Clear All

• Roflmao

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Greetings <deleted>,

Account Name: <deleted>
    Realm: Thunderlord
    Character Name: Mirra

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed
    inappropriate for the World of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard
    Entertainment. This decision was made after a thorough investigation of the
    situation as a whole.

When a harassment report is made, all players involved in the incident are
    subject to review, which may result in account penalties. Though we are unable
    to discuss the outcomes of our investigations due to privacy concerns, rest
    assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly, and the
    appropriate actions have been taken on all involved accounts.

Any disputes or questions concerning the following account action can only be
    addressed by Account Administration. To learn more about how Account
    Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/.

Account Action: Warning

Offense: Harassment Policy Violation - Sexual Orientation
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:
    € Insultingly refers to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to
    themselves or other players

Details (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT):
    2/23/1900 0:00:00 (GMT) - [Mirra], Text: [then go to uther u fag] says in
    General - Hellfire Peninsula ""

For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Policies and Terms of
    Use Agreement: (http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01712p) and
    (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/termsofuse.shtml). Please be aware that
    additional inappropriate actions may result in further disciplinary action, up
    to or including account closure.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to
    ensure that every player is able to fully enjoy their travels in the World of
    Warcraft. Thank you in advance for respecting our position.

Regards,

Velkmar
    Game Master
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.WorldofWarcraft.com

Customer satisfaction is a top priority here at Blizzard Entertainment, and we
    would like your feedback on the level of service you have received. Please feel
    free to provide such feedback at the following web address: <deleted>
    I just checked my mail and found this official notice. I sure as hell will be giving them a piece of my mind for it. See how many errors you can spot. ^_^

Okay I got bored so let me point out a few.

1) Sever: Thunderlord and not Thunderhorn
    2) Message is time stamped 2/23/1900 at 0:00:00 GMT. Even if I did say something like that, I would never be able to trace it
    3) I utterly REFUSE to use 'u' as a substitute for 'you'. It is a sign of laziness and sloth and I will not abide by it
    4) The use of the word 'fag' as an insult is stupid and childish. I believe that if you're going to insult someone you should at least put enough effort into it so they spend as much time trying to figure out if you insulted them or not and over what.
    5) Uther is a name of a person in WoW and, apparently, a sever. I capitalize proper nouns as a nod towards proper english grammar which I know I will probably slaughter mercilessly within the next few lines of text.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Tarenth; 02-02-2007, 02:26 AM. Reason: I got bored
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Roflmao

You should help blizzard out. roll a toon on Thunderlord, and after informing them that we're the best Thunder Realm, point out that Mirra is a dick.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Well I'm not going to nit pick grammar, or spelling, because mine sucks, however I don't think it's too much for them to at least get the realm right. :row__628:

We all know Blizzard quality first hand and the most appropriate words to describe it would get you a warning too. :row__631:

P.S. I don't find calling someone a cigarette very offencive. :row__577:
      --
      Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Have you guys realized that a lot of the quest text in the Outlands have a lot of misspellings? My boyfriend noticed that they misspelled draenai in one of the quests... y'know, only a race they created and everything.
        --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

People read quest information? For that matter, what is this 'reading' you speak of?

I swear if I had a dollar for every time someone decides griding xp is more important than spending 10 seconds scanning the quest information for instructions I'd make more cash then Blizzard.

"The quest says to walk 200 paces east from the quest giver...where do I go?"
          "The quest says to kill an ogre hunter and steal his plans...are the plans on the ground somewhere?"
          "The quest says I need kill Cute Puppies and I've been killing Wet Puppie and getting no credit. Is it bugged?"
          "The quest says I need to get eyes from Plagued Bears, what drops the eyes?
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
            People read quest information? For that matter, what is this 'reading' you speak of?

I swear if I had a dollar for every time someone decides griding xp is more important than spending 10 seconds scanning the quest information for instructions I'd make more cash then Blizzard.

"The quest says to walk 200 paces east from the quest giver...where do I go?"
            "The quest says to kill an ogre hunter and steal his plans...are the plans on the ground somewhere?"
            "The quest says I need kill Cute Puppies and I've been killing Wet Puppie and getting no credit. Is it bugged?"
            "The quest says I need to get eyes from Plagued Bears, what drops the eyes?
            A common well known "Ash" quote from old VB days sums this up...

"Reading is fundamental!!"

I remember the guy that I first used that saying on... many many a moon ago.. He is the same guy that asked us a hundred times on Ventrillo.. where this was or where that was.... and one night I told him.. "You really should go down to the store and buy a WoW Atlas" ... his response was "Oh I have one.. its quicker to ask you though!"

Comment

First off, I know EXACTLY who you're talking about lol. Good grief we told him sooo many times what he needed to bring to the forge to smelt dark iron that I had it memorized.
              And yeah it's really annoying when the quest tells you almost exactly where you need to go and people STILL ask where to go or what to kill.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

hahahaha! getting that email would piss me off! im guessing that confusion is cleared up now, right tarenth?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X