Guild Expansion for the Expansion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Expansion for the Expansion!

So, first of all, I'd like to say Welcome back Bear! I'm sure that whatever reasons you've given for coming back are all just lies to cover your undying love for me.

Secondly, i'd like to take a moment to let everybody know that now is the time to start snagging people. Do you have friends that are guildless? or easily bought? are they good happy people? are they intelligent? Canadian?

For the next little while TG is in what i like to think of as a growing session. Long long ago, before we started working in endgame content, TG was a levelling guild, with lots of people at different levels all working towards the same goal, namely getting to level 60.

Now, with the expansion here, and with the pressure for class balance removed, we find ourselves with room to grow.

Mind you, don't invite just anybody into the guild... but if you've got a friend that's interested, get them to the website, have them run with us a couple times. If they're good people, they're practically garaunteed an invite!

So, introduce me to your friends!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: Guild Expansion for the Expansion!

Why thank you Manny! Rest assured, although I enjoy your company, "undying love" was NOT the reason.

Now if Blizzard would stop trying to destroy the Warrior class my life would be a lot better!
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

" Now if Blizzard would stop trying to destroy the Warrior class my life would be a lot better!"

I know it's hard on people who play the warriors because you can't do the DPS that the other classes do. But never under estimate the importance of your role. The raids cannot work without you. It's like being an offensive lineman in football. The QB or mages, may seem like the're getting all the glory but we couldn't do it if we had to always be scrambling around avoiding the pass rush ;)

The priests used to always have this kind of mind set. It seemed it was always hard to find one in the begining, now everybody wants to be a healer of some sort, lol. Just remember, high DPS classes are a dime a dozen, a good warrior is hard to find and welcomed by all :)
      I don't suffer from insanity,
      I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

Quick heads up, do not party w/ Bandaids or Estarac, they are ninja looters and they hacked my brothers account (I know them personally), and then laughed about it. I'm currently working w/GMs to get them banned, as well as contacting theirs mothers for what they spammed General Chat with and sent to ppl on his f-list.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vondoom View Post
          " Now if Blizzard would stop trying to destroy the Warrior class my life would be a lot better!"

I know it's hard on people who play the warriors because you can't do the DPS that the other classes do. But never under estimate the importance of your role. The raids cannot work without you. It's like being an offensive lineman in football. The QB or mages, may seem like the're getting all the glory but we couldn't do it if we had to always be scrambling around avoiding the pass rush ;)

The priests used to always have this kind of mind set. It seemed it was always hard to find one in the begining, now everybody wants to be a healer of some sort, lol. Just remember, high DPS classes are a dime a dozen, a good warrior is hard to find and welcomed by all :)
          Actually Doom my concern has very little to do with the DPS aspect. With the advent of the Burning Crusade DPS warriors are a dying breed while the value of a solid tank has increased exponentially. I'm more concerned with aggro, rage generation, mitigation and the overall effectiveness of the warrior class. I'd be fine with the rage normalization if they buffed tanking but I'm not sure they did. I'm not in a panic stage but I am concerned.
          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

*cough* Pally tanks are viable.
            I'm holy prot and i've managed to hold aggro against Gaviin once or twice. that was my favourite time ever.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I am quite excited with the growth TG has seen in the last few weeks. New people from the TG community have come to join us, and we've seen some familiar faces resurface *waves to Bear, Shirokuma, and a few others*. I'm glad to see us moving along steadily!

Comment

Where have all the tanks gone?
                Long time passing
                Long time ago
                They respeced fury every one
                When will they ever learn?

Where have all the healing priests gone?
                Long time passing
                Long time ago
                They respec shadow, oh noes!

^_^
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
                  Actually Doom my concern has very little to do with the DPS aspect. With the advent of the Burning Crusade DPS warriors are a dying breed while the value of a solid tank has increased exponentially. I'm more concerned with aggro, rage generation, mitigation and the overall effectiveness of the warrior class. I'd be fine with the rage normalization if they buffed tanking but I'm not sure they did. I'm not in a panic stage but I am concerned.
                  Aye, not being a warrior, but watching the class, I've always been concerned with the warrior's unique quandry with gear upgrades. More mitigation is great for tanking....but less damage means less rage, which means less aggro...and if you dont' have the aggro, all that mitigation means nothing. Likewise, More incoming damage means more rage and easier aggro management, however it's also more likely to kill you, or drain the healers faster. And with the recent normalization of rage gained due to damage done...well, It makes it harder to keep rage up, and keep the warrior up, at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ZariusZer0 View Post
                    Aye, not being a warrior, but watching the class, I've always been concerned with the warrior's unique quandry with gear upgrades. More mitigation is great for tanking....but less damage means less rage, which means less aggro...and if you dont' have the aggro, all that mitigation means nothing. Likewise, More incoming damage means more rage and easier aggro management, however it's also more likely to kill you, or drain the healers faster. And with the recent normalization of rage gained due to damage done...well, It makes it harder to keep rage up, and keep the warrior up, at the same time.
                    That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Excellent description!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                      Long time passing
                      Long time ago
                      They respec shadow, oh noes!

^_^
                      Actually, the majority of the guild priests are still holy/disc or disc/holy :)

Comment

Yeah, but I was slightly drunk on fatigue after work and I had that damn song stuck in my head.

Besides, a lot of priests did respec shadow for level grinding.
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

The forums used to stress that too much defense is not always a good thing. After a certain point (used to be about 340 on warriors) defense = +dodge. Have you tried lowering your defense a bit and upping your armor as mitigation? Might lead to you getting hit more for less damage and therefore more rage without an increased chance of dying. I haven't seen anything on how this might have changed with the x-pac and all the crazy +defense gear.
                          Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

We have one priest main who is currently specced shadow, Pistos. Hale, Wint, Ked, and myself are all currently specced Holy/Disc or Disc/Holy.

Faethe recently joined and I don't know her spec atm.

Argo is shadow, but he has been leveling from level 1 that way and is a Crazy Draenai :)
                            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

no for the level 60 endgame (where you were up against level 63-65 eiites warriors needed 400 defence. now with hitting 70 (350 being minimum for the level) i would suspect 450 will be the new bar. i have actually just reached 450def with Delg and it is working pretty good. though the rage thing is a bit of a pain.. if i was prot gaining rage against mobs would not be too hard (gain more rage the more they hit me). i have offset this with bloodrage and a steady supply of rage pots. keep in mind that as we go up in levels +def gear helps less and less. so in order to get a defence rating (new system) you need more than simply +100 def (or +80 if you are prot specced) to hit the magic 450 (again a guess for all i know we will need 500 def rating for the 25mans) you might actually need +140 def to get the desired def rating.
                              FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X