2.0.10 Test Realm patch notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0.10 Test Realm patch notes

Looks like Warriors and Shaman got some love and Druids got kicked in the junk.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: 2.0.10 Test Realm patch notes

Priests

Prayer of Mending now has a 20 second cooldown.

Fantastic they nerfed our best ability

Comment

Yea for warrior buffs, boo for druid nerfs

Double boo for priest nerfs though I've been secretly waiting for the nerf stick to hit VE for a while. Silent Resolve no longer affecting shadow spells sucks... maybe they'll give me all my points back so I can spec out of that for free.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I would have rather seen them just buff warriors and leave druids alone but apparently they must have seen other issues.
        “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
          I would have rather seen them just buff warriors and leave druids alone but apparently they must have seen other issues.
          Thats what blizzard does. Rather than fix the problem, they nerf everyone else to compensate.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
          BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
          TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Well keep in mind that if the only balancing method they took was to buff classes, there would eventually be balancing issues as players relate to mobs and instances (i.e. everyone would be overpowered). They really have to walk a fine line to make sure they don't have to retool significant chunks of the content when they are forced to tweak certain classes. Unfortunately that means they have to nerf classes sometimes.

That being said, it still sucks to see it happen because I know Talara in particular has been having a blast with his toon. Hopefully this change won't be a huge deal. We'll have to wait and see.

It will be nice to have warriors be viable tanks again though. I've grown sort of tired of having to do white damage and even stop damage altogether for seconds at a time to let my tank warrior establish aggro, which will just be yanked away after a couple crits once I start damage back in. I don't care what anyone says, the warrior class is broken as it stands right now. I'm glad Bliz is doing something about it.
            Ninja

Comment

HERE HERE!, this looks like it will be a significant addition... though where on my bar i am going to find room for TC (but i will) multi-mob has always been our biggest downfall... so now we are getting a little (and depending on the threat generated by it we shall see how litle) help. i have always beleived challenging shout needed to move down to like a 2min or 45sec cooldown along with taunt... hey make them shared 30sec cooldown what ever... now they just need to work on our HP and Armour. (yes that is proper spelling if you talk right hehe). even really really nice plate doesnt bring us close the armor our druid tanks get wearing leather though we do get to parry. and if we got 15-20 HP per stam that would work out great. only problem now is that the threat from sunders didnt increase with level so it cant compete with the dps put out by the 70's dps or healing until you stack it high and devastate ftw.
              FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

don't you go trying to get into our armor...seems it's one of the things they nerfed us with also, reducing it to 400% instead or 450%...you don't just have parry, you have block also, and shield block spell for totally avoiding a possible crushing blow...we have to suck it up in HP...so leave HP alone also...

as for druid nerfing, I expected it, just wish they'd leave out multimob aggro alone. They reduced a couple things that will lower bear damage output, which will lower our threat generation. But they also F'd with a trinket that added 50 dmg to swipe and maul...swipe is for 3 mob aggro holding and seemed to be working fine. I was always right on the limit of holding aggro unless a caster got ahead of themselves...so why'd they screw with it...

Other thing, they decided to give us more rage?...why?...I had 60+ rage at any given time in Kharazhan and my mauls are so so I can't spam them, mangle has a cooldown, and I can't spam swipe if there are sheeps around...bad Blizzard...shame

Comment

Warriors also have spell reflect for those nasty spells to give them a little more breathing room that a druid just has to grin and bear. (pun intentional)

Shield blocks and parries give warriors a lot more damage reducation than druid armor actually because parry will negate a blow and block will turn a crushing/critical into a normal attack for less damage. Shield wall is also a very good 'OMG I'M GOING TO DIE' skill even on a 30 minute timer that druids don't get. Let us not speak of the damage mitigation from disarm (a lot more mobs are vulnerable to it than expected) and intimidation for quick and dirty fear Crowd control.

I'm just glad that hunters feigned death and avoided the nerf bat this time around. Of course I'd be doing the happy dance if I got the [item]Hourglass of the Unraveller[/item] instead of Crebis as well. Extra ranged attack power FTW. Now if they'd just make a ruling on gems and +hit bonuses being melee only I'd be content.
                  My sanity is not in question...
                  It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I admit spell reflect is nice but i am annoyed it doesnt seem to work on most bosses or even mini-bosses (a la BM) if they have cast timers they should at the very least be reflectable.. i understand aoe stuff not being but the other stuff should be. but i do loves me my reflect in the lower instances where it actually works like it should.
                    FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

aoe reflection...maybe reflect off of the warrior and hit nearbyu friendlies for 3x the original amount?...that would be funny...

Comment

yeah. hilarious.

diaf.
                        Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Gaviin View Post
                          yeah. hilarious.

diaf.
                          I'd only use it when you're in my group, gaviin. Feel special.

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
                          BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
                          TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                            Yea for warrior buffs, boo for druid nerfs

Double boo for priest nerfs though I've been secretly waiting for the nerf stick to hit VE for a while. Silent Resolve no longer affecting shadow spells sucks... maybe they'll give me all my points back so I can spec out of that for free.
                            Ughhhhh. I hate that change to silent resolve. Why does Blizz feel the need to pigeon-hole priests so much? They give crazy love to hybrid classes like druids and shammies, then when it comes to priests punish us for trying to be good at more than one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
                              Looks like Warriors and Shaman got some love and Druids got kicked in the junk.
                              Sorry this is late. =P
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47009315039035
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X