For those 67-69 who are trying to finish the Push

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those 67-69 who are trying to finish the Push

Beep asked me to write this up last night so here I go, and I am sure that there will be some testimonials from others who have done it.

Everyone who is 67, 68, or 69 should be spending their time in Netherstorm. Netherstorm Has a massive number of quests, somewhere in the neighborhood of 60, which are all diced up between the islands. You can easily work on 5-6 quests in the same area netting yourself anywhere from 90-150k XP an hour along with some great rewards, both in gear and faction (Aldor/Scryer, Consortium). There are several very important quest lines in Netherstorm as well that you really want to be working on in Preparations for 70:

Arcatraz Key:
    Starts With This

Nexus-Lord Quest Line:
    Starts Here and leads to great weapons

Shutting down the Manaforges:
    Starts Here

Archmage: (which leads to the undead town which has massive quests including the great IT NEEDS MORE COWBELL!)
    Starts Here

Dewi and I nailed down 3 levels in 2 8-9 hour days in Netherstorm just questing, and I know others have done the same because of the close proximity of multiple quests.

I highly recommend that people head to Netherstorm, group up and just fly through these quests, you will rack up massive XP, money, rewards, and faction doing so.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: For those 67-69 who are trying to finish the Push

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
    Beep asked me to write this up last night so here I go, and I am sure that there will be some testimonials from others who have done it.

Everyone who is 67, 68, or 69 should be spending their time in Netherstorm. Netherstorm Has a massive number of quests, somewhere in the neighborhood of 60, which are all diced up between the islands. You can easily work on 5-6 quests in the same area netting yourself anywhere from 90-150k XP an hour along with some great rewards, both in gear and faction (Aldor/Scryer, Consortium). There are several very important quest lines in Netherstorm as well that you really want to be working on in Preparations for 70:

Arcatraz Key:
    Starts With This

Nexus-Lord Quest Line:
    Starts Here and leads to great weapons

Shutting down the Manaforges:
    Starts Here

Archmage: (which leads to the undead town which has massive quests including the great IT NEEDS MORE COWBELL!)
    Starts Here

Dewi and I nailed down 3 levels in 2 8-9 hour days in Netherstorm just questing, and I know others have done the same because of the close proximity of multiple quests.

I highly recommend that people head to Netherstorm, group up and just fly through these quests, you will rack up massive XP, money, rewards, and faction doing so.
    Thanks for this, Sajier. My brief experience there so far follows...

I ventured forth (last night) to Netherstorm to get the flight point at Area 52 and to check out some of the quests.

At least for a level 68 warrior (!), with our gimped class DPS issues, soloing in Netherstorm seems possible but slow (1 fight = 1 bandage or 1 food item after) with frequent deaths (5 on one quest because of the inability to deal with multiple mobs each of which hits for 500+ per round). In solo mode, I went back to Blade's Edge Mountain area and found things faster/easier in terms of xp/hour while solo! Higher DPS classes will probably be OK in Netherstorm at 68.

In a group of 3, Netherstorm is probably the better choice (over BEM)...better gear for sure as quest rewards...with higher level mobs granting more xp per kill.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Yes, that is probably true. Dewi and I duoed everything, and as a priest I was able to solo there effectively with little trouble, but warriors might have more trouble that I can't speak of soloing there.

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
        ...as a priest I was able to solo there effectively with little trouble, but warriors might have more trouble that I can't speak of soloing there.
        Sad but true...a healing specc'd priest has more dps and survivability than a plate-wearing warrior. :row__522:

Even the new super healing pot only heals around 15-20% of my health, so a tough fight against multiple mobs is usually fatal.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Honestly you don't need 3 people, a group of 2 will easily be able to blow through quests there.

The benefits of this, would be we would center most of the guilds 67-70 population in 1 zone, and getting groups together should be easier.

| | |

Comment

Personally I've been trying to take things in sequence as best as I can. It ends up being a bit slower probably but I want to enjoy the new areas as I get to them. I did cheat a bit and pick up a few FPs in Netherstorm and Blade's Edge on my way to pick up an Enchanting recipe.

I'm still questing in Nagrand. Haven't stepped foot into Shadowmoon and haven't done any quests in Blade's Edge or Netherstorm. It hasn't been too bad resisting the urge to try and slam the last little bit out. I hit 69 last night by doing 3 Terrokar quests that I'd put off.

No way is the right way. Level as fast or slow as you'd like.

Thanks Sajier for posting this information. Those are questlines that look very interesting and its always helpful to have a bit of a reference. I've been very happy with the quests and the stories that come with them. Exploring a bit and seeing all the new factions in the game is pretty cool.

Quick note: when I was leveling originally I did very few WPL/EPL quests until I was 60. I did this because it seemed like the stories there were some of the more intricate, indepth stories in the game. Personally, I wanted to be able to do them and not feel the urge to do them quickly because I wanted the xp. There were plenty of other quests to do at that point so I just saved them until I could take them at a slower pace and actually get into the story. Again, no right or wrong way to enjoy the game. Just my opinions :).
            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
            Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
            ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Both Nether and Shadow offer an extreme number of quest lines that offer rep, exp and for 70's u go with a lot of gold. Just ask, I'm a grinder and can usually stop at any time to help a quilder. I do group for quest often and others are welcome to join. TG is replete with many mages so there should rarely be a time you can't hook up with one. The new instances have several methods of changing and breaking aggro, so as a mage, I am looking to pair with warriors and such to get a better feel for the management methods. In general, "if u can hold it, we can down it".
              Dewi

Comment

Don't let Dewi fool you... questing with him can be a bit tough. You really have to work to hold things off of him. :)

Comment

Bah, thats not true, Its usually dead before anything ever gets to him :)

| | |

Comment

I pretty much did my leveling from zone to zone completing most, if not all, quests before moving on to the next zone. I would sometimes move on to the next zone before totally completing all the quests in the zone I was working on just for a change of pace but I generally go back to finish off what I left behind at some point (group quests and such usually). This seemed to work out pretty well for me. Though I was nowhere near first to 70, and probably could have been more anal about the most efficient way to go about things, I think it went pretty well overall.

Hellfire -> Zangamarsh -> Terokkar -> Nagrand -> Blade's Edge -> Netherstorm

This puts me in Netherstorm at 70 with a ton of quests still left to do there. Like 60 before BC, now the real work begins. ;)

I probably could have moved from BEM to Netherstorm sooner but I found the BEM quests pretty well grouped up around each hub so I stayed and moved through most of them for my 68-69 progression. If you have just 2 people working on them together you'll blow through them pretty darn fast.

Yes, the gold flow after you hit 70 is pretty impressive. :row__593:
                    --
                    Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

i'm slowly grinding out netherstorm right now and working on my keys....if your in netherstorm and need some help and i'm there i'll be happy to help because some of the quests i know i can not complete by myself and i'll be more then happy to lend a hand to help you with leveling in those areas

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X