Aldor or Scryers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldor or Scryers

I've been going back and forth on this since Sajier's initial post in Tactics. There are obviously great tailoring patterns and enchanting recipes available from both groups. I was hoping to hear which factions others were taking and some of the reasons why. I'm looking through the items from each side's vendors as well but I'm pretty sure that the listings I have are wrong from what I remember seeing last night.

Anyway, if some of you (especially you enchanters and tailors) have decided - post which way you went. It would be nice to have multiple people in guild that can make the items from each faction.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Re: Aldor or Scryers

I am going Aldor. I want the tailoring +healing enchant to legs.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

As a neglected miner/engineer (however Azeroth is now my personal goldmine) it's tougher for me to decide as it's purely on gear. That being the case, I went for Aldor as a DPS mage.

Now, for long term great loot items Scryers may be better for their neck and ring pieces. The main draw for Aldor is their staff and chestpiece, both of which I think get replaced by better items if I'm not mistaken. So to take advantage it'd be wise to jump into the rep grind fairly quickly as you only need honored and revered to get those.

As usual, it only really benefits to grind if we've got a DKP system, otherwise people will defer to waiting until large end-game raids to get all their stuff. I need to start studying the loot tables to figure all this out before I start grinding my life away.

Comment

As a leatherworking hunter the decision took me a bit but I decided on Aldor after looking over what each side had.

The shoulder enchants a hunter would want from either seem to blance out (little more crit than ap with Scryers and ap than crit with Aldor).

The Aldor offer a ring a hunter would want and a hunter usable sword while the Scryers only had a dagger as far as I could see.

Patterns for leatherworking are a choice between FR gear and a +def armor kit from Aldor or AR gear and a +mana regen armor kit from Scryers.

P.S. A small perk for Aldor is they have a back door out into Nagrand. Nice view. ;)

P.P.S. For an enchanter Scryers might be more convenient since they have an enchanting trainer 'in house' so to speak but I'm not really sure that's a bit deal.
        --
        Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

I went Scryer's. I liked the +dmg spellthread..and the shoulder enchant was superior. That, and I liked the scryer's backstory better, which made it all the easier.

Comment

Iliana went Aldor, Laudnum is going Scryers

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Ok, so let me document this a bit. Those who aren't listed are because I have no idea what your tradeskills are.

Aldor:
              Sajier - Tailor/Enchanter
              Kelilyse - Blacksmith/Armorsmith
              Lakme - Leatherworker
              Dewidkat - Alchemist
              Junebugg - Enchanter
              Iliana - Alchemist

Scryer:
              Deleo - Tailor
              Aeryck - Alchemist
              Pistos - Tailor/Enchanter
              Laudnum - Tailor/Enchanter
              Last edited by Sajier; 01-23-2007, 11:30 AM.

| | |

Comment

I took Pistos to the ebil Scryers - Tailor/Enchanter

EDIT: Will probably take Colte to the Aldor side, but just a gathering toon so it doesn't really matter much.
                Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Iliana is Alchemist
                  Laudnum Tailor/Enchanter

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Delg is still undecided but is flowerpicker/Newb Blacksmith
                    Hadad is Scryer for sweet DPS gear but is Engineer/miner (no help from faction)
                    FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Aldor Here

Hunter Mining/Engineering
                      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I probably should get around to working on the rep, but there's just so much else to do.

Can someone tell me if the shoulder enchants are locked to your specific class role or if you can pick a different one.

As a LWing Hunter I see the Magister Armor Kit (+3 mana/5 second) being more profitable then the Vindicator's Armor Kit (+8 defense rating).

If we're locked with shoulder enchants then the Aldor honored and exalted shoulders for hunters (+26 AP -> +30 AP and +10 Crit) trumps the Scryer versions (+13 crit rating -> +15 crit rating and +20 AP) simply because the honored version is more useful for the length of time you'll be using it. However, if we could pick from any shoulder enchant then the Scryers would have the advantage because the healer shoulder (+5 mana/ 5 second) is superior to the honored ranged damage dealer enchant.

When I eventually get around to it my priest (Mirra) will go with Aldor because the +healing tailoring gear mixes better with my build and play style.

Still up in the air with my hunter though. :(
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I went Scryer, im a Miner/JewelCrafter

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Talara went Aldor only for the shoulder enchants...nothing else of Aldor/Scryer pertained to me.

Comment

Aldor:
                              Sajier - Tailor/Enchanter
                              Kelilyse - Blacksmith/Armorsmith
                              Lakme - Leatherworker
                              Dewidkat - Alchemist
                              Junebugg - Enchanter
                              Iliana - Alchemist

Scryer:
                              Deleo - Tailor
                              Aeryck - Alchemist
                              Pistos - Tailor/Enchanter
                              Laudnum - Tailor/Enchanter
                              Hadad – Engineer
                              Mord – JC

| | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X