Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not 70 yet, and feeling frustrated? Let's go kill something together.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not 70 yet, and feeling frustrated? Let's go kill something together.

Hey, me too! My experience with leveling has been enjoyable when grouped with one or two other people, but I have to admit that the grind of it all is getting to me. I don't have the dedicated time to play during off-hours to gain an edge, and fear I've fallen way behind. I get jealous listening in the general TS channel when I hear people talking about all of this level 68+ stuff that I can't participate in. I'm sure many of you feel this way too. In fact, this experience is reminiscent of the 50-60 grind that I lagged behind on also.

Why am I whining? Keep reading! I'm sharing this with you to encourage you (and myself) to buck up and keep going! The cluster of non-70's have had a difficult time getting 5 man groups together due to a lack of viable tanks and too many people wanting to do the same thing. So, we end up with, say, 7 who want to do mana tombs and need to leave 2 people without a group. The solution to this is persistence. Whisper people and ask them to come to a run. Use guild chat, use teamspeak, use the forums. Lastly, unless you particularly enjoy leveling alone, no one should HAVE to level solo! If you need a leveling buddy, hit me up. Either I'll hook up with you, or I'll hook you up with someone else. The grind is much less stressful/boring when you have someone to do it with. I thank my lucky stars for Beep and VonDoom and a few others who have kept me busy.

Oh, and you junkies who are already 70 with your flying mounts? Help a sista out! Those of us who aren't 70 could use all of the support we can get. I'm not saying stop doing what YOU'RE doing, but if you have some free time, just offer a hand. Many of you do that regularly, and I appreciate it greatly.

Last, but not least, I would like to create a new TS channel dedicated to finding other players to group up with. I will call it "LFG", and it can be used to either find a partner or put a full party together. Anything to make this easier, right?

See you all in game.

Re: Not 70 yet, and feeling frustrated? Let's go kill something together.

if you need a tank send me a whisper.. i am not on much and as such am also behind the curve. i have specced a little out of prot to help the leveling go by faster but i can hold my own in instances. but if i am on and i'm not allready commited i am happy to help ppl out.. the instances i find can be very very lucretive money wise.
    FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

I'm so far away from 70 it makes me all emo!
      “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

I will have to say that it has created a situation with me that I am close to just throwing in the virtual towel. I cant seem to get in a group... I try to do and even beg for instance runs and continually either not being in the right place or right time cant seem get a group. I started off doing well but seems like everyone I started out with must've had a ton of free time to quickly leave me behind.

I know that if I have to solo another character to the top .. I will choose not to play at all.. I did that with my first char Duenna and just don't have the heart to do it again.

I started off soooo optimistic too.. I remember Luna and I having a conversation the night before the expansion came out and I was so optimistic about it.. and was trying my best to get her excited about it... but I am sure she saw something that I didnt..

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenhart View Post
          I will have to say that it has created a situation with me that I am close to just throwing in the virtual towel. I cant seem to get in a group... I try to do and even beg for instance runs and continually either not being in the right place or right time cant seem get a group. I started off doing well but seems like everyone I started out with must've had a ton of free time to quickly leave me behind.

I know that if I have to solo another character to the top .. I will choose not to play at all.. I did that with my first char Duenna and just don't have the heart to do it again.

I started off soooo optimistic too.. I remember Luna and I having a conversation the night before the expansion came out and I was so optimistic about it.. and was trying my best to get her excited about it... but I am sure she saw something that I didnt..
          Ash,

What level are you? I just hit level 62 and I've only run Ramparts. What are you looking for?
          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Ash is 64 but I am willing to do just about anything. I am currently parked in Nagrand.. waiting for something to do. I have been playing my alts till then..

Comment

Despite my play time being limited, getting to level 70 was very easy to do. Every class can easily solo to 70. I solo'd the overwhelming majority of it all rather quickly, with the exception of a few quests that required 3 or more people to do. I did it in under two weeks from the release date of the expansion and took my time doing it. I just wonder why more people in the guild aren't level 70. I work full time and have a life and I did it. If you just do quests you can get to level 70 very fast. That's what I did. I didn't bother sitting in one spot grinding for XP.

Now with that being said...

Hurry up and get 70!
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by Valik View Post
                Despite my play time being limited, getting to level 70 was very easy to do. Every class can easily solo to 70. I solo'd the overwhelming majority of it all rather quickly, with the exception of a few quests that required 3 or more people to do. I did it in under two weeks from the release date of the expansion and took my time doing it. I just wonder why more people in the guild aren't level 70. I work full time and have a life and I did it. If you just do quests you can get to level 70 very fast. That's what I did. I didn't bother sitting in one spot grinding for XP.

Hurry up and get 70!
                With all due respect, you didn't solo a warrior.:row__632:

'Tain't so easy when you can't do much dps, can't drop aggro, and you lose 40-50% of your health on each single mob. If you draw multiple mobs as a warrior, you may survive two at the same level as you are...but you will die if there are three.

I agree with you that most quests can be done solo. I disagree that all classes can "...easily solo...".
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Valik View Post

Hurry up and get 70!
                  Like I said.. I will stop playing altogether if I have to do that again.. I just flat refuse to quest grind alone.. I didnt say it couldnt be done... sheesh I did it 1-60 alone... 10 levels is nothing when you look at it that way.. but I just dont find that fun.. I want to play for the enjoyment of playing in groups.. if I want to play solo.. I will pick up elder scrolls or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
                    With all due respect, you didn't solo a warrior.:row__632:

'Tain't so easy when you can't do much dps, can't drop aggro, and you lose 40-50% of your health on each single mob. If you draw multiple mobs as a warrior, you may survive two at the same level as you are...but you will die if there are three.

I agree with you that most quests can be done solo. I disagree that all classes can "...easily solo...".
                    I hear ya Beep... Valik is a lock.. and I am finding that it can be done easily to quest.. with my voidwalker out I can take on two or three at a time and drink a coke to boot... but again I would rather tromp through the zones with friends than alone.

Comment

Well Ash I'm almost done in HP, I've just got a couple of "group" quests and I'm off to Zang. By the time I'm done with Zan I should be level 64 and we can venture into Terrorkar together! :)

Comment

I would love to do some instances! Lightshow my priest is 63 and Celltar is 66. If you need one or the other send me a tell. If you guys want to group up for some questing let me know as well. I do feel a little behind myself so you guys don't feel alone. I have been enjoying the game and look forward to the trek to 70!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                        Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                        Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X