Rise of the Shamans!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of the Shamans!

Ok so I didn't get very far with my Druid, I'll still have him around but I though I might as well play as a Shaman! :) So I created a Dranei Shaman, his name is Noros.

Anyone else make a shaman?
    -Sirusblk

Re: Rise of the Shamans!

I did!
    Shamanigans, Level 10 Dranei Shaman. Soon to be Enhancement Spec.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Yah I'm lvl 12 right now, I got Jewlcrafting and Mining :) I'm not sure what Spec I should do :(

-Sirusblk

Comment

Level 12 (Zenash) Resto Shammy

Comment

lvl 2 shaman.. name is.. um... kaliri
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

lvl 16 Resto (enhance skills first though) Shammy - Fridyed. I'm power-leveling him to finish asuremyst stuff so I have something to play when things crash.
            Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

lvl 20 Elemental Shaman ftw. named Tianora
              Thunderhorn:
              70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
              70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
              70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
              70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
              70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
              70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
              70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
              Gilneas:
              50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Lvl 3 Shammy named Aldreadd

Comment

Level 17 Shaman - "Beeper".
                  Last edited by beep; 01-26-2007, 12:26 PM.
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Just new Enlil - Shammy.. will be eventually miner/jewel crafter. but Delg and Hadad Have priority
                    FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Level 12 Shaman who's name escapes me at the moment. Hell, I use the random name generator so I can't remember it off hand.

Enhancement Shaman with JC and Mining.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'm level 13 right now, anyone have any suggestions as too a good talent investment? I mean it seems like other classes have a clear cut, "This is a good immediate investment early on" talent :/

-Sirusblk

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                          I'm level 13 right now, anyone have any suggestions as too a good talent investment? I mean it seems like other classes have a clear cut, "This is a good immediate investment early on" talent :/

-Sirusblk
                          I haven't seen anything that is "definitive". The discussions I've seen are much like those for Druids. The most consistent recommendation seems to suggest Elemental (casting) for leveling, then respec to whatever toward end-game (either off-tank emphasizing Enhancement tree or Restoration emphasizing the healing aspects). The Shaman forums are full of advocates of one tree or another...much like the Feral vs Oomkin vs Resto Druid wars. My take-away is that you can choose the playstyle you like most. Fitting into a raid/party is going to be tougher since the "utility" aspect of Druids/Shamans is that you can be decent at several things, but never as strong a DPS caster as a mage/warlock, never as good a healer as a priest, and never as good a tank as a warrior/pally. The healing role for a Druid is more of a group-dependent role for effectiveness, while soloing/leveling needs DPS for efficiency.

I'm not sure what I really want, but my thinking for now is Enhancement dual wield melee with a "minor" in healing, doubtless biased by my experience as a warrior.

I think Orion/Talara has shown that you can choose a "non-traditional" path (Feral tanking) but not ignore the DPS (cat) or healing world. You carry different gear to emphasize different roles, but that's really not a new thing.
                          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Well, with the Druid right away I invested with Nature's Grasp and got that leveled up completely :) I didn't necessarily devote myself to that particular tech tree but that one ability was a really nice addition to my arsenal. I know I could always reinvest the points later but at a low level it was invaluable. I was wondering if there was something like that for the Shaman class, not necessarily something I'd keep but would help at a low level :)

-Sirusblk

Comment

I thought about it a bit before chosing a tree, and I used the druids as a template. Given a choice between the healing, caster, or martial tree I picked the martial tree for leveling. The main sticking point is the shaman uses physical attacks that's supplemented with spells and totems to do damage. You could go full caster and level with the caster tree, but then you become dependent on your mana just like a oomkin druid and have to balance your damage with healing. By going enhancement you improve your physical attacks and can still use your mana to heal or do extra damage kinda like a feral druid.

Ah well, its not like I play my shaman much. Too much to do with a hunter and priest in outland.
                              My sanity is not in question...
                              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X