NOTICE: Important TBC Bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTICE: Important TBC Bug

Located in World of Warcraft/Cache/ is a WDB folder. I suggest you delete this folder regularly then start up WoW using the standard WoW startup program.

Why?

There is a bug that causes rewrites and problems with your interface in the cache folder. This will interfere with the completion of quests and using important items in instances.

Example: If you have completed Steam Vaults your cache will show the control devices as being used. When you finish the instance and reset it the cache will NOT dump this information and will keep you flaged as having 'used' the control devices. Start up a new instance and your group will no longer be able to use those devices to open the door to the last boss because you have, technically, already used them.

Another problem is if you have finished your attunement to the dead (Ends with quest "I see dead dreanei") then you get a quest called "Everything will be alright" from a ghost nearby and you see a lower city faction armorsmith ghost outside the Crypts instance who will repair your gear. If you run the crypts and complete the objective of the quest (kill the last boss) then that completion will overwrite the attunement and you will lose your ability to see the dead. This means you can no longer repair or turn in the quest.

Both problems have been proven fixable by deleting your WDB folder and letting WoW create a new one without all that conflicting information.

It took 4 GMs, 6 hours of waiting, and 3 minutes searching the bug forums to bring you this information.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: NOTICE: Important TBC Bug

Thanks very much for that info, man. We just experienced that bug in Steamvaults where neither I nor Talara could activate the control devices. Lame.
    Ninja

Comment

Yeah, Tarenth And I had that problem as well.

Doesn't Deleting your WDB Ruin your Addons or Saved settings?

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I really didn't have a problem with my addons, but then I again I run the bare minimum.

From my understanding your addon information is in the WTF folder and WDB keeps all the temporary server information client side.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I deleted the WDB folder and experienced *no* addon-related issues.
          Ninja

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X