Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Last Night's "Random Raid"

What did you all think?

Do you have objections to doing things like that in the future? Please post your thoughts on last night's raid, not the concept in principle. We as officers need to know where people stand.

Re: Opinions on Last Night's "Random Raid"

I liked both the concept and the raid last night. Personally I would have prefered to start in BWL since we did have a full group that for the most part was pretty seasoned. But I don't think it was bad thing at all to hit Lucy/Mags (which makes the rest of MC much quicker) first. And I have no problem with going where Orion pointed us and I think its important that we just relax and have fun with it no matter what.

Also, going into last night I wasn't sure what we would have. I assumed if we had enough we would hit BWL but if not we would head to MC. I can't emphasize how happy it made me to know that we would do SOMETHING. So often for recent BWL raids I haven't been in as "loose" as I would have liked because I knew if we didn't have enough for BWL we'd be stuck with a wasted night. Now, having the option to change the schedule on the fly really opens up what we can accomplish.

I know you said specifically not to post comments on the concept so if this isn't what you want then I'll make a future edit of this easy and just add the sentance below.

Last night was great!
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Overall I thought it was really good. I would have liked to have concentrated on one area though, and since we had a balanced and full 40, I think we should have gone to BWL in the first place. In my mind, MC should be thought of primarily as a fall-back if we don't have an ideal group for BWL. But regardless of where we decide to go, I think we should stick with it unless the group changes and necessitates or provides the opportunity for a change of venue.

So yeah, overall I liked it a lot. Who knows if this new method is what resulted in getting us a full 40, but hey... something worked. However, I would like to see a bit more thought put into where we're going, based on the group. If we're lucky enough to have a full 40, I don't think we should go to MC.

And just as a note, going in and just killing the first two bosses in MC has a few disadvantages, probably the biggest of which being that we get far less [item]Core Leather[/item] that way.
      Ninja

Comment

i enjoyed last night. It allowed success and then a less stressful shot at BWL. Familiarity and getting a little desensitized to the frenzy of BWL is great particularly for people who might be a little timid , but close to equiped enough.

Comment

For me I liked last night, It didn't feel like a waste of a night espicially if we didn't have the people needed or the right group make up. For me personally I would rather do BWL first, take down the first boss and maybe the second.. we are usually done BWL in about 30-60 min depending on how it goes. Then we can spend a good two hrs or so in MC and then stop at Garr or a little past depending how the groups are made up. Since we are still learning BWL if we just spend an hour or so just hitting the first two bosses that is good enough because people would not get tired of dieing. Once we start going further in BWL then yes spending more time.. but right now I think start with bwl and be in there for a hour or so and then move to MC. However i do like the random raiding and not know.

Comment

Last night was great. I agree with the theme that's going in the previous posts that BWL would have been a preferred starting point, but regardless, I had a lot of fun jumping between the two. What impressed me the most was the fact that we had a full group by the start time. That was spectacular to me so kudos to those who signed up, showed up and to whomever it was who pulled in support from their friends list.

The best part about last night was that we accomplished something in a relatively short amount of time. I'll echo Pistos in that I generally worry before certain raids about how productive they will be and whether I will have an enjoyable gaming evening after sitting around waiting for a raid to get going. Something about the set up and the direction last night just felt really nice.

Gaviin raises a good point about the direction we went in MC and the impact it has on farming there. Shiro also has a good idea in suggesting that we focus on BWL first. For where we are at there, we can basically finish in under an hour; either we are on our game and plow through Razor and Vael quickly or we run into a wall of ill-timed BAs on our healers. In either case, after an hour, I'd say most of us would be ready to switch to MC because Vael's down or because we're tired of dying. And if things are really going well, we can just continue through to Broodlord.

In closing, I had a blast last night and really appreciate the behind-the-scenes effort that went into it from the officers and my fellow raiders. I hope to ride this positive wave into this weekend... My wife and daughter are out of town this weekend so I'll be back in a bachelor paradise of uninterrupted WoW and football!
            70 Priest

Comment

I thought it was a great idea..

