No announcement yet.

Where and when are u going to get TBC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and when are u going to get TBC?

Just curious if any of you are going out at midnight tonight to some store to get your copy.

I've called my local WalMart to see if they plan on having it on the store shelves at midnight tonight and both people I talked to said they don't know when it's going to be put out. There's a Best Buy across town that says they are going to be releasing it at midnight sharp but it's the only Best Buy in this city of several million that is doing that and I don't plan on waiting in line with half a million people waiting on it. Ahh, decisions, decisions.

Re: Where and when are u going to get TBC?

The walmart employee i talked to was the electronic manager she said it would be released and out at 12.00 am sharp..
    Candrice 63 Warrior
    Ricca 70 Rogue
    Machelle 70 Mage
    Enya 74 Druid

Comment

I finally got smart and followed a link from Blizzard's site to EB games...I found a listing for a store closeby and talked to an employee who said if I came by right now I could still reserve a copy and pick it up at midnight. I'm psyched...just got back from reserving TBC and will be able to pick it up tonight. :)

Comment

We reserved our copy back in either Oct or Nov at Gamestop and hubby will be waiting in line for me at midnight :D

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I got a notice that mine was sent out by mail on 01/11/07. I was wondering what they were shipping from New York. -.-
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

waited for an hour in 10 degree weather with the cities biggest bunch of geeks. ....got mine
            "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I sent Ranulph out for ours :) (he loves me!). his was paid for, mine we only put a deposit..so he waited in the line of hte masses and was home at a respectable 12:30....what a guy :D
              If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is X; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -Albert Einstein

Comment

OK, I geeked out. :row__631:

Only place open near me was Wal*the Microsoft of retail*mart. I got there 20-30 min before midnight and was quite surprised to find 30-40 other geeks waiting for release as well. ;)

Got my copy, got home, backed up WTF/WDB/Interface then installed. It took a number of tries to get into the Account server which was already choking a bit but it finally worked and I was able to log in, patch twice (2.0.3 & a new version of 2.0.5), and jump into the game.

P.S. The poor baffled folks at Walmart had no clue about the release.
                --
                Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

I had 2 collectors editions reserved at our Local Gamestop. I went up there at 11:40 and there were already 40 people inside, we all paid and got out tickets. Then at 12, we walked up to the counter and they just passed them out.

Was smooth and painless and I left with happiness in my hands :)
                  Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                    Then at 12, we walked up to the counter and they just passed them out.

Was smooth and painless and I left with happiness in my hands :)
                    Same for the hubby and I, installed and in game by 1:00 AM. I've even managed to pick up 3 desperately needed pieces of new armor!

Comment

Hubby had to ninja a copy for himself from wal-mart. The greeter said no one could go towards the back of the store b/c there was a blackout (a likely story!) but that if he was only grabbing one thing to go ahead. He goes up to the display case and grabs a copy and as he is bobbing and weaving to get out a sales associate saw him "What are you doin! You're not supposed to be back here!" (hubby) "I was only gettin this game, that's ok isn't it?" (csr) "You already got it so go ahead."

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I had the same experience Saj.. simply quick and painless..

Then proceeded to play till 3am.. man I am dragging at work today!!

btw Saj... like my new avatar :-)

Comment

Wow.....I just scored me a copy of the collector's edition from gamestop near my work can't wait to get home to install it. :D On another note, I guess I have to return the regular I bought from bestbuy 10 minutes before I bought the collector's one. Online shopping and pick up at the store option FTW. Well, not so much in this case, but I bought my copy just in case. :p
                          "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

We had retards at my Gamestop, both inside and outside the door. Apparently there were fools that showed up at like 9pm, but they didnt bother to form a line. SOO, at 1130pm the store clerk asked us to form a line. Of course, early-comers got cut since the line formed instantaneously. Lucky for me, I was one of the cutters since I was already basically in the newly formed line (and had just showed up). They had over 200 pre-payers and probably about 100+ in the line who showed up.
                            Not to mention, there were only 3 clerks in the store, one of which was just there to open and close the door (lock and unlock... how silly). Only 4 people were allowed in at a time and it didnt matter if u paid completely already or not. They only let 4 people in AFTER all 4 prior had paid and left, leaving 50% of the clerks standing around doing nothing for a large part of the time.
                            The game boxes were locked away inside the drawers, so they had to manually get them out every time someone bought a copy.
                            The computer was slow and people were too dumb to simply hand the clerk their ID so they didnt have to stand there asking how to spell their names.
                            After about 30 mins of stupidity after midnite, they finally got smart and stacked the game boxes and started allowing people in as they paid.. instead of 4 at a time. I also nicely mentioned that the crowd should have their IDs ready.
                            Bear in mind I told the clerk at 8pm to make sure they served the people who'd COMPLETELY paid first so things went smoother; she agreed. Of course, this didnt happen at midnite and we got mixed with the $5 reserve copy people. Meaning we had to wait for people to pay, etc.
                            As for the people in the line... they were mostly cliche' dorks.. cut and dry. A few of which should not have even been ALLOWED to buy WoW because it would further a life-threatening obesity condition. As well, the organizational intelligence seemed to have oozed away well before midnite. There was of course the usual "loud guy" who spent the entire evening launching witty raid anectdotes and flexing his Battleground techniques.
                            Overall, a crappy launch and completely worse then the Wii launch which was an absolute delight. Why dont people have common sense in America anymore? And why did Blizzard not brief their distributors like Nintendo/Target/WalMart did for Wii and PS3?

Why oh why did I have to physically drive somewhere to basically get a CD key? the whole thing stinks of merchandising to me and if you check the really cutting edge Devs out there right now they dont do launches like this, let alone measley expansions. You at least are given the OPTION of DLing, OR you pre-download and just buy a key. Steam and D2D are the future... all else is retarded, even for buying new releases.

As for the server opening... twas smooth as silk, which really surprised me.

(rant ended)
                            anyways, that's the last time I do any launch at Gamestop...

Comment

My gamestop rocked. I talked to Sethanon from 11:30 to midnight, in the meantime, they made sure everybody there was all paid up, formed a line, and handed them out in groups of 3 to the counter. I was in my car by 12:03 and installed on my new Dranai toon (to make sure the name was available) by 12:30. (Jandreyn's wasn't finished installing until 12:45).
                              Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X