Guild Meeting: Wednesday Night, 8pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Meeting: Wednesday Night, 8pm

We will be having a town hall meeting (open discussion, question and answer session) regarding TG and The Burning Crusade that we would like all of you to attend. We will talk about the direction of the guild, and many other important issues related to the release of the expansion. Please try to attend- your opinions are needed!

Re: Guild Meeting: Wednesday Night, 8pm

If you all bring up transfering guild to Ravencrest, I am all for it. I would like to start on a fresh server. Meet some new people from the other servers that are allowed to transfer there as well. I will keep Lepmesiah on TH, but if guild decides to transfer to new server, I am there. I already transfered my two alts there.

I will not be able to attend tomorrow's meeting due to work. I realize some have friends on TH including myself, but I like the idea of starting on a fresh server. There will be a freeze on character creation for while, so that may bode well for questing out of the gate on RC. I guess character creation is only froze while people are using the free transfer, once closed. You can create new characters.
    Last edited by Lepmesiah; 01-10-2007, 03:05 AM.
    "As Above, So Below"

Comment

We did talk about the possibility of a server transfer last night amongst officers. We came to the conclusion that due to the large size of the guild and Blizzards short notice, a server transfer at this time seems highly unlikely. That doesn't rule out the possiblity that we couldn't or wouldn't in the future, if given a proper amount of time to prepare and give notice to everyone.
      I don't suffer from insanity,
      I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vondoom View Post
        We did talk about the possibility of a server transfer last night amongst officers. We came to the conclusion that due to the large size of the guild and Blizzards short notice, a server transfer at this time seems highly unlikely. That doesn't rule out the possiblity that we couldn't or wouldn't in the future, if given a proper amount of time to prepare and give notice to everyone.
        As a solution for what? What is the guild needing in order to consider an idea of transferring to another server?

Thanks,
        LA
        Last edited by LadyAbyss; 01-10-2007, 03:36 PM. Reason: poor grammer

Comment

LA, the main thing is that we have some 150 accounts in the guild, not all of which log on consistantly, but as a guild we would want to move everyone and not leave people behind.

The 2 day notice on this move was just too short of a period for us to ensure everyone knew what was happening and could react. In order for the entire guild to do this, we would all basically have to do it at the exact same time, so it would take an organized reaction, which we cannot undertake without a much greater notice.

If we really want to do this, if it were offered again in the future, we should make the plans now, so that should the opportunity present itself, we could take it right off the bat, simply by posting it in the forums and saying "ITS HERE!" :)
          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Hi Sajier,

I understand that it would be difficult to move everyone so it wouldnt be a good idea on a moments notice but I just dont get why we would want to? Thunderhorn getting too crowded?

No biggie. I just havent heard what the problem is to understand why we would consider moving to another server.

Thanks,
            LA
            Last edited by LadyAbyss; 01-10-2007, 04:06 PM. Reason: bad english

Comment

Oh, that portion of it :)

Thunderhorn, is not only massively overcrowded (400+person queues on nights), but is older hardware.

Moving to a new server would lighten the load on queues, but also would give us newer hardware to run on.

In addition, the only reason it was discussed, was because it was a free move offered by Blizzard, we wouldn't consider doing it otherwise.

| | |

Comment

They will explain that at the meeting tonight if your on then..
                Candrice 63 Warrior
                Ricca 70 Rogue
                Machelle 70 Mage
                Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                  Oh, that portion of it :)

Thunderhorn, is not only massively overcrowded (400+person queues on nights), but is older hardware.

Moving to a new server would lighten the load on queues, but also would give us newer hardware to run on.

In addition, the only reason it was discussed, was because it was a free move offered by Blizzard, we wouldn't consider doing it otherwise.
                  Gotcha! :)

Thanks,
                  LA

Comment

The other advantage to moving servers would getting into a new battlegroup. That would (hopefully) put us on more balanced faction levels, and reduce Queue times. But that's not a guarantee, and not a reason for many people. I know i'd love to not have to wait 15 minutes every time i want a battleground though.

