TG's EndGame Plans For The Burning Crusade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's EndGame Plans For The Burning Crusade

Lately, there have been some rumours flying around about a group of 'elite raiders' forming up for the expansion. This has led to a bunch of apprehension and worries. 'Am I going to be in this Elite group?' 'Why hasn't anybody talked to me?' are some of the questions that i've heard.

So, in an attempt to calm some jangling nerves, and to alleviate some fears, Here's the skinny on these Raid group Shenanigans, arranged in a wonderfully cliche Question and Answer Format.

Q: Does TG have any plans for end game in the expansion?
    A: Yes!

Q: Does it involve an exclusive group of players forming their own clique and ignoring the rest of the guild?
    A: No.

Q: So I can join up whenever i want?
    A: Yes... assuming you've put the work in to be able to raid.

Q: What do you mean?
    A: As many of you have been able to see from Sajiers posts in the Tactics and Strategies forums, (if you haven't, please go and take a look.) there's ALOT of work involved to be able to raid. You need to build up your rep with a handful of factions, you need to run alot of five man instances on normal mode, and then heroic mode, (and from what we've been hearing, Normal in this situation still means 'Pretty hard'... and Heroic means 'Only 30 wipes on Trash mobs... not a bad try tonight!').

What we're trying to do off the bat is to create a group that wants to raid, and is ready to raid. If you want to/ need to take a long time to level up, or you hate grinding rep, or you've lost an arm and are still trying to learn to play with your feet, That's ok. When you do get to the point where you can raid, we'll find a way to help you raid.

Q: So basically, If i bust my ass and get all of the rep and gear and hit 70 before everybody else, i've got a garaunteed slot in the raid group?
    A: If you put that kind of effort in, and are willing to put that kind of effort into our raiding, then yes, you're more than welcome to raid.

Q: And what if i take six months to hit 70, and then 3 months to get all the faction and gear that i'll need to be able to raid. Will I be able to raid then?
    A: That's 9 months down the road. But it's safe to say that you'll be able to raid with the raiders, as long as you understand that you won't be able to jump right into the hardest instance with us right away.

Q: Can you tell me more of the details? What if we have more than 25 people ready to raid? Who'll be leading the raids.

In order...
    If we have more than 25 people ready to raid, we'll working something out when we get there. Consistancy is going to be key to progression, so if we have 50 people rarin to raid, then we'll have two groups of equal stature. If we have less than 50, We're just going to have to work out a rotation. Don't freak out about that yet though, it's a burning bridge we don't need to cross until we get to it.

At the moment, nobody will be a set raid leader. If i have it my way, we won't need a set raid leader, people will know what to do, and when to do it.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: TG's EndGame Plans For The Burning Crusade

Thanks for posting this, Manny! I appreciate your efforts to look ahead and let everyone know that we have the support to see the new end game whenever we're ready for it.

I'm quite excited about this.

Comment

Considering 70% of the 'end game raid' requirements can be found with rep grinds all those dirty humans with their diplomacy get a nice head start on the rest of us. -.-
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
        Considering 70% of the 'end game raid' requirements can be found with rep grinds all those dirty humans with their diplomacy get a nice head start on the rest of us. -.-

Sometimes it's good to be the most Vanilla Race Ever.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Seriously. We have to tolerate the macarena and a bunch of corny jokes. Diplomacy is about all we have going for us.

Comment

Some of us get to be human... and not so vanilla..
            DARK EVIL LOCKS FTW!!! muahahahaha

Comment

Out of curiosity..... what is "end game" in the x-pac..... I'll admit i havent looked at anything, ads for the x-pac or even listened to gossip. So for someone living under a rock.... what raid activities are there to do? I thought it was all 20 man stuff.

Comment

sorta kinda... but.. picture all the pre-xpac instances... the end game ones are all 40 man.... those level of instances are shrunk down to 25 man cap.. theres about 5 of them so far, with more comming (im assuming), i dont like the whole cap-change.. but ill bite the bullet