Honor Hold Favor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor Hold Favor

Ok guys... I just realized the "sleeping giant" in Hellfire Peninsula. Warrant Officer Tracy Proudwell (honor hold) with the dog "Fei Fei" collects marks of honor for pvp tower control in the zone, etc.. If you give her 5 of these you can get an Honor Hold Favor.

It basically gives you a honking 25% rep increase and 5% xp increase for every monster in HP and HC. That's a crapload and can seriously increase the speed of rep/xp grind. Especially if it stacks with rest-xp.

So, if you plan on working on honor anyways... best focus on this item till you get where you wanna be. Best to start now while you're low enough level to even be in the area. Obviously, when you're done with the zone it wont pay off.

Definitely plan on grabbin this thing before you pwn HC though.

btw: you get 3 marks for capturing the overlook, stadium, and broken hill. So 2 runs will do it. 5 runs gets you 3 favors.

edit: it's 12 mins to capture by yourself.. so obviously a group is preferred. Dont count on the Horde allowing a zergfest, although the way the pvp quest is setup it promotes such things.
    Last edited by Gambit7; 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM.

Re: Honor Hold Favor

Less a sleeping giant and more a whimper in the dark. The only mobs that give HH rep where you can use the favor would be in the citadel and as we've seen with AQ20 and the CC rep buff, it helps but its not game breaking.

You also forgot to mention its a one use 30 minute buff that fades when you die.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
      Less a sleeping giant and more a whimper in the dark. The only mobs that give HH rep where you can use the favor would be in the citadel and as we've seen with AQ20 and the CC rep buff, it helps but its not game breaking.

You also forgot to mention its a one use 30 minute buff that fades when you die.
      It's designed as a "45 min baron" type buff for the Ramparts. A good Ramparts group can fly through there in close to 30 mins IMO. And dont forget you get rep and xp for turning in the pvp quests to begin with, so if you're a rep grinder this is really the way to go for HH rep.

And once the buff wears off, obviously u can just pop another one.

Ideally, a group of 5 would run 5 pvp quests for 3 honor favors and go from there.

Between the rep, the xp, and the vendorable loot it seems not a bad grind. I doubt anyone will really want to do it until 70 though.

Comment

Yeah...but you stop getting rep from the Ramparts and Blood Furnace once you hit honored. Before that the quests will take you pretty damn close to honored as well and push you over the top and right now EVERYONE does the quests.

I might see it working if the minute you step on HFP you hit the Ramparts to do a rep grind, but then you won't have the marks to get the HHF in the first place. You could then use the quests to try and push you from honored to revered, but I think they planned it well enough that its impossible to hit revered before level 70 so the heroic key (you buy it at revered) is inaccessable till then.

The buff also does not work on quest rep just like all other rep increaseing buffs except the human diplomacy racial.

I guess the only time we'll see much use out of these is when we start doing the Shattered Halls at level 68-70 for the rep and, as a smaller bonus, the XP. The 30 minute buff and dispellable by death is still a bummer though.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

hh rep doesnt get u anythign worthy... woot discount on veondor items... woot =P