Regards to Yesterday: Hellsing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regards to Yesterday: Hellsing

Not exactly WoW, but someone was asking about it yesterday and it just popped into my mind today so I did a little digging.

Hellsing the TV series ran from 10/11/01 to 01/17/02 and had 13 episodes, 2 specials, and 1 promotional short clip.

Hellsing Ultimate is an OVA compilation of those 13 episodes into only 3 45-50 minute shows. The first was released 02/10/06, the second 08/25/06, and the third will be released 02/09/07.

Hope that helps you find what you're looking for. Hell, I can't even remember who was asking anymore.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Regards to Yesterday: Hellsing

The 13 episode TV series suffered from very inconsistant animation quality (low budget/production constraints). It had nice catchy opening and closing themes. A fun show in its over the top campy way if you can overlook the quality of the animation.

I've only seen the first episode of the OVA so far. I found it an interesting contrast to the TV series. It had very much the same look & feel but I actually perfer the TV version's opening and closing themes. It's hard to judge what kind of production quality something will have only having seen 1 episode but after viewing the first I'd say it's not going to be too much higher than the TV series was. More consistant in its production values probably but not a whole lot better.

P.S. The TV series and the first OVA are available in R1 DVD format from places like NetFlix.
    --
    Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Personally I'd use the AniDB links to the fan subber groups and preview anime there before I buy it. Some groups are very good about combining japanese audio, japanese video, american audio, and american video in their viewable formats. This means with a splitter you can switch between any combination of the two styles that you perfer. As anyone who is familar with the horror that is 4kids and One Piece knows, there are times the released DVD just doesn't match up to the quality found in the untouched Japanese versions. Silly self rightous prudes.

Of course, that's not to encourage people into stealing released anime. But if you should happen to 'find' it and watch it...well...you can buy it if you like it later.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

You don't have to tell me about fansubers. Some of their work is better than the factory stuff. Subbing signs, adding cultural notes, not censoring, etc.

Been a fansub downloader for years. Which is how I've seen Hellsing.

Some folks might be overwhelmed by all the ins and outs of how to find, dl, and watch (all the different containers and codecs used) anime fansubs so I mentioned it's out on R1 DVD. Not to mention sorting out which sub groups are good and which suck.

Paying for premium usenet access if you get serious (since most ISP's provide pretty lame usenet access these days) and so on...

Ugh! It's late and I notice I'm incoherent... time for bed. ;)
        --
        Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the links, im the one that asked for em. I download Ova 1 and 2, however, for some reason the music is 3x louder than the voice o_O

Anyway, thanks. I noticed it's A LOT different than the others. Much more adult oriented.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X