Tales from the Battlefront: Standing in line for the Burning Crusade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Battlefront: Standing in line for the Burning Crusade

I know some of you junkies ran out at midnight to purchase your copies of the Burning Crusade. There MUST be some great stories of what you experienced out there in the bitter cold, waiting to get your hands on your crack- er- I mean, game.

Share your stories with us! I know a few of you have some great ones to tell us about.

Re: Tales from the Battlefront: Standing in line for the Burning Crusade

We already did, in the other thread! :)
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Actually, I was hoping to make a front page post about this with all of your input in here..... :)

Comment

you want us to talk about seeing all the pastey white people that look like they just crawled out of their parents basements ("mom more hotpockets") or tell stories of seeing people dressed as a night elf?

Comment

Ok - here's mine:

I rolled in about 11:45 to the local game store. There weren't that many people but I have to say I felt a little out of place -- kinda like going to see Rocky Horror on Halloween and realizing that you're the only one wearing normal store bought clothing. One dude had a crappy Mage/Warlock wannabe costume on consisting of basically a hood and some face paint. Of course there were a few other basement-dwellers including one guy who was carrying around a bag of Cheetos while waiting outside the store for the employees to open. So I'm kinda keeping my distance from everyone. People got really excited when it hit 12 and the line forms up and people get into the store. Well, in front of me is this lady and her fat kid. Now here it is, a school night, and this kid is acting like an idiot - bouncing around, pulling his mom's purse out of her hand, talking too loud, etc. So they get to the front of the line and the guy behind the counter asks for their name. But he has this kind of irritated look on his face, specifically for these two (he hadn't looked that way until now). He asks for the mother's name and then he looks it up and gets her copy. Transaction is finished and as the mom walks away the kid starts bitching about wanting a strategy guide and that he didn't get the collectors edition. Well, the mom pulls him outside and I get to the front. I make some off-hand comment about letting the kid stay up this late on a school night and the guy behind the counter says to me "Yea that kid has been up here every other day for the last 6 months bugging them about the expansion. He keeps coming in blabbing about how 'UBER' his character is and how nobody can play WoW as well as him. He even told me to log on to the Thunderhorn server and look him up -- his character's name is Gaviin". True Story.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

pwnd.

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
            Ok - here's mine:

I rolled in about 11:45 to the local game store. There weren't that many people but I have to say I felt a little out of place -- kinda like going to see Rocky Horror on Halloween and realizing that you're the only one wearing normal store bought clothing. One dude had a crappy Mage/Warlock wannabe costume on consisting of basically a hood and some face paint. Of course there were a few other basement-dwellers including one guy who was carrying around a bag of Cheetos while waiting outside the store for the employees to open. So I'm kinda keeping my distance from everyone. People got really excited when it hit 12 and the line forms up and people get into the store. Well, in front of me is this lady and her fat kid. Now here it is, a school night, and this kid is acting like an idiot - bouncing around, pulling his mom's purse out of her hand, talking too loud, etc. So they get to the front of the line and the guy behind the counter asks for their name. But he has this kind of irritated look on his face, specifically for these two (he hadn't looked that way until now). He asks for the mother's name and then he looks it up and gets her copy. Transaction is finished and as the mom walks away the kid starts bitching about wanting a strategy guide and that he didn't get the collectors edition. Well, the mom pulls him outside and I get to the front. I make some off-hand comment about letting the kid stay up this late on a school night and the guy behind the counter says to me "Yea that kid has been up here every other day for the last 6 months bugging them about the expansion. He keeps coming in blabbing about how 'UBER' his character is and how nobody can play WoW as well as him. He even told me to log on to the Thunderhorn server and look him up -- his character's name is Gaviin". True Story.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

thats funny
              QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
              Nice remark guys.

Comment

Hahaha....wait a sec...yup I just peeeed myself....too funny!!!!
                Lub it on!!!

Comment

Ha!!!! Always giving crap the ninja.

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

Pistos, that was awesome! Hahahahaha

Comment

*wipes the tears from his eyes... and the spilt coffee up*

That was funny. ;)
                        --
                        Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

My story isn't anywhere near as great as Pistos'

I got to the store at about 11:30. It was on my way home, so i couldn't see any point in going home then coming back. Because it's Winter here in Winnipeg, the store had already opened, and there were people inside already. I'd say there were about 25 people in there when i went in... my count might be off by a little because the second i walked through the doorway i get smacked in the face with the broadside of a large styrofoam Axe. (It later turned out to be an Arcanite Reaper.) The dude who hit me (wearing a totally cheap looking warrior outfit) apologized profusely while i checked to see if he'd broken my nose, and said (I kid you not) "I told Jello that we shouldn't fight by the door... but she said that since she's a caster, She's NOT fighting by the door, and well, there are all of these people here, so i couldn't get close enough to her".

This is when i realize that this guy is an EMPLOYEE.

Jello, who's been my favourite EB employee since she remembers my name, (even though i don't spend all that much time at EB) was dressed as a warlock. "I didn't have time to make Nemesis!" She said, "So i found something with lots of cleavage!" Good plan Jello.

Anyways, I ended up about halfway through the line, stuck between two brothers who both claimed that their wives were just as anxious for the game as they were. ("That's nice that you're wives play", I say And they tell me "Of course they play, that's how we met them, we got married in EverQuest ages ago!" I never asked if they'd tied the Knot IRL.) On my other side was a 15 year old boy who kept asking me what kind of gear my main had, and his 14 year old brother who stopped talking to me as soon as he found out i played Alliance.

At some point in time, EB decided to split the line up into two groups, Alliance and Horde, and that made me happy, cause i was 3rd in line for alliance, And i managed to get me some posters and my game before the snotty 14 year old who decided that my value as a person was less than zero because i refused to play a character that was green or blue or horned. All in all, a good night, and one that i plan on repeating 10 years down the road when the next Expansion comes out.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

ten years? ill find a quote from a bliz employee that said a yearly to every other year.. expansion .. indefinitly untill nobody plays