No announcement yet.

Karazhan: Suggestions and a Request

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karazhan: Suggestions and a Request

As we start to make our first steps into Karazhan this weekend, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on what to expect and discuss some keys to the future in there, as we all desire success in there.

Karazhan a great variety of fights, and consideration must be made for all situations that are going to occur in these encounters. Between trash mobs (some small pulls, some as many as 10 things at once), boss fights (some straight tank and spank, some multi mob fights, some new encounter types :)) and everything else, every group that goes in there will have to be on their toes and know what they are facing.

So, what does this mean for you?
    1. Come to have fun! This is a game we put a lot of time into, we should be having fun, especially seeing these new fights and new places! :) We are all learning everything, so please on stressing out.
    2. Please do your research. Take the time to go to's Karazhan Section and read up on the zone, on the boss encounters and any other info you can find. Every person who understands these fights before hand is going to make all of our lives easier. Yes, there will always be a quick refresher before a fight, but you should have a good idea of what you are dealing with before you ever walk into the instance.
    3. Come Prepared. We are going to be testing things out, none of us have seen this, so we are all going to have to learn things, and we are all going to die. Expect that and come prepared for it with reagents, repair bots (if you can make them), etc. Everyone bring pots. If you can make pots, please bring a couple extra mana and health pots for others as well.

Now, on to Group make up.

This is not a reflection of anyone elses opinions but my own. This is MY idea of an ideal group in Karazhan:

2 Dedicated Tank types (warriors, bear druids, Prot Pali maybe?)
    everal bosses have abilities keyed on the second person on the aggro list. Obviously you would rather have a tank taking those hits than anyone else. As well there are many multiple mob fights where you won't crowd control everything, so having a tank who can hold extras will be essential.

2 Dedicated Healers (Disc/holy priests, Resto Druids)
    10 people, 2 tanks. Makes sense to have 2 dedicated healers.

1 Backup Healer (Palis, Shadow Priests, Feral/Oomkin Druid)
    This person will be able to step in when a Dedicated healer goes down, or when spot heals are needed. This will be a key role on fights like Moroes, Shadow of Aran, and Nightbane. This shouldn't be filled by a dedicated healer, as this person should be DPSing as they can. Obviously the backup healer role can be cross filled (Backup healer can be in the DPS section) thus allowing for more DPS to come, but the backup healer will be important.

5 DPS Classes (Mage, Warlock, Oomkin, Shadow Priest, Rogue, Hunter, Feral Druid, Pali)
    This is obivously going to cause the most discussion. I have lumped all DPS classes together for this, and yes, there will be a need for balance and it does lump a lot of people together. But I feel it most accurately depicts what they will be doing for the group.

Finally, the request.
    Please respond to this post after you have read to through the Wowwiki information in the link above. Just let us know that you have taken the time to look at it in preparations for Karazhan. :)

Thanks for reading my long winded post of doom :)
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: Karazhan: Suggestions and a Request

To my dismay, I will be AFK for a vacation weekend this Friday through Monday!:row__522: I am supremely envious of the adventurous group that gets to head into Kharazan for exploration!!!

Nice post, Sajier and a timely reminder that these instances are likely to have a learning curve for us just as steep as those for AQ20, ZG, MC and BWL. Hey, if it were all milk and cookies, we'd be bored!:)

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

I've been reading up on this stuff for several weeks in anxious anticipation, so I'm ready! Friday night is bad for me, but the rest of the weekend should be cool.
      70 Priest

Sadly, I'll be at work all weekend.. Next weekend is an entirely different story :P
        (I'll be spending all of NEXT weekend trying to get the last two parts of my freaking key)

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

sounds like fun

Will be an entertaining first peek and test our gear and abilities to dance together. Which boss/bosses are our initial target/s. I have found the BC fights to be much more dynamic than before BC fights requiring mulitple concurrent battles, ongoing CC. Suggestion: Bring your stamina and armour gear.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed