Replacing CTRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing CTRA

Here are a group of mods that will replace the CTRA Functionality if you don't want to mess with its bugginess.

oRA2
    The ACE version of CTRA, much less bulky, and hooks into Fubar to make it very easy to work with.

Fubar
    A Titan Panel Replacement. Far more memory efficient, but doesn't have quite as many mods to it at the moment.

BigWigs
    Boss Mods. Great Addon, I have been using this for a while instead of CTRA boss mods.

sRaidFrames
    Replacement Frame mod. Looks similar to CTRA but again, more memory effecient, and ties into Fubar.

XRaidStatus
    Raid Status mod, that I like a lot more than CTRA's tracker.

Screenshot of what the MT Target window looks like.

For a full list of mods that tie into ACE, check http://wowace.com
    Last edited by Sajier; 12-09-2006, 04:36 PM.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: Replacing CTRA

If you have the memory, I'd recommend keeping CTRA, just because it has some of the most compact functionality with some less-known features than what I've seen.

In Imminent, for example, we have to carry a required amount of consumables to each raid. Hardcore, yo. Our raid leader can do an inventory check and dock DKP from those who didn't bring the proper amount. AFAIK, CTRA is the only of these mods that has that feature.

Am I suggesting TG mandate such a thing? No, but it would be helpful for Manny or Crebis perhaps to know if someone is short fire potions or flasks, that way they can distribute them more quickly to those in most need of them.

CTRA is full of similar useful features, and I like it just for how easy it is to do all that.

Comment

so... if we wanted to see what is in your bags.. we should keep ctra?....
      how about a useful reason to keep it
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Looking through the oRA menus, it looks like there's an option to check the raid for a certain item. I think that is the functionality Ark is mentioning.

oRA looks pretty sweet to me...
        70 Priest

Comment

oRA has been nice the past 2 raids I used it on, next raid I will be dumping CTRA and using oRA as a stand-alone with SRaidFrames or Grid as my group visuals (character boxes)

Comment

I dumped CTRA completely after Saturday's raid (incl. boss mods) and just ran with oRA during Sunday's MC clean up. No problems whatsoever (aside from my obscenely slow framerates). I find that all of these Ace mods that I've tried are so much more user friendly and bug-free than anything CT I've used in the past. Very happy with this move... (Thanks Sajier)
            70 Priest

Comment

After trying oRA2, don't think I will be looking back. I like the features of oRA2 and the plug-ins that are compatible.
              "As Above, So Below"

Comment

Originally posted by Chair View Post
                so... if we wanted to see what is in your bags.. we should keep ctra?....
                how about a useful reason to keep it
                Because the functionality is 100% at the moment. Why adjust to something new when there's already so mcuh to adjust to?

I tried oRA, and just couldn't get the look and feel I liked. Haven't tried any of it's features, but I haven't the need with CTRA's abilities.

Comment

Well, as oRA works with CTRA sharing MTs, and channels and everything, it really doesn't matter. Those who want to use oRA can, and will save about 20mb of memory utilization by doing so.
                  Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                    Because the functionality is 100% at the moment. Why adjust to something new when there's already so mcuh to adjust to?

I tried oRA, and just couldn't get the look and feel I liked. Haven't tried any of it's features, but I haven't the need with CTRA's abilities.
                    lol.. ctra = 100%? rofl.. ctraid hasnt been at 100% for about 6 months... oRA2 i happen to come across during the beta server... got to like it more than ctra... not clunky or nothin