A solution to the Decursive nerf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A solution to the Decursive nerf

I've been doing some reading and talking on the UI community forums, and I've found a way around the Decursive nerf.

Basically, they only want to take out the ability to smart-target people. Decursive classes will have to develop group or class-based assignments in their own channels. For example, I might be responsible for cleaning groups 1, 2 and 3, and Luna might be responsible for 3, 4 and 5, etc. But here's a macro that will work in 1.13 (for pallies):

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Cleanse

Then, you can bind this macro to a key, say a mouse button, and hover over your CTRA window for each player. When you mouseover that player's frame in CTRA and hit your new Cleanse button, you'll effectively be doing what Decursive did.

This should further allow the same functionality as before, it just requires slightly more thinking. For example, I'll still be able to rightclick autoattack while cleansing on fights like Lucifron. The new focus ability allows me to not have to untarget to cleanse. I'll be testing this on the PTRs shortly.

Re: A solution to the Decursive nerf

nice
    QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
    Nice remark guys.

Comment

I think decursive will work much the same as it did, except there will be no "clean party" keybind. They will still allow ui to identify a target that needs to be cleansed, you will just need to hit the window to cleanse them. I don't think this nerf will be as big a deal as it seemed at first.
      Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Actually, it won't. They're securing the frames in combat, so there will be no ability to dynamically sort a frame when combat has begun.

Boo.

Comment

what about a click-heal-esque type thing? click someones name in raid.. it decurses em
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

That's precisely what this macro will do if bound to an appropriate key. In theory, the syntax of the macro would allow you to bind it to left-click. If you clicked on something not curable, it would simply target that mob. But by binding it to say, a spare mouse button, you effectively make it so that you don't have to lose your current target for healing/dps.

Comment

Im pretty sure they have a decursive right now that is working with Beta.
              QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
              Nice remark guys.

Comment

nthey arent using the 3.1 version of the scripting engine in the 'beta server'
                current wow uses 3.0 (zomg.. i cant think of the name)

EDIT: LUA is what i was thinking of
                Last edited by Tonk; 11-22-2006, 09:18 AM.