Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for keeping the guild coordinated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for keeping the guild coordinated.

I've run this past the officers with little response, partly because we are so busy...lol. With this expansion, we have spread our guild out and some people are feeling overlooked. I'd like to try to remedy some of that.

There are two immediate things that may help:
    1. The roster site is back up and running... www.tacticalsites.com/wowroster
    This is a very helpful tool in that it can help us locate profession skill within our guild. There is also an Aldor/Scryer addon to the site that I am looking into that may help filter search results based on faction...interesting if it works.

2. Cartographer...search curse-gaming.com
    This in-game addon is excellent for showing the entire map even if you haven't explored there yet. The feature I like though is the dots on the map that represent my guildies that are also using cartographer. It has saved me multiple times alread, like when I fell from the mountain in nagrand and landed in Zangarmarsh...Dmairi was only 100 yds away or so. A quick whisper and I was rezzed. Luna has gotten a drop-by fort buff from Wintrow. I've run into 3 other guildies and quested with them for a few....in short...get it.

Re: Suggestions for keeping the guild coordinated.

To build on Orion's comments above and add a few more plugs for Cartographer (easily my favorite recently-discovered addon)....

For herbalist and miners, there is an addon that remembers the location of every mining vein and flower picked. It will display these locations both on your in-game minimap and the overall map. So as you are questing around leveling your toon, you can be building an inventory of all the various herbs/ores that you might want to farm later on.

There is also a questing addon. This records the location of each quest-giver from whom you've accepted a quest. It will display a little '?' on the overall map that gives you the location and some other general information (i.e. what other quests you've gotten from him, what quests are done, etc). This has been very helpful to me in planning my attack to knock out quests; if I see a large concentration of quest-givers in one area, I focus on those to minimize the amount of running back and forth I need to do. The one "bug" I've noticed with it is that it can't capture those instances where you have to turn in the quest to someone different from the quest-giver.

Finally, although I haven't tinkered with this, there may be a way (currently or in the future) for all of our Cartographer-gathered information to be shared amongst guildies. As it is, I can see a few map notes (i.e. trinket xyz found here) that Talara created in Netherstorm. This would lead me to believe that there may be a way to aggregate everyone's individual mining/herbing/questing efforts so, at the very least, you don't have to constantly alt-tab out to check locations on Allakhazam or wander around aimlessly looking for a certain mob.

Anyway, sorry to be so long winded, but I strongly believe that this addon is worth having and will make your lives and guild organization a lot easier.
    70 Priest

Comment

Yes Cartographer as a "database sharing" function that allows you to share info between guildies for just about everything. I have started to back through the old zones and "document" through notes important mobs and info. Its going to be a long process, but once its done it should be an invaluable tool for everyone.

Any help doing that would be greatly appreciated :)
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

That was Pistos, not Wintrow! (Although Wintrow is awesome too)

Comment

The Aldor/Scryer addon is simple but nice, it basically groups everyone according to their affiliation and shows their professions.

A couple of addons we used to have on Roster that would be nice to have again: Made By and Reputation.

Comment

I posted an issue in the main Sig thread, but I tried to upload this morning and got a 404 error. Could use any help I can get to figure out what I am doing wrong.
            Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
              I posted an issue in the main Sig thread, but I tried to upload this morning and got a 404 error. Could use any help I can get to figure out what I am doing wrong.
              believe duck resolved this for you in that thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
                A couple of addons we used to have on Roster that would be nice to have again: Made By and Reputation.
                These 2 addons are very helpful and I would recommend we get them up on the roster asap.

Being able to see who can make what is extremely helpful and will keep people like Saj from having to update their "this is what I can make now" lists.
                Lub it on!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X