Noob Moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Moments

I was wasting time on the general forums and came across a thread recouting some of the noob things people did when they first started playing the game. While they were funny, I thought it would be much funnier to hear what noob things people I actually knew had done.

Here are some of mine...

Leveled the dwarf priest to 60 without turning on Treasure Finding.

Leveled the dwarf priest to 60 without using Stoneform.

On my first toon (a hunter that is still lvl 20) the first time I died I didn't know what to do. I wandered around looking for my body (never realizing that the mini map displays it). Eventually I found my way back to the graveyard and Spirit Rez'd.

On that same toon it took me over a week to figure out what the little suit of armor on my interface that was all yellow and red meant.

The first time my pet died I thought it was dead forever.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Re: Noob Moments

I spent my first gold piece on a stable slot having no idea my druid could not get a pet :(
    New to TG?

Comment

i'm the pally that goes into battle with crusader aura on and almost dies or does die then relizes what i did after i'm dead
      Baylord = Noob =P

Comment

I was level 18 before I learned about "talent" points.
        “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Originally posted by baylord View Post
          i'm the pally that goes into battle with crusader aura on and almost dies or does die then relizes what i did after i'm dead
          Baylord = Noob =P
          I tell you and tell you about that!

Anyways, here's Ili's.

Once upon a time when ili was a weeee little druid, she decided to port to Moonglade. Once arriving there she saw a cave on her map and thought, "Let's explore!" Not knowing what to expect she stealthed up to the cave. (it's stealth no one can see me right?) As she inched closer to the opening, a huge mean Furbolg came out and ate her!

The next day while running through Astranaar she saw the zone "Felwood" just a hop, skip, and a jump from where she was. What did she do you ask? Why explore ofcoarse! After all, it's RIGHT next to Astranaar it MUST be close to the same level right? Her first steps into the dark and dreary zone were uneventful. 10 yards away she happened to see a wolf, and unfortunately he saw her too and said hello.

Last one I promise. When Ili got her bear form, I thought it was soooo stupid and refused to buy any of the spells until I was almost in my 30s.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

i read about things called 'instances' in the manual that came with the game... 'instances are found off the beaten path.. where u wouldnt normally go' i spent a few hours at lvl 10 or so... running around the far stretches of dun morogh.. deeeep into loch modan looking for an instance
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I levelled Manny's skinning up to 300, dreaming, hoping one day to have a Finkles Skinner. Yeah, not so much.

'Seal of Command? Consecration? What are those?' <--- Manny's famous quote from about level 56.

Manny, the ONLY paladin to pay for his riding skill before visiting his class trainer to get his horse.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

After I kept dying and wandering why i couldnt kill a mob on my warrior(first toon ever) I asked my hubby.. he asked "have you trained your toon " and i was like "trained what the hell is that...I was lvl 13..Let alone knowing what a talent point was..lol

Also i went to 60 on the warrior not knowing what aggro was ...lol ok was such the warrior noob..
                Candrice 63 Warrior
                Ricca 70 Rogue
                Machelle 70 Mage
                Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Well, it was the first time I was in a PUG and we entered the hideout to get to Deadmines and I had my pet on aggressive. We didn't even make it to the entrance of the deadmines before I had half of the miners chasing me. Who knew what aggro was and I found out shortly after my pet died. I started to run out of the mines and so did the rest of my party. Needless to say, I was dropped from the group.

How not to be a huntar noob 101 don't leave your pet on aggressive in tight quarters with multiple mobs :p
                  "Remember that all things are only opinions and that it is in your power to think as you please."

Comment

Um. Most of our MC runs proffer sufficient examples for me, do they not?

=P

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                      Um. Most of our MC runs proffer sufficient examples for me, do they not?

=P
                      Oh there are noob moments on any raid - in any group. Like a pally who accidently DI's a warrior mid battle for example due to hitting the wrong button.

But its pretty funny to see some of the things we didn't know about when we were just starting to play.

Originally posted by Manny
                      Manny, the ONLY paladin to pay for his riding skill before visiting his class trainer to get his horse.
                      This one made me laugh so hard I was afraid soda was gonna come out my nose.
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

For the first week of playing WoW, I thought FPs were really expensive and only for use in rare situations. I walked everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                          Oh there are noob moments on any raid - in any group. Like a pally who accidently DI's a warrior mid battle for example due to hitting the wrong button.
                          It was BoP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamis View Post
                            It was BoP!!
                            I didn't say YOU DI'd a warrior ;). But yes, BoP would count as a noob moment as well.
                            Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

I seem to remember a certain pally that DId a rogue in UBRS in the 2nd room.. *cough* MAX *cough*

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X