Unofficial TG radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial TG radio

ok.. I've got a live365 TG radio station up and going with a default playlist loaded. It'll handle 100 listeners "on-demand" and 30 listeners live/relay.

Bear in mind this is "experimental" until we get things ironed out about if/how it's going to work. This also must be approved by Apo before I make it completely public knowledge and available to all of TG.

For now, we can play with it while we Raid. Ark has volunteered to DJ for tomorrow night (cringe)... j/k :)

It will run the playlist 24/7 in CD quality and go Live when needed. I tell ya' it's a lot of fun doing this! (yes Manny, The Planets is on the playlist now)

What will probably happen is I/someone will approve prospective DJs and give them access to the site (this is FULL access accept for billing). Bear in mind u are selling your soul here; your anonymity with ME and a select few will be compromised. Basically, all DJs will have every other DJs RL contact info. Passwords will change weekly most likely. With access u can alter the schedule, playlist, uploads, contact info., DJ info., and a lot of other stuff.

Once a Live DJed broadcast is underway DJ can upload on-the-fly from their own systems without using the default playlist. And of course, talk with their mic, do effects.. etc.

DJs will need a variety of free software that's stupid easy to use.
    Listeners only need to browse to the site to listen in. bitrate is at 64k, so you'll need broadband ideally. Of course, this can be lowered or raised at will.

In case you were thinking of DJing but not from within the system (Arkamis mentioned shoutcast tonite)... we CAN relay your broadcast (shoutcast, icecast, etc.) through the server. This will make certain that your bandwidth doesnt get slammed if u wanted to try to do it on your own (if you hosted yourself you'd have to provide FM quality streams to EACH listener). All that's needed for this is an open timeslot and permission from a DJ-admin to flip the station to schedule the relay. Cool huh? All that'd be required is the proper metainfo. of the tracks you play. (meaning, all your tracks MUST be labeled - artist/album/song) Royalties and tracking are handled from within the server.

So, this is the best way to keep everything legal with the least amount of hassle IMO. All legalities, bandwidth, software, everything is handled in one neat package. Not to mention the ability to give EVERYONE a chance at DJing even if they're not in the system. We can also expand as needed.

Anyways, this could really be a lot of fun... the possibilities are endless and I anticipate the station growing quite rapidly if allowed to.

"So say we all?"

btw: the current ip for the station is www.live365.com/stations/tacticalgamer

If approved I'll nail down the Tgradio.com domain (or another if u guys have any other ideas) and it'll point directly to the station. Eventually the domain itself will have a working website and custom station (if we upgrade).

Re: Unofficial TG radio

update: site is now completely live 24/7. I had lots of trouble making the playlist legal (amount of same artist, album, length, etc.)

I was up till 4am sorting it out... along with 227mb of fully downmixed tunes.

Note to self: Rip songs into 64k mp3 before uploading to site (the software up/downmixes the files automatically but it adds an x-tra step and takes a while).

Comment

update: I've just gotten home and havent the time to set up anyone on the server. I might pop in to test the live function during the raid, so listen in if you'd like. Alas, I definitely wont be able to make the raid - i'm exhausted.

Comment

Thank you for all of this, Siulung! This is pretty exciting.

Comment

Dare you to play Dragonforce on it ;)
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

can we streamline the Jim Rome show between 11 and 2? Oh nevermind i do that anyways.
            QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
            Nice remark guys.

Comment

Siu -

Is there a bank of music to select from or are you just ripping your own stuff to upload at this point?
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Currently there is roughly 300mb of music that plays 24/7. I ripped these from CD (as all my tunes were lost in a wipe) and uploaded them to the site. When u go to the station this is what you'll hear. Live365 does have a music library that you can ALSO upload to your online mp3 library to be used for whatever; it's not very good mind you, but this is understandable considering it's a relatively new medium - gonna take time to build up a good library legally.

During LIVE sessions the DJ can play whatever he/she wants from their own computer, ignoring the 300mb of music entirely. They do have the choice of using the on-demand playlist(s) though if I recall as well as just uploading from the live365 library... this is something I have to test though. The actual library is different from what is playin on the default playlist, obviously. So you can have 300mb in your library and an unlimited amount of playlists you can design and play however u want, 24/7. Right now though, I'm just playin all 300mb LoL. We'll tweak it down though.

What's really cool is we can basically schedule the station to flip through ANY playlist we put together whenever we want! At 2pm we could play the 80's songs in the library. At 4pm the trance, etc. Then at 8pm the station could automatically switch to relay someone's shoutcast, or any other broadcast for that matter, including our own Live sessions.

Icsist, as for the jim rome show... yes, I can relay that stream. All i need is a web addy or ip and port. :) And if YOU stream his relay, then I can relay off YOU as well.

I tell ya' this stuff is really cool. You really get a lot of capability in a relatively cheap package. And it's a lot of fun! And the system keeps you legal, even during live broadcasts.

btw; i have reserved the tgradiolive.com domain :) tgradio.com wasnt available (maybe i'll blackmail the owner to give it to me)

hmmm... we have 1 listener right now too - one of you guys listenin in???
                Last edited by Gambit7; 11-20-2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Yea actually I've been listening for a couple hours this morning. Been kinda sick of the stuff on my IPod so thought I'd check it out.
                  Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

I am giving it a shot right now. Definitely appreciate all your work on it Sui!
                    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

this thread should be moved out of the WoW forum and into the light of the general forum!!

(listening now - Buddah Bar! nice!)

Comment

I'm checking it out now...I'd be willing to try to learn some of the DJ'ing stuff myself. Always wanted to try, and i'm got some fun stuff to play.

Comment

Copied to the General Discussion Forums.

Comment

I think Gambit was waiting to get Apo's official approval before he put it out there in the general forums... either way, been listening most of the day now. This could be alot of fun!
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Yeah ive been tuned in for abit, but from 11-2, im steamlining the Jim Rome show.. Which for people that dont know, is a sports show.. If there is enough interest in putting the Jim rome show on then just contact me in game and we can figure out how to do it.. Hell I pay for it anyways, might as well let everyone hear it..

BTW let me know by Wed, or you will have to wait until Sunday or later cause ill be out of town.
                              QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
                              Nice remark guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X