BWL Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWL Discussion!

K guys, here it is. I want you to list your likes and dislikes in here about our current Razor Strat, and the one suggested by Orion tonight.

Also, if you have any other strats you'd like attempted, this is where you should put them, if you don't feel like PM'ing Me or Orion or Chair.

Sound good? Let the Debate Begin!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: BWL Discussion!

On kiting for razorgore, just wanted to post a reminder about getting the minor speed enchant to boots for hunters and warriors as it helps quite a bit with kiting the mobs.

Also, can we start with 2 or 3 hunters picking up the dragonkin for kiting in the beginning? That way there are 2 or 3 available hunters to pick up mages or dragonkins that are in the middle or loose. And if a kiting hunter goes down early you still have a couple of hunters to pick up the kite.

Any thoughts?
    "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Getting the AB boots is just as good in my opinion since its only 20 marks of honor and around 4000 honor. However, while it helps its definately not required. You can still do the kite effectively without the enchant.

Now in the original setup I have to say I blame the hunters for our failure. Not the hunter performance, but general attendance and roster. We've lost some pretty old hands with this class and having 4 people show up with 2 of them relatively new to the kiting procedure will lead itself to difficulties. Green troops will lead to more screw ups as a rule. We really don't have enough hunters attending to hold someone back in reserve for pickups. Hunters really need to be on the ball because the dragonkin are immune to all snares and if you screw up and get caught its game over. Either a healer keeps you alive through the damage and pulls aggro with heals or you get mauled to death by the rampaging crowd.

When a hunter or warrior goes down you have dragonkin loose and running around droping healers until someone else can pick up. Loss of healers means more kiters go down causing more healers to go down until all you have left are damage dealers. If hunters can't be kept in reserve then there needs to be someone else working and able to join the kite at a moment's notice when things turn sour. On our last successes those people would either be druids in bear form (yay Crebis!), paladins, or even the healers themselves.

One improvement I can think of is to try and work on getting the kiters to start strafing when they get caught by mobs. If you keep running forward there's the chance of getting dazed which will just cause your other mobs to catch up to you when you slow down. Starting to strafe will keep your forward movement close to the same, but remove the chance to be dazed so you can make it to the stairs and get those yards of extra distance.

With the Crebis strat it was less a problem with hunters and more a problem with having tanks. When you have tanks keeping the attention of multiple mobs they will take more damage. More damage means more heals to keep them up. More heals means more healing aggro. More healing aggro means more dragonkin breaking from the 600 aggro distracting shot or 300 aggro scattershot to run at a healer. More dragonkin on healers mean dead healers. Dead healers mean dead raid.

Its a beautifully simple strategy, but one that we are currently unable to accomplish with our level of gear for damage mitigation and damage output.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'm not a member of the TG guild, but I am a TG SM with a 60 warrior on Dunemaul. I'm not sure exactly what strat y'all are using, but instead of kiting with hunters, we use warriors and demo shout. This way they can take a beating if the mobs catch up, and with demo shout they can keep building aggro. If one goes amok, just have a hunter pick it up and bring it to a warrior, following the warrior until his demo shout takes the add off the hunter. This has worked very well for us. Also, if you strafe, you can avoid the daze effect. (Daze requires you to be hit from behind.)

Comment

We usually delegate warriors to kiting the legionares while the hunters get the tough job of pulling dragonkin and kiting them. Mainly because dragonkin, being immune to snares, will ignore piercing howl and warriors need to get hit occasionally to generate the rage to demo shout. We don't want to overload our warriors after all because they're so fragile. ^_^
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Interesting strat

Very different to what KWSN do.

We have a pally kite all of the mobs after 2 mass fireballs from the 2nd mind control - he retains all the arggo and requires very little if none at all healing.

Warrs after the controller is dead at the start do the intianal kite but once the 2nd fireball hits its all razor controller.

nehow i just thought i'd put this here - take it or leave - its cool - just another thought.. :)

Comment

If your DPS is high enough, just have two warriors kite the dragonkin, and kill all the orcs. You can generally outpace the rate of spawns.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                If your DPS is high enough, just have two warriors kite the dragonkin, and kill all the orcs. You can generally outpace the rate of spawns.
                Tried it, Didn't do so well.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

it's definitely more gear dependent to do that.

Comment

I was gonna say - thats some huge dps.
                    I thought KWSN had dps - god :0

Comment

I did notice few times I been in there, non-guild runs, that Razor was used once or twice to help with arggo. I noticed our strategy we don't use him all that often. Maybe try a volley once or twice? I realize you don't want to much hate on Razor otherwise they will kill him, but once or twice should help.
                      "As Above, So Below"

Comment

btw its the way kwsn do it - you may have to adapt it to your team.
                        Its a tough strat but it works really well.

And lep you want all hate on razor :)

First up kill the 3 goons controlling razor while that happens one pally takes over razor and kills eggs - as per normal
                        On the 2nd control another pally takes the control and right away fires off a fire volley - then trains the mobs around the room - half way through his control he fires off another volley to catch the rest of the spawns, once the 2nd pallys control is up all the mobs are now focused on the 2nd controller and all he does is kite them all around with the odd slow(frost) trap then the 1st pally can break the eggs :)

Razor then focuses on the person who breask the last egg - unlimited hate :)

Comment

That was our original strat, Matthius, several months ago. We changed it mostly because the problems we were having wouldn't be fixed by doing that... it wouldn't do any good to get the aggro onto one kiter if you couldn't even finish that phase.

Once the kiting problems were solved, then it became totally unnecessary to do a controller transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthius View Post
                            I was gonna say - thats some huge dps.
                            I thought KWSN had dps - god :0
                            Imminent has very few DPS issues, most things are dead before I can even get one stun off. I don't even need to heal often, I just kinda stand around for a few minutes while we make fun of people on teamspeak.

Comment

ohhhh - can i join :)

I'm 1337 enough - rawr /flex

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed