No announcement yet.

2.0.6 Patch Notes: The death of damage!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0.6 Patch Notes: The death of damage!

Originally posted by Blizzard's Stupid Patch Message that nerfs a class that already has too little damage for non-shadows
    Hunters
    - "Silencing Shot" now does only 50% of weapon damage instead of 75%.
    - The base damage for "Arcane Shot" has been reduced by about 9% and the bonus damage from ranged attack power reduced from 20% to 15%.
    - The bonus damage for "Barrage" is now 4/8/12% for ranks 1/2/3.
    - The bonus damage for "Improved Barrage" is now 4/8/12% for ranks 1/2/3.

Mages
    - Each rank of "Improved Fireball" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
    - Each rank of "Improved Frostbolt" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
    - "Counterspell" no longer triggers the global cooldown.
    - "Mana Shield" now absorbs magical damage as well as physical damage.

Priests
    - The bonus coefficient for "Shadow Word: Pain" has been reduced by about 9%. This should result in about 5% less damage done by "Shadow Word: Pain" for the typical priest.

Bug Fixes
    - The "Frozen Shadoweave Boots" will now properly increase shadow damage.
    - Players will no longer lose control of their character if they try to talk to an NPC while mobs are aggro on them.
    - The /equip command will now work on pieces of gear that are not in your primary bag.
    - Fixed an issue that was causing some players to disconnect in Hellfire Citadel:Blood Furnace.
    - The "Corruptor" 4 piece set bonus will now be properly applied.
    - The Legion Fel Cannons at Forge Camp Anger in Blades Edge will now properly spawn above ground.
    - The Arena queue tooltip will now show the arena that the player is queued for.
    - Fixed an error that was causing players to disconnect if they tried to socket a gem that had been gift wrapped.
    - Fixed an error that was causing players to disconnect forming a party with other members in the same area.
    - Pet icons will now properly update in the Stables window.
    - Improved the robustness of the pet action bar display. It is now less likely to be accidentally blocked by addons.
    - Players will no longer hear the gong sound repeated after initially joining a queue for the battlegrounds.
    - Having a group invite declined while queued via "Looking for More" will no longer remove you from the queue.
    - Nethershards will no longer cost honor to purchase but will cost gold instead.
    - Players will no longer be given access to both quest lines following the Declaration of Allegiance to the Scryers or Aldor in Shattrath City.
    Cause you know, non-shadow priests don't already have massive issues soloing...

/sigh
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: 2.0.6 Patch Notes: The death of damage!

At least the mages will be happy about CS not sharing the GCD anymore.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

yeah....surprise, surprise.....another hunter nerf :(
      "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

MWAHAHAHAH!!!

Arcane Mage FTW!! This patch actually makes me more powerful. Mana Shield blocking MAGICAL dmg too???? That's GOTTA be a typo. No more global cooldown on CS means an extra 1 second of dmg, not a lot but every bit helps. Combine that together and any caster that tries to touch a mage is in for a rude awakening. In PvP this is HUGE. Warlocks and shadow priests be damned, you cant touch me and you'll be dead before you do... all the while being silenced AND Slowed (-50% movement and casting).

Anyways, if that mana shield thing is for real then I've just turned into a Mage-tank with my current spec and equipment. Full imp. mana shield + vaulted secrets gear.

How is this the death of dmg? Fire/frost mages took a bit of a hit but it aint all that bad and well worth it IMO for the Mana Shield and CS cooldown.

Comment

/cast dispel magic Siulung
          oops

Comment

pwned...
            Lub it on!!!

Comment

priests take a 5% hit for no reason whatsoever except that Warlocks took one last week (come on, I already barely do 1k damage with it, this hurts the Disc and holy priests a lot more than the shadows), Hunters a big old hit on several of there abilities, and frost/fire mages take a hit.

Thats a lot of damage dealers taking a hit, and a group that in no way shape or form needed a nerf taking one as well.
              Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
                /cast dispel magic Siulung
                oops
                Quieted casters can't cast dispel magic can they?

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                  Hunters a big old hit on several of there abilities
                  Nothing new here. I'm starting to feel better about not having bought the expansion... Of course, when the hell would I have time to level anyway?

GOD I'm sick of grad school...

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                    Quieted casters can't cast dispel magic can they?
                    and they cant cast spells of any kind, so why do you need a shield?

Comment

can someone explain what
                      Each rank of "Improved Fireball" now reduces your spell damage coefficient by 2%.
                      means?
                      cant find anything on wowwiki or anywhere else ... is this a good thing? or a bad thing?
                      FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

See...I'd not be so upset about a damage nerf, if the method in which they did it wasn't so absurd. Warlocks, holy priests, shaman, and druids all have talents which reduce the casting time of their spells by .5 seconds or more, and these are all, universally, a great way to get a better effect out of +dmg, by attaching a larger coefficient to a now shorter spell. That was, supposedly, exactly the reason these talents existed.

Now, while still an increase, the mage ones lower the per hit of your spells, in exchange for faster hits...I could accept this sort of change, if it were being applied to all such cast time reduction spells. for, ya know..."Consistency". but they took a mechanic used in several classes talents, and simply made the mage ones weaker.

So now we need to spec into our Empowered Fireball or Frostbolt, merely to get them to what they were beforehand. And i just can't seem to reconcile how this is all balanced, when I look at a Warlock's Destruction tree (nothign against you guys, not calling for nerfs here), and I see a talent that reduces the casting time of 3 spells, without lowering their coefficient, and an empowered talent that gives 2 spells +20% each...Meanwhile, mages have 2 seperate talents for their spells to reduce time, which also reduces their coefficient, and their empowered are only 15% to one, or 10% and 5% crit to another. So in addition to our talents being more specialized, they're weaker too? I just cannot see what is going on with the mage talents lately.

That said, the CS and Mana shield are good changes...I just wish that if they honestly felt mage damage was too high, they could have changed it in a more appropriate manner.

Comment

Don't Coefficients only apply to 3 second Cast/channelled Spells? I know that's how it works for Heals... if you have a +30 healing item, you only get +30 to your heal if it's cast time takes more than 2.9 seconds... everything else gets a reduced +heal. Keep in mind that my theorycrafting is rusty, so i may be horribly wrong.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

The +healing and +damage are decided before talents that reduce its cast time were factored in, so the Priest talent to reduce cast time of Greater Heal to 2.5 seconds from 3 still allows GHeal to get the full +healing. Mages are now the exception to the rule in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
                              and they cant cast spells of any kind, so why do you need a shield?
                              Will the shield block CS also? I assume it only applies to magical DMG. But i could be wrong.

Anyways, as long as I dont get silenced myself I can plop shields until my own silence coolsdown. All the while not taking dmg. Regardless, it gives me another avenue to stand in there and deal dmg while not taking it.

Also, CS doesnt always work.. if i'm up against a lock and my CS fails I'm basically dead even if I kill him w/o these new mana shields. NOW, I can just stand there and blast him and laugh.

Granted, my tree's dps has gone up wildly so I dont need as much time to kill like I used to. But regardless, this really evens the playing field in PvP.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X