Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mage Leadership Determination - Phase 1: Nomination.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Leadership Determination - Phase 1: Nomination.

After the mage meeting this wednesday, we have come to a conclusion. As the mage class is very democratic in our inner workings, we're going to vote on our class leaders. So, for starters, we'll declare the nominees, and system, for any mages who missed the meeting.

Any Mage (mains only please) who is willing, and interested, to serve as one of the two Mage Class liasons, Please post your interest here. This weekend, we will close nominations and each mage (including any alts, provided they have been to at least three 40-man raids) will recieve two votes, to put, secretly, to any candidate that they choose. The votes will be recieved and tallied by a officer (to be determined...anyone willing to be the pm target, please post here yourself), and then the top two recipients will become Class Lead, and Assistant Class Lead, respectively.

During the meeting, the following people expressed candidacy:

Deleo (myself)
    Dewidkat
    Vondoom

If you guys would be so kind as to affirm this declaration here, and anyone else with interest would like to post, I will keep this list updated.

We will close nominations at midnight on Saturday, to allow ample time, and we will close voting once a clear leader has appeared, with the majority of votes in.

Re: Mage Leadership Determination - Phase 1: Nomination.

You can use me as the Vote Counter. I have a pretty empty Mailbox, so have plenty of room.

As for Bear, /BONK. You don't get to talk when you die like a pansy to Baron :).
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I'd like to advise those interested in this position that we're looking to minimize the resposibilities of the liason (class-"leaders"). In reality these 2 people wont be de-facto Class Leaders, but more of ambassadors between the "Mage Council" (all mages) and the Guild Leadership.

There are two positions simply to make sure there's almost always a liason available for any issues that arise (see Orion's post about class-assistants). As well, each person can serve as a check and balance for the other as well as a source of alternate info. Not to mention both will have Officer chat and forum access (which is the main reason to even have this at all).

As for decisions for the Mage class as a whole, none are to be made w/o conversation in forum, game, and/or TS. We're considering whether to even ask for gkick/invite ability for these Ambassadors; any such action normally would be advertised to all Mages anyways. This goes for gear and raid considerations as well. ALL Mages are to automatically monitor everyone in their class, not just the officers... and talk through raids and loot accordingly. This eliminates the class falling apart just because an officer isnt around.

So for those Mages who are "on the fence" about whether to apply or not, just realize that there really isnt much being asked of you besides your time and attention every once and a while. Just pass info. back and forth, etc. In this way, we maintain the true nature of the trade guilds of Old, where every tradesman had equal say.

I look at it like the Jedi or Wizard's Councils, where a select few in the councils are chosen to fraternize with the Underlings, keeping the lines of political communication open. :)

As for me, I cant do it simply because I travel too much and play too many different games, with more to come in the future. Otherwise I'd apply in a hot minute. As for all you other Mages, I KNOW there are more of you able to fill these slots... so get to signin up

Comment

I know recently I havn't been on much (mainly because i've been plagueing my PTR copies and studying mage tallents/spells witha passion / work/college), but I would think that I'd be interested in this assistant position? I do think I'd be playing the drenie shaman ALOT when the expansion hits, though I'd always be able to answer any mage questions / help those with questions. I like to research different mage aspects of play in pvp/pve so I'm fairly... for lack of a better word to not seem so nerdy... educated in the mage play XD. Let me know what happens or if you have questions for me about my interest?

~Starrocketer

Comment

I Would nominate Thaisia who has an amazing grasp of PVP and Dmg to Pwn as a Class leader/Assistant. Speaking of PVP ... where is Zeeg?
          FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

I need to withdraw my toon from consideration and ask for you assitance. Simply, one of my best friends is the father of the missing family in Oregon. If you have a chance to volunteer in any of the searches, I pray you can participate.

Respectfully,
            Dewidkat

Comment

Originally posted by Delg View Post
              I Would nominate Thaisia who has an amazing grasp of PVP and Dmg to Pwn as a Class leader/Assistant. Speaking of PVP ... where is Zeeg?
              Thaisia must nominate herself actually. If she's willing, she's in. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dewidkat View Post
                I need to withdraw my toon from consideration and ask for you assitance. Simply, one of my best friends is the father of the missing family in Oregon. If you have a chance to volunteer in any of the searches, I pray you can participate.

Respectfully,
                Dewidkat
                Good luck with the search Dew... if I was in the area trust me, I'd be there with you. As for the position I dont think you really have a need to withdraw. It'll be there when u get back.

Comment

Alright..Well, this post has been up for 5 days now, and currently the only nominees are myself and Vondoom. Unless we have anyone else step up in the next couple of days, We'll call it, and the two of us will take on the positions.

Comment

Vondoom and Deleo will be the Mage Officer and Class Leader (decision to be made on which person is what role). Thank you to the mages for putting this together and looking out for your class.

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Thank you everyone who have supported me and Deleo with our nominations. I want everyone to know that we are here for you! If there is ANY problems you have, please feel free to send me or Deleo a PM, or if you would like to talk about it in the mage channel, or would like to just pull one us aside in TS to talk about it, please feel free to do so.

We will continue to have open discussions in the Mage channel about important topics concerning our class and everyones imput is vital! There are certain senior members of this class that most of know and are friends with like Dewi, Siulung, Crim, Zedd(when he's not a backstabbing rogue):) that are usually on and whom I highly value their oppinion. If you are needing to get me or Deleo a message, or have a question, they can probably answer it also.

This class has some of the best players in the guild, and really can run itself, and has. We don't intend to change that! It's just that our class needed a figurehead or heads, to work as a go between and a voice to the other officers and class leaders of the guild. Someone to stand up for us! That's what were here for.

Thank you everyone for your continued support!:)
                        Sincerly,
                        Vondoom
                        I don't suffer from insanity,
                        I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Gratz guys!!!! Now we can rule the World..............of warcraft!!!
                          "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X