2nd Annual Guild Christmas Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Guild Christmas Party

We will be having a Christmas party for those of you who aren't out of town for the holidays. The party will begin at 8pm server time on Friday, December 22nd. Bring your own eggnog, and we'll bring the festivities! (and the booze, to slip into your eggnog when you aren't looking)

There will be two general events to participate in, although not simultaneously. We will be doing a White Elephant exchange. Zedd will follow this post up with an explanation of what the heck this is. It's gonna be fun, though! 35g is the cap on what you should spend on your gift.

Secondly, we will be having a long overdue contest! I will be keeping the details of the event private until the night of the party, but I will tell you this much- it involves gnomes, target practice and ... well, I'll stop there.

Prizes will be awarded to.. well, I can't tell you what for yet, but you'll like it. Trust me.

Don't forget to let me know either in game or through a private message if you plan to attend. Merry Christmas to you all!
    Last edited by luna; 12-18-2006, 11:41 PM.

Re: 2nd Annual Guild Christmas Party

Ok for those who don't know what White Elephant is:
    * Everyone brings 1 wrapped gift
    * All the gifts go into one big pile (hosts bags)
    * Everyone rolls to see what the order is
    * The gifts should be something comical or useful
    * Gift price limit is 35 gold (doesn't mean you HAVE to spend 35g)

Ok here's where the fun starts.
    Player 1: Chooses 1 of the gifts (Like say, Player 1 chooses Lunatg's gift, we will go by name since the wrapping paper marks it) and unwraps it. Everyone ooohs, ahhhs, and laughs.
    Player 2: Can do 1 of two things. A. Steal player 1's gift and have Player 1 repick, or B. pick an unopened gift.
    Player 3: Gets the same choices but can grab from either Player 1 or 2.
    Player 4: Gets the same choices but can grab from either Player 1, 2 or 3.
    Etc, Etc, Etc. until everyone has a gift.

Once a gift is "stolen" a 2nd time, it CANNOT be taken again. So after the 2nd grab, that person has is permanently.

If you guys still have questions just let me know.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

wish i could be there but i will be at work. i will pop on afterwards (about 1030 server) to see how it went.

Happy Holidays
      FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Happy Holidays, Delg!

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Comment

OK, I will be there, but where is there???

-D-

Comment

Oh, you know.

Or not.

I'll tell you guys tonight, when everyone signs on. :)

Comment

Very fun guys :) I throughly enjoyed myself... even the 31.72 deaths :) I shall cherish my Simease cat that gaze gave to me forever :)

-Sirusblk

Comment

Aside from the 27g repair bill (stupid bags full of gear with 2 spirit rez) it was a blast.

Everyone laugh at Halten for his abyssmal luck at the white elephant gift exchange.

[item]Brain Hacker[/item] -> [item]Darkrune Helm[/item] -> [item]Mining Pick[/item] with Fiery Enchant.

Congrats Dreadd for wining the 'dart' contest. Even if Luna actually skipped down the mountain side. I was watching you with my pet you know. ;)
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                  Aside from the 27g repair bill (stupid bags full of gear with 2 spirit rez) it was a blast.

Everyone laugh at Halten for his abyssmal luck at the white elephant gift exchange.

[item]Brain Hacker[/item] -> [item]Darkrune Helm[/item] -> [item]Mining Pick[/item] with Fiery Enchant.

Congrats Dreadd for wining the 'dart' contest. Even if Luna actually skipped down the mountain side. I was watching you with my pet you know. ;)
                  Die.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                  BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                  TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Originally posted by Halten View Post
                    Die.
                    Pft...I did. Twice. That's where the 27g repair bill came from. Sheesh, pay attention.
                    My sanity is not in question...
                    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I would have loved to been there, but working 2nd shift till tonight. You all have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
                      "As Above, So Below"

Comment

how did the party go? i was unable to attend due to RL commitments... but, how was it?