Druids: Need Some Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druids: Need Some Info

Curious as to what specs our druids are leaning towards for end-game and how often they might be interested in raiding.

As Talara, I seek to be a capable Bear tank or Cat DPS and have enough heal gear to flip over when needed to cover the gap. I do not currently have an interest for the Moonkin form and don't see myself putting enough points into resto to get Treeform. I also think that I will be raiding frequently, though not always on the same nights. I can probably raid 3-4 nights a week.

Re: Druids: Need Some Info

pft... no talaroomkin? trealara? ehh... i dont blame ya =P
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Treeform FTW I say! Anyways, Ili is going to end up being 0/20/41. All of her old feral gear has been upgraded via quest rewards so she _could_ be dps or tank if she absolutely had to. As far as raiding goes, it's pretty much restricted to Fri and Sat nights or after 9 server on weeknights due to 1 being Mountain time and an hr behind server and 2 prime raid time is usually when I'm getting the kids fed and bathed.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I'm going to toss in my two cents even if I'm not a druid.

Until we start to consistantly raid the 25 man instances I believe the balance druid (oomkin) is pretty much useless. Sorry to all the balance druids out there, but you know its true. :(

Feral druids can both tank, off tank, and DPS depending on the need. They also cause all warriors, paladins, rogues, hunters, and melee pets to get +5% crit and heal themselves every time they crit. As tank or off tank druids can gather more group aggo faster and have plenty of hp and armor to eat through.

Restoration druids can turn into treeform which switches their classification from humanoid/beast into elemental. This makes them immune to the numberous mobs that randomly polymorph targets and, at times, healers. They also have fast instant cast heal spells for places where cast times become an issue (cabal mobs with curse of tounges and the boss in Crypts that increases cast time by up to 200%) and increase all healing of party members by 25% of their spirit.

Balance druids...are mages that can't polymorph, warlocks without pets, and hunters without ice traps or pets. Oomkins could hibernate beasts and dragonkin...but mages can polymorph beasts, warlocks/hunters can have their pets offtank dragonkin, hunters can trap beasts and dragonkin, and hunters can fear beasts. They give everyone in the group +5% spell crit, but that bonus would only help mages (yay! more aggro!), warlocks (yay! more aggro!), shamans (overheal/aggro much?), priests (overheal much?), paladins (mmm...free heal), and balance druids.

Seriously? If you can take a balance druid you might as well take a mage, warlock, or hunter instead. -.-
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

No spec is completely useless and I for one find it funny that someone who has no actual knowledge of the druid class would say so of the Bal tree. For one, Bal druids will have an easier time flipping out to heal then a Feral druid will since a large portion of their armor is +dmg/healing. Secondly, MOST will have a fairly large mana pool and will be able to fill the slot of either caster or healer.

Moonkin Aura is to casters what Leader of the Pack is to melee, more aggro for each side but is it fair to say one is more important then the other? No. We all have our reasons for speccing the way we did and to have someone call it useless is to me disrespectful.
          Last edited by Iliana; 02-15-2007, 04:56 PM.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Yes from the words of Hadad... "I <3 Moonkin long time".... usually followed a few mobs later with "rez plz.... somehow i pulled aggro.. again"
            FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post

Seriously? If you can take a balance druid you might as well take a mage, warlock, or hunter instead. -.-

Ouch. Luckily that's just your opinion.

Moonkin can still put out damage, still flip to bear and OT on a WTF pull, increases the damage/healing of all the casters (which is usually 2/5 or 3/5 of your group), battlerez, give healing love if the MH goes down or OOM. So while their crowd control is much more limited than a mage it sure seems like they bring alot of flexibility to the table. Of course, that also, is just my opinion.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

put it back on topic...but yeah...read the WoW Druid forums and you'll see this talk for the last 3 months...

Comment

wow...ouch...I have been balance since day one and can deal out a hefty amount of damage..you say why not take a mage or a hunter or warlock..that is fine and dandy, however, dealing not quite as much dps as a mage, but still a considerable, not to be scoffed at amount of damage...WITH the capability of being able to pop in and out to back up heal...and (while i hate doing this) off tannk of absolutely need be while main tank catches his breathe or whatever...and have the ability to pick up either hte main tank or healer if they go down i woudl say that balance is very far from useless. I rather like being hte jack of all trades thanks. But you are entitled to your opinion.

To answer you rquestion talara, i won't be raiding any time since as i'm only lvl 63 and probably won't see 70 for a few months due to time constraints.

So for now...me and my fluffy feathery fanny and obnoxious beak and giant antlers will go about my business not giving thought to having to respec until the appropriate time (which hopefully..there will be none...but we shall see...)
                  If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is X; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I've grouped with Sildus many times, and seen what a good Moonkin can do. They don't even have to change stances to tank (Moonkin gets armor boost too). Moonkins are welcome in my group anytime, can't ever have too many innervates or battle rezzes.

Comment

Anah is in my second batch to go to 70, so is out of the mix for a while. Willing to take her whenever needed. She is staying full 0/20/41 resto as tree form heightens her style of healing anyway, but is also upgrading her feral set for offtank, aggro pulling, farming, and levelling. My work schedule still varies wildly, so if I'm on, let me know if you can use me in any instances.
                      Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Dreadd has been and will continue to be 'oomkin. I may put some points into feral at some point, but not too many.

Comment

I've got Sildus specced at 48/0/13 right now. If I thought I'd be raiding a lot (my 9-week-old daughter says I can't right now), and if the guild needed me to heal, I'd consider resto. As-is, though, I'm running solo or in small groups most of the time, and moonkin/balance helps me out quite a bit there.

As a slight tangent, how well do resto druids handle main healing 5-man instance runs? My concern isn't being able to handle the healing load, but how to handle healing aggro. When healing dungeons with my paladin, I usually have a stun handy and a bubble to buy time if I need it. With my druid, I have a hard time lasting more than a few seconds against an elite mob when I get caught in caster form.

Sildus

Comment

the cyclone spell we got is nice for a quick CC of a mob mid-combat, but it doesn't last long, so the tank needs to do something about it...you're just buying time...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X