X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirusblk
    started a topic New to WOW

New to WOW

Hi, I'm new to WOW, just got it not too long ago. I'm a bit new but learning with the help of some of my friends. I love Tactical Gamer's whole mature gameplay and would love to participate in those fabled epic raids. I have a character on Jaednar right now but do I need to make a character on Thunderhorn to play with you guys? Is it ok that I only play on weekends? Do you have any tips for a newbie?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions. I've read the basic required reading in the announcements to the best of my ability but I guess I need clarification.

-Sirusblk

• Sirusblk
    replied
    Re: New to WOW

Yah, Night Elf Druids die fast unless they save their mana to heal themselves instead of Wrathing the enemy, and have First Aid to bandage themselves. I think my skill in First Aid is like 100 already :P

-Sirusblk

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied

Welcome! I'm a relatively new player. I've been on for a couple of months only... shesh.. that's it?

Ask questions - everyone will give help or advice. If no one responds, either they are busy or else your breath is really bad (NO! That's not it... oh yeah... it's cause your name is skylark)

If you're like me, it will take several characters to find out what you want to play. (then you find out the answer is EVERYTHING!)

oh yeah, make sure you sign up for frequent Diers miles. :-D

Leave a comment:

• Sirusblk
    replied

I actually finally decided on a Druid, it's name is Feras and he's a NE... obviously. I just took skinning and leather working since I've always wanted to do that, and it's been fun skinning the little bunnies and deer... in a sick sorta way :) Also those cheap leather boots that you can make that look like pants? Extreme sex appeal :)

-Sirusblk

Leave a comment:

• aesop rock
    replied

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
    I was considering a druid but since I get frustrated at hunters for sniping away at me with their hunter's mark and all I get decimated everytime to a team of hunters, one spots and shoots away the other closes the distance and cuts me down. I think it's time I pissed some horde players off :P

I'm still on the fence though, I do like them druids :)

-Sirusblk
    Don't think that hunters counter hunters. I'm still a noob, but in my experience, if you're getting mobbed by more than one hunter, the best thing to do is.. well.. die. But then, when you come back to life, you need to find a way to close in on them. My main is a warlock, and I absolutely destroy hunters. It's not even funny. Er, yea, actually it is really funny. Especially when they die long after I die from my DoT spells.

I have a feeling druids have an easier time taking down hunters than other hunters do, and I think rogues pretty much are the ultimate counter-hunter. Could be wrong, just a hunch.

Leave a comment:

• Gaviin
    replied

Only when I have to, foo.

Leave a comment:

• Tonk
    replied

cough... gaviin? you use teamspeak.... l00zer

Leave a comment:

• Gaviin
    replied

Teamspeak is for lewzorz. Vent ftw! ;)

Leave a comment:

• Dreadd
    replied

Welcome Sirius Black! I look forward to seeing you on. Yeah, as has been said b4, you can make both, and you can level them both up in basically the same amount of time it takes to level one if you do it right, using the double rested XP bonus.

As for a tip, the one I always give is this: Find a group of friends early on you like playing with, and level up together. It is much more fun when you can play with others, even doing low-level quests that could easily be solo'd. And your friends don't necessarily even need to be guildies, although you can certainly find many lowbies here in TG. Oh, and be sure to use Teamspeak, and shun the evil pretender,Vent!

-D-

Leave a comment:

• Iliana
    replied

But really though THE POWER OF THE DRUID COMPELS YOU!

Leave a comment:

• Kelilyse
    replied

You can always make both and decide later which one should be your main.

Leave a comment:

• Sirusblk
    replied

I was considering a druid but since I get frustrated at hunters for sniping away at me with their hunter's mark and all I get decimated everytime to a team of hunters, one spots and shoots away the other closes the distance and cuts me down. I think it's time I pissed some horde players off :P

I'm still on the fence though, I do like them druids :)

-Sirusblk

Leave a comment:

• dreamchaser
    replied

<Dream is sending subliminal messages to Sirusblk>.....you WANT to make a druid....you WANT to make a druid.....

Leave a comment:

• luna
    replied

I'd suggest mid-day during the week, or early in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Sirusblk
    replied

No I can't even create a character! You see even when I wait through the queue I still can't make a character :( It says that the server is too busy with so many people.

I don't mind waiting in the queue but if I could get on at a low traffic time just to make my character that would be fine :)

-Sirusblk

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X