For 1. It splits up the DKP better. Now people that are after DKP will show up more often just to get the DKP. Instead of going to MC and then saying screw BWL because there isnt much for DKP..

For 2. Which is the best in my opinion. We are going into Friday now with Razor already down.. Would have been awesome if we were successful at Vael, but its a great start.. So again, we could go in tonight clear a few MC bosses and move over and kill Vael.. which would leave us Sat to finish MC and make it pass the suppression room and continue...

* Please remember that Vael is one of the hardest bosses in BWL, and TG has successfully killed the pig. I was there and saw it with my own eyes.. I tell you guys what. Ill do the first 70% of damage if you guys can do the last 30% * :)

This is a GREAT way to work our way through BWL.. I think that doing this for lets say 2-3 weeks we will be able to get at least 1/2 way through BWL.. And then people will want to start showing up for BWL more because Gaviin will declare those mobs on " farm status ".

I did mention this idea in the forums not to long ago, so If anyone dislikes it, I maybe part to blame.. Im not an officer and made no kind of decision on doing this, but my post may have sparked something that I feel is a great idea, and it appears others are agreeing.. Thank you guys for considering this and trying it out.. I believe its gonna be a great benefit to TG.
              QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
              Nice remark guys.

Comment

which brings me to 1 more point...

MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR FR GEAR TO EVERY RAID....
                Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Icsist View Post
                  which brings me to 1 more point...

MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR FR GEAR TO EVERY RAID....
                  Not to mention your Shadow/Nature/Arcane resist...and eventually even Frost Resist!!!:row__690:
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                    Not to mention your Shadow/Nature/Arcane resist...and eventually even Frost Resist!!!:row__690:
                    Boo... I guess I will have to re-evaluate bag space, but not sure how will I be able to raid without my 5x[item]Lucky Charm[/item]s, 5x[item]Rabbit's Foot[/item]s, 3x[item]Heavy Leather Ball[/item], a couple [item]Happy Fun Rock[/item]s, [item]Strong Fishing Pole[/item], 3 extra stacks of [item]Runecloth[/item], some spare [item]Ogre Tannin[/item], and of course the [item]Broken I.W.I.N. Button[/item].
                    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I'd have to same that is the most fun I have had on a MC/BWL raid in a long time. I think the raid worked out great. Looking forward to more of those types of raids to come. (and maybe a peek into AQ40 just for kicks on the next random raid :p)

Thanks again to the officers for their flexibility to try something new and different. :)
                      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                        Boo... I guess I will have to re-evaluate bag space, but not sure how will I be able to raid without my 5x[item]Lucky Charm[/item]s, 5x[item]Rabbit's Foot[/item]s, 3x[item]Heavy Leather Ball[/item], a couple [item]Happy Fun Rock[/item]s, [item]Strong Fishing Pole[/item], 3 extra stacks of [item]Runecloth[/item], some spare [item]Ogre Tannin[/item], and of course the [item]Broken I.W.I.N. Button[/item].
                        Come on man, you cant be serious? I can see having the 5x [item]Lucky Charm[/item]s, 5x [item]Rabbit's Foot[/item]s, 3x[Item] Heavy Leather Ball[/item], a couple [item]Happy Fun Rock[/item]s, [item]Strong Fishing Pole[/item], 3 extra stacks of [item]Runecloth[/item], some spare [item]Ogre Tannin[/item], and of course the [item]Broken I.W.I.N Button[/item] But do you really need the... wait I guess those all are necessities.. sorry
                        Nice remark guys.

Comment

I really enjoyed the night, it was great. Everyone already touched on alot of ideas I would have come up with. Keep up the great work !!!!
                          "As Above, So Below"

Comment

I had a great time. The idea of flexibilty will be the key to our future once the BC comes out in January. I will enjoy these more balanced raid nights that will keep everyone sharp and ready to rock. Great idea and great job planning and leading the raid!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                            Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                            Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I had fun.

Wish I didn't screw up repeatedly on Razor but that's another issue. ;)
                              --
                              Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...