Arenas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arenas

So, the Arena's are opening soon. I personally intend to be there, hurling Frostbolts for Fame and Glory. Anyone else?

If you've not been following, the Arena's are going to be available in 2, 3, and 5 man matches, fought with a preformed team that can have up to 4, 6, or 10 total members, respectively. These teams will earn ratings, and these ratings will in turn, reward points to be spent on special Arena Gear. There's also seasonal rewards, and the Fame aspect for those who would seek such....and of course, the pride to be found in obliterating another team.

The teams are formed seperate from guilds, but still have a sigil and a roster, just like guilds do. They can include our own guildies, friends from outside, or complete strangers, if you were so inclined. And you can be in up to 3 teams, one for each team size.

I know that I'm interested in forming a team for all three brackets, but I'm personally thinking I'll focus on 3v3...I think 5v5 might be a bit hectic, and 2v2 might seem a bit frail.

Re: Arenas

I am interested in doing this, it looks fun, and I would love the chance to prove that a dedicated healer can cause all sorts of trouble :)
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

I think it would be fun to have a 5 man team with 4 beast spec'd hunters and a healer. Giving you esentially a 9 man team.

4 beast master pets all coordinated to a single target would be a significant threat. Or divided among multiple could cause some distraction.

Mark one guy the focus on a different guy who thinks he's safe or mark 4 of 5. then hit the unmarked. I dunno sounds like a load of laughs.
      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath View Post
        I think it would be fun to have a 5 man team with 4 beast spec'd hunters and a healer. Giving you esentially a 9 man team.

4 beast master pets all coordinated to a single target would be a significant threat. Or divided among multiple could cause some distraction.

Mark one guy the focus on a different guy who thinks he's safe or mark 4 of 5. then hit the unmarked. I dunno sounds like a load of laughs.
        Pretty much any idea of 4 of X class and a healer is bound to be humorous. For instance, the group of mages who chain polymorph enemies, nuking them to indeterminate piles of flesh one at a time. Or the shadow priest group all healing each other for 30% of their DPS..thats' scary. A group of paladins that just would never die, and keep each othe'rs mana well supplied, or Shamans....Fire Totems and Chain Lightning spamming...that'd be a messy battlefield.

Can you imagine being simultaneously ambushed by 4 Rogues? or having 4 Warriors all charge you in rapid succession? A team of 5 druids who can instantly adapt to any opposition...or the team of 5 warlocks, who, between pets, DoTs (especially Seed of Corruption), and their fear and Howl of terror spells, would turn the battlefield into a chaotic mess.

Comment

Originally posted by ZariusZer0 View Post
          Pretty much any idea of 4 of X class and a healer is bound to be humorous. For instance, the group of mages who chain polymorph enemies, nuking them to indeterminate piles of flesh one at a time. Or the shadow priest group all healing each other for 30% of their DPS..thats' scary. A group of paladins that just would never die, and keep each othe'rs mana well supplied, or Shamans....Fire Totems and Chain Lightning spamming...that'd be a messy battlefield.

Can you imagine being simultaneously ambushed by 4 Rogues? or having 4 Warriors all charge you in rapid succession? A team of 5 druids who can instantly adapt to any opposition...or the team of 5 warlocks, who, between pets, DoTs (especially Seed of Corruption), and their fear and Howl of terror spells, would turn the battlefield into a chaotic mess.
          This makes me wish there was a Spectator mode on this game...

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of man, you cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images, where the sun beats, and the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief, and the dry stone no sound of water." --T.S. Eliot

Comment

I do believe there is a limit of classes per participating team so such problems aren't seen. Of course, 4 warlocks and a healer would be EVIL for a team. They could even call themselves team evil.

4 seeds of corruption maybe 1 unstable affliction so it isn't dispelled. Combined with the cascading affect of that spell and proper application of fears and you've got a nasty combination.

Anyhow, I would also be interested in participating in a arena group. This season is probably the best time for it because everyone is relatively on the same footing gearwise. Next season there will be some groups with high end raid gear or gladiator gear which will bring us back to the level of better gear vs undergeared match ups.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X