Burning Crusade Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Crusade Question

Does anyone know if they are expanding the Hunters Stables so they can have more pets

Re: Burning Crusade Question

I have heard in Beta that they are expanding it 1 additional spot. I will talk to a stable master next time I am on the beta and check for you.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Interested to know this for sure myself.

Last I heard they weren't but it's been a while since I read up on current TBC hunter news.
        --
        Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

To my knowledge they are not expanding the hunter stable slots.

However, your current pet will no longer take up a stable slot so you can have 3 'stabled' pets and one active pet.

Its odd wording really. They say they intend to keep stable slots the same, but if you tame a pet it will no longer count towards your stabled pets.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

There aren't any additional stable slots, I can't speak for what Tarenth has documented here.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Yeah, they're pretty old posts from before all the 'leaking' began. Let me see if I can toss up some quotes.

Originally posted by Tseric on 09/26/06
              We don't have any intentions at this time to increase the total number of stable slots.

However, we are interested in possibly changing the way Hunter's might use stable slots. The issue we see, is that a stable slot is usually left empty in order to swap out pets and take abilities off of them. This results in Hunters usually having one empty stable slot at all times, waiting for that "disposable" pet.

We might be changing the way taming works, so that beast training can be used without actually having to tame and stable a pet. This could then allow Hunters to store an actual pet in that previously empty slot, effectively increasing the stable size.
              Originally posted by Tseric on 09/26/06
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Q u o t e:
              I'll never understand why you just refuse to increase stable slots. I mean really, its been a sore spot for hunters since day one, brought to the attention of the devs many times, and yet you still refuse to do it 2 years later. Instead, you will try to circumvent the problem with some other technique that sounds like it would require a hell of a lot more work than just increasing the damn slots!

/boggled
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because increasing storage space for characters carries a heavy technological weight to it and is something we try to avoid when possible by using more creative solutions. Increasing character data directly impacts game performance, so it is something done with careful consideration and should not be regarded as "the simple, easy solution".
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X