Folks, it's been a hell of a run!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, it's been a hell of a run!

For about that last month I've been struggling. Not struggling in the sense that I'm having trouble with the content but struggling with the desire to continue. I've tried different classes, different specs, different guilds, hell even different servers and no change seems to make a difference. The magic that once was, is no more.

As many of you know I've been pretty hardcore WoW for that last couple of years. In fact, it's been the only game I've played outside of a 1 week diversion for BF2142. This isn't a crying post and no WoW hasn't ruined my life, my marriage is still in tact and I still have my job. What I have lost is my desire to play. The Burning Crusade was a nice diversion. The anticipation for it and the subsequent leveling to 70 gave me four months of additional gameplay. In the end though I'm left feeling a bit empty. Somewhere along the way I realized that Blizzard, through the magic of their universe, was very successful getting me to play whack a mole. I guess at some point I realized that they were masters at getting me to complete that next quest, kill the next boss or clear the next instance. The rewards were tangible and at times it was a hell of a lot of fun to get them. As much fun as it was, it's has become just more of the same, over and over and over.

So I asked myself last night, where does this end? The answer is that it doesn't, there's always another quest, another instance, another item or another something. In the World of Warcraft the journey is eternal, it's in Blizzard's financial interest to make it that way. I don't begrudge them, in fact I think they've produced the most compelling game I've ever played.

So last night I decided that for me the adventure is over. I've removed WoW from my laptop and desktop, I've canceled my account and you know what.....it feels GREAT! Why you may ask? I really don't know. In a sense, I feel a bit liberated, I don't feel like I have to rush through my day so that I can get logged in and get to work at my next task. For those of you continuing the journey, I wish you safe travels and phat lootz. I have truly enjoyed the time I've spent with you.

As for me, my life as a gamer however is far from over. Supreme Commander, C&C, Stalker, BF expansions......oh so much to do. I may even go out and buy an Xbox 360!!! I'm planning on downloading the latest BF2 mod I saw on the front page. I hope we get the chance to shoot at each other sometime!
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Re: Folks, it's been a hell of a run!

Bear, I wish you nothing but the best!

We'll miss you!
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Bear,
      I think you are just one of many to come. I am not saying me but I can just tell there are many finding emptiness in the xpac. I personally have kids that play and my close friend Kalua that play and we have that bond that we enjoy playing together.
      I know that you are TG through and through and have no doubt we will hunt together in some other pixelated world. Definetly keep me in mind when C&C comes out.. I am keeping a close watch on that and will definetly love to hook up for some C&C fun. I also at some point will be back in PoE for some good teamplay. So I know this is not goodbye it is just a farewell till we meet up again.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear View Post
        As for me, my life as a gamer however is far from over. Supreme Commander, C&C, Stalker, BF expansions......oh so much to do. I may even go out and buy an Xbox 360!!! I'm planning on downloading the latest BF2 mod I saw on the front page. I hope we get the chance to shoot at each other sometime!
        BTW make sure you try the demo download of Supreme Commander.. after trying the demo I really didnt like it. See what you think but I think Tarenth had some pretty harsh thoughts on it as well.. I am sure he might chime in about it.

Comment

You already have 2142 come on over and play that again.

Comment

Bear it has been a pleasure to have you in the guild.. Whether it be a good joke or that cool sence of humor you have you always kept me laughing..I only wish you the best...I totally understand where you are coming from cause I have been thinking of doing the same but i cant just break the ties yet..Good luck in whatever game you go to..
            Last edited by Ricca; 03-07-2007, 06:29 PM.
            Candrice 63 Warrior
            Ricca 70 Rogue
            Machelle 70 Mage
            Enya 74 Druid

Comment

I know how you feel Bear.
              I suggest downloading the Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars demo from Fileplanet. IT'S AWESOME!! :D

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven View Post
                I suggest downloading the Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars demo from Fileplanet. IT'S AWESOME!! :D
                *perk* There is????

Comment

Downloading now... wow the demo released before the game... Will have to take a peek..

Comment

So Bear.. Are you coming back to the 42nd now? :)
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Bear, good luck to you. I enjoyed chatting with you the few times we did, and I'll miss you. Keep in touch! :)
                      Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven View Post
                        It's Awesome is an understatement.. I will be excited to get in on some TG fun in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                          So Bear.. Are you coming back to the 42nd now? :)
                          I would say that is a most definitely a YES. My concern is that I don't want to trade one addiction for another :)

I am one rusty solider though, I haven't put my "twitch" abilities to a test for a LONG time. I'm sure I'll provide a nice target for you very soon.
                          “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Ah Bear...now who can I take to see the Baron and wind up eating pavement over and over ...and over again.

Best of luck to you!

*slips a cookie into the coat pocket*

Level 80 Warrior
                            Level 74 Priest

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed