Broken addons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken addons

Can eveyone list the addons they commonly use that they KNOW have updates available or work fine without updates. The only one I know for sure at this point is CT Mod but even parts of it are still being rewritten. and if there are any download locations other than curse-gaming list them as well.
    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Re: Broken addons

Hmmm... The main mod sites are all bogged down and load like molasses on a cold day right now. They each have lists of updated mods for 2.0.

http://www.wowinterface.com/
    http://wow.curse-gaming.com/
    http://ui.worldofwar.net/

From brief fiddling around tonight in IF:

The parts of CT_Mod that have been updated seem to be working (it's the missing/not updated yet parts that are killing me :row__684: ). I did find a bug in partybuffs (throwing an error when set to show more than 6 buffs).

CTRA and Bossmods install fine and didn't give any errors on initial setup but I didn't get a chance to fully configure and test them in a raid.

ItemRack 1.99 seemed to work fine.

Dotimer 2.0 seemed to setup ok but didn't get to test it fully yet.

Atlas 1.8.5 & Atlasloot Enhanced 2.00.00 seem to be working.

KLHThreatmeter 18.7 installs and sets up fine but I didn't get a chance to fully test.

CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler 2.0.1 are up too but I haven't messed with them yet. (http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/)

I really need to find a replacement for CT_BarMod and CT_BottomBar till they get updated. :row__637:

Played with TrinityButtons 20000.17 but I couldn't get it to do what I need (will mess with it again tomorrow if I have time).

Edit: Just spotted this thread on the WoW UI forums with the CT authors discussing what's going on with CT_Mod.
    --
    Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

CTRA has quite a few bugs.

KTM 18.7 has some issues, that don't seem to exist in 18.3 (a beta version of it).
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

It's probably a good thing that RL has me AFK through Saturday of this week.:row1_20: I don't think I could be happy with having only one row of buttons to use. (And no...I don't want to hotkey all the alternative choices...TYVM!!) Without the UI addons, it's no fun for me...so...think positive thoughts toward all those working to update their mods for the rest of us!!

See you Sunday.:)
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I downloaded a few from the WoW 2.0 AddOns Section of curse-gaming yesterday.

- Scrolling Combat Text 5.2 -- Appears to be working so far
          - KLH Threatmeter 18.7 -- Appears to be working so far
          - Tital Panel 3.0 -- I got a few errors last night that Tital Panel was trying to do things that were no longer allowed. It wouldn't let me ask for a duel and it wouldn't let me disenchant an item (even though I wasn't trying to do that through Titan Panel).
          - Outfitter 1.4.3 -- Appears to be working so far

I did download the CT_Mod and CT_Raid_Assist from ctmod's site but have not installed them yet.

Discord's site says that they aren't close to getting anything ready so the vanilla UI will have to do for now I guess. Although there are a few things up on curse-gaming that I might try. Moving my toolbars around is a top priority so if someone finds something that works let me know.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I suggest taking a look at Trinity Bars (at wowinterface.com). I have been messing with it in Beta and transferred it over to the live servers. It has some interesting features, including shapes, resizing and on the fly key bindings, that are very nice.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I played with Trinity a bit last night. Promising... Though I couldn't get it to do what I wanted right off the bat I'm going to take a look at it again when I have time.
              --

Comment

FYI updates to CT_Mod and CT_RaidAssist have been released to address some of the bugs. You can grab them from the CT site.

Edit: Ugh! CTRA is still quite buggy. :(
                Last edited by Chuckles-TLC; 12-06-2006, 11:06 PM.
                --

Comment

Blizzard has created a secure template on the bar, because they disliked the idea of flexbar type things. As a result, action bars are not dynamically changeable in combat, but to create such a protected action, they eliminated msot of the functionality of current bar mods.

While a workaround is being solved, I have a feeling most people won't be too happy with what's available until the bigger mods release their wares.

In the meanwhile, there are some awesome new macro capabilities that eliminate the need for certain bar mods.

Comment

Beep - Don't forget you can turn on the extra bars in your interface options. let's you have 4 bars anyway. Not enough for me to be happy with, but I did get 2 of my toons mostly functional.
                    Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X