Comment

A new server, in a nutshell, would provide us with brand new hardware to play with, particularly with the expansion on the horizon. A fresh start for a fresh expansion. Also, it would provide us with new blood for recruitment purposes, new alliances, and such.

Mind you, it's the fact that the transfer would be free that made us even talk about it in the first place. We will not be making this move, though. As Sajier said, there are far too many people to inform on much too short of notice, and we sure don't want to leave anyone behind.

As such, we're on Thunderhorn for the forseeable future. Blizzard is now testing the idea of splitting overcrowded servers, so eventually it is highly likely that Thunderhorn will be split into two separate realms. If and when that occurs, we WILL need to make a decision on which "half" of Thunderhorn to call home. I don't see that split coming all that soon, though. So, no worries. All is well, and nothing is changing. :)

Comment

The economy on new servers starts really nice also. AH prices are dirt cheap for a while.
                        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Any chance of a written recap for those who couldn't attend?

Comment

Ok, I am going to try to Summarize, but realize I will not get everything and people will add to what I miss (PLEASE!) :).

TBC presents an unknown
                            Because we don't know how everything is going to play out, we really can't lay out a clear "This is what we are going to do and how we are going to do it" path for everyone. What we know we are documenting in the forums (check the new set of stickies in the Tactics forum for ease of location).

We will be headed for Raiding at level 70
                            As a guild, we will be raiding once we hit level 70 and can get people through the progression. There is a great deal of work to do, even once you get to 70 in 5 mans, quest lines and Heroic modes. Obviously we will be trying to put together groups to get people through this as they get to it. Once we have enough, we will be looking to move through the raid content.

The 25 man limit creates both positive and negative effects
                            The 25 man limit means that we will more easily be able to be involved in raids, don't have to get 40 people to do things anymore. In addition, it should provide a more consistant group, which will make Need before Greed a valid option instead of DKP.

However, the 25 man limit means that on nights where we might have 35 people who want to raid, we won't be able to get everyone into a single raid. We might have to run a 25 man and a 10 man (Kharazan). Another option is possible guild growth to be able to field 2 25 mans.

Again, we aren't going to be pushing this now (growth etc) because we don't know who will be coming back for the expansion, or how things will play out. This will be an adjustment we will have to see once we start getting people to 70.

40 man's will be for nostalgia and reunions, not regularly scheduled
                            40 man's aren't going to be something we are pushing. A lot of us still want to see that content, but it will not be a primary goal, mostly due to the fact that most people will be leveling and working on that progression. We may still schedule things, and see if people are interested, namely BWL, maybe AQ40 or Naxx, but highly doubtful we will go to MC again with any regularity. The gear you will get off early quests and instances in TBC is MC quality, really isn't a reason to go back there.

We will try to help arrange groups, but this partly falls on everyone to help out your guildmates
                            Officers can't' be responsible for finding everyone groups and making sure you get through your progression work if you want to raid, this responsibility falls on you. However, we will watch for people looking for groups and try to play matchmaker to get people help to do things. This is also a great opportunity to meet people outside the guild and maybe even find some future guildmates.

We will not be doing the server move.
                            We will not be transferring because we don't have enough time to get all 150+ accounts in the guild notified of it before it will time out. In addition there are a lot of people who have friends on Thunderhorn that they wouldn't want to leave. In the future, we might be seeing a server split for Thunderhorn, and if that happens we will have to make a decision and go from there.

There is a great deal of information to help lay the roadmap to 70 and raiding in the Tactics forum
                            I have been putting a ton of info up on the Tactics forum, but the most important one for people wanting to raid with us in the future is this. As I find new information I will continue to update this to try to make it easier for people.

I know I am forgetting stuff, so feel free to add to this.

| | |

Comment

Thank you Saijer :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed