Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Character XFER!!!

LoL

Welp, Blizz finally grew some neurons and is now offering free character transfer from specific realms they cheaped out on hardware for. And yup, you guessed it... T-Horn is on the list.

So I guess now we need to ask ourselves if it'd be wise for TG to leave this server. I think it's worth investigating. After all, it's free.

I will tell you I had a MUCH better time on a lower populated server when WoW released and the guild we formed ended up moving as well (way back in the day). You tend to grow closer to everyone since you're more spread out. People seemed to be a bit nicer too, less stressed, and more helpful. Leveling is MUCH quicker since you're not fighting for spawn camps and bad lag. PvP raids on PvE servers are easier because of less population... i.e. raiding thrallmar, etc.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I know a LOT of people in TG have about had it with T-horn. We've also lost members due to the server issues. I myself am indifferent. But IMO until large end-game raiding comes back into flavor it's really not all that advantageous sticking around on a gimped server unless you have serious friendships outside of the guild.

I hope I dont incite anything with this post as I didnt see one up about it before and I've been away for a week or so. I guess they offered this on the 12th but it obviously had an unrealistic time limit.

This is just a thought experiment.
    What say you?
    Last edited by Gambit7; 01-17-2007, 03:16 PM.

Re: FREE Character XFER!!!

Ok, here's the forum link:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...65019653&sid=1

I guess basically we have until this friday to decide and the realm that's open seems to be Zangarmarsh, which is a brand new realm. 4 realms total are slated to move there, t-horn included.

Details seem a bit fuzzy overall, but I basically found out via the in-game newsflash.

Comment

I am on Ravencrest, no lag and not many people. Not sure if Ravencrest is still open to TH or not, but is a CST server. It would be great if you all decided to head this way, so I could be back home. =)
      "As Above, So Below"

Comment

Well I personally am staying put. Its not just that I have other friends here, but I recognize guilds & people I haven't even met personally. I was originally on a PvP server (on a different cluster) and moving to Thunderhorn taught me two things. #1: All the servers are about the same (tech-wise). Some are more crowded, but honestly the supposed "outdated" hardware that T-horn has seems to feel the same as the newer ones. And #2: You don't realize how many people you know until they're gone. When I first moved to this server I felt totally isolated. Took many months before I started to learn the community here.

Only 1 of my toons is on the 6-month cooldown, so I could still transfer my rogue if I wanted. Just tossing my 2 cents out there. Major patches aside, I've seen little in the way of server crashing or instability here. Loot lag and high latency you can get anywhere from their weak dbase bottlenecks. The only real complaint I have is the queues... and honestly, how long is any low-pop server going to stay low-pop (especially with all the new players the expansion brings/brings back)?

I'm not trying to be a pain, but you asked for feedback. I hear so many people get all excited about the prospect of leaving this crummy ol' server behind... but remember, the grass isn't always greener. And you may lose more than you realize. I personally don't regret my move... but thats cause I was tired of getting ganked while questing. :p I'm hoping enough *other* people leave that it stabilizes us out. Of course if they don't and we get split... well we're all hosed lol.

Comment

IMO after awhile it's going to be same crap diff. server. I have many friends on this server and have recently gotten a good friend of mine to give WoW a try. I' not about to just up and split while leaving them high and dry. If TG decides to move then so be it, I'll make an alt over there or something but the 60 chars I have will be staying put right where they are.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I will go wherever the guild decides to go.. but I dont want to take the chance of many of us losing some of the contacts that we have outside of the guild.. IMO we should stay put.. I have confidence that Blizz will fix things one way or another. It might be a PITA for awhile but I am really thinking it wont be worth all the issues of moving.

Comment

I have already more or less moved. I've decided to begin a new Horde existence on Spirestone (PvP) due mainly to the PvP queues on Alliance side. I can only stare mindlessly at nothing in IF for so long. I also wanted to experience a more challenging game play environment. It always felt a bit weird to pass a horde on Thunderhorn and not be able to splatter them at will. Although I am the one being splattered at the moment, I am finding new respect for high level players patrolling lower level areas for the sole purpose of defending members of their own faction.

Thaisia will be staying put as well. I really hope a lot of alliance jump to Horde, to help balance the faction problem. If they do, I'll be back full time. If not, then you can say I've been consumed by the dark side! Muhhahahahah!

Comment

Originally posted by Thaisia View Post
                I have already more or less moved. I've decided to begin a new Horde existence on Spirestone (PvP) due mainly to the PvP queues on Alliance side. I can only stare mindlessly at nothing in IF for so long. I also wanted to experience a more challenging game play environment. It always felt a bit weird to pass a horde on Thunderhorn and not be able to splatter them at will. Although I am the one being splattered at the moment, I am finding new respect for high level players patrolling lower level areas for the sole purpose of defending members of their own faction.

Thaisia will be staying put as well. I really hope a lot of alliance jump to Horde, to help balance the faction problem. If they do, I'll be back full time. If not, then you can say I've been consumed by the dark side! Muhhahahahah!
                Danggg it .. I was asking Ili what was up with ya.. I didnt see you on much anymore and when you were.. it was usually only for a few minutes.. I was really looking forward to doing some BC content with ya..

Well my friend.. know that you are missed!!

Comment

I have to admit it is very tempting for me. Especially when it comes to later raids. Unless something changes I am really just a late alternate when it comes to TG raids simply because I cannot start at the the times scheduled. So what this does for me is shifts the timezone by an hour since its a mountain server so I have a better chance of actually being at the start of a raid.

I havent decided yet.

Thanks,
                  LA

Comment

Originally posted by LadyAbyss View Post
                    I have to admit it is very tempting for me. Especially when it comes to later raids. Unless something changes I am really just a late alternate when it comes to TG raids simply because I cannot start at the the times scheduled. So what this does for me is shifts the timezone by an hour since its a mountain server so I have a better chance of actually being at the start of a raid.

I havent decided yet.

Thanks,
                    LA
                    Raid times dont matter since.. well, there are none. And at most will be 25 man raids for a long time. :) I bet once these start poppin there will be an early raid and a later one.

Comment

I love this. Last year on Azjol-Nerub we had queues from 1200 to 1600, 2 to 3 hours wait. You couldn't do anything about it, no where to transfer, no splits. Now TH queues are 400 and they are literally threatening you on the login screen that if you don't move, they will split us.

How many people are they going to anger when they lose their friends, guilds, etc.? It doesn't come out to say you will be given a choice of where you are being split to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                        Raid times dont matter since.. well, there are none. And at most will be 25 man raids for a long time. :) I bet once these start poppin there will be an early raid and a later one.
                        Problem is I've seen 'later' raid times and most don't pan out simply because of lack of interest or we simply don't have many raid leaders to spread out over two raids in an evening.

To me chances are the status quo will be maintained once it starts rolling again and I'm back in as a late alternate.

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks,
                        LA

Comment

Lag and server issues I can live with. I will go where the guild goes. The only reason I lean slightly to moving is I have not got a lot of out of guild contacts and Queing to log into a server I have to pay to play on really pisses me off. I do realize that where ever we go eventually we will be back to being full and having que times but I could again but If it takes several months to a year for that to happen all the better.
                          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by LadyAbyss View Post
                            Problem is I've seen 'later' raid times and most don't pan out simply because of lack of interest or we simply don't have many raid leaders to spread out over two raids in an evening.

To me chances are the status quo will be maintained once it starts rolling again and I'm back in as a late alternate.

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks,
                            LA
                            Welp, smarter to stay here with us cool folk and worry about the end-game stuff when we get there. :)

Comment

The lag actually hasnt been too bad lately as long as you're away from honor hold. I attribute this to the player transfer "ultimatum" and some people have left the server. Also, as long as you stay ahead of the quest grind you'll be in areas that are relatively lag-free, until of course everyone gets to Shattrah... which will probably end up being the new lag-forge.

Regardless, I think today was the last day... if not today, then wednesday.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X