Where do I start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start?

I'm new to Wow (Eve is my main game - I fly with the Mcrew) and I really don't know where to start. I'm also new to the TG site, so I thought I'd read through the forums and have a look around. 51 pages of posts! Aggghhh....

So, where do I start in this monster of a game? How do I 'crack in' to the community? I came to TG through the Mcrew, and if you guys are like those guys, then when I step out of my Pod and pick up my sword you're the kinda people I wanna hang with.

Can someone give me a shove in the right direction? Without making me read 51 pages of posts?

Re: Where do I start?

First off, welcome to TG Pancake King!

The forums aren't going to be what you are looking for to learn the game. The best thing to do is to take a look around a couple sites (WoW Homepage and WoWWiki are excellent resources about the game), and then once you have an understanding of what class/race you are interested in playing, have at it! TG plays on the Thunderhorn server on the Alliance side. The game is great at teaching you basic stuff as you go along, and the people in TG are great to answer questions you might have.

As far as info about the guild, take a read through the stickies at the top of this forum. In the application thread you will see some reading to do before you consider joining TG, our philosophies and such. Once that's done, if you feel like we are the right fit for you, then post an app!

Hope you find your way in WoW and that this helps!
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Pancake King View Post
      I'm new to Wow (Eve is my main game - I fly with the Mcrew) and I really don't know where to start. I'm also new to the TG site, so I thought I'd read through the forums and have a look around. 51 pages of posts! Aggghhh....

So, where do I start in this monster of a game? How do I 'crack in' to the community? I came to TG through the Mcrew, and if you guys are like those guys, then when I step out of my Pod and pick up my sword you're the kinda people I wanna hang with.

Can someone give me a shove in the right direction? Without making me read 51 pages of posts?
      We may have to share some knowledge sometime. I never was able to get very far in Eve.. I still have chars training and thats all I do now. I log in set training and log out.. LoL

Basically Saj covered everything you need to know.
      1. Install WoW
      2. Create a Char on the Thunderhorn Realm (Alliance)
      3. Message one of the officers Sajier, Beep, Lunatg, Ricca, Talara or even feel free to message me Ashenhart or Trinitia and I will be glad to put you in touch with the right person. (I imagine you could talk to us on TS too)
      4. Start playing :-)

Comment

Welcome to TG... Post an app on the forum and contact me in game..
        Candrice 63 Warrior
        Ricca 70 Rogue
        Machelle 70 Mage
        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys! Couple of quick ones - Been playing a little on another server - I can transfer to another server? Or do I have to start a new character? Secondally, I'm an Aussie, so will I be flying solo alot, you are there a few other oz players about, and is the lag gonna kill me?

Oh, another question. I've been playing a Mage and I'm up to lvl 18. Is it just me being a Noob, or are they ****e at PvP. Cause they seem ****e. One on one, it seems any class makes pretty quick work of me...

Comment

you dont you run away quick
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

You can transfer to Thunderhorn, although at level 18 I'd almost suggest you start a new toon. You have to pay to transfer from one realm to another, which makes sense when you've invested a ton of time into a character, but not so much if you're still learning the ropes.

Here's my suggestion:

1. Roll a new toon on Thunderhorn. We actually have a guild on Thunderhorn who's primarily Aussie, and who we play with often.

2. Send a whisper in game to Lunatg, Beep, Talara or Ricca so we can get you invited to the Tactical Gamer guild.

3. Get on teamspeak! Come find me on TS anytime- I'll happily talk to you about anything you need to know, or try to help you find some friends to play with. I can't promise I'll always be able to accomodate, but you can rest assured that I'll put a ton of effort into helping you as best as I can.

4. Don't feel like you need to learn everything all up front. You can read about classes and such, but really, don't be afraid to start up multiple toons and see which one you actually enjoy playing the most. What looks good on paper doesn't always "feel" right when you're actively leveling a toon.

5. Ask lots of questions, particularly in game to people who stand out as helpful. I'd say look for guild officers, but that underestimates the helpful nature of the majority of the guild. You're welcome to ask me anything you want, no matter how silly it may seem. I'm always happy to share what I know to help you out, and I think you'll find the guild to be helpful as well.

6. Participate in guild chat. By this I mean say hello to everyone, tell us when you're leveling, and holler if you need info. Guild chat isn't always the best way to ask for help, though. Use guild chat as well as the forums, teamspeak and even whispering individuals to get a hand when you need it. We can't always be reading guild chat, so don't be offended if you don't get a reply when asking a question. We DO try, though. We're a social lot.

I hope this helps! Hit me up in game tonight, and I'll get you all situated.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys! Couple of quick ones - Been playing a little on another server - I can transfer to another server?Or do I have to start a new character?
                You can transfer chars but will cost you $25 per char transfer I believe. You can see this in your account settings from the WoW website.
                Secondally, I'm an Aussie, so will I be flying solo alot, you are there a few other oz players about, and is the lag gonna kill me?
                Starting out new will have you doing some solo work but we do have alot of players with varied play times and I have logged on all hours of the day and always see handfulls of TG people online
                Oh, another question. I've been playing a Mage and I'm up to lvl 18. Is it just me being a Noob, or are they ****e at PvP. Cause they seem ****e. One on one, it seems any class makes pretty quick work of me...
                PvP at your level will find yourself in a huge mix of "twinks" (Chars that never leave that level and have the best gear) and you will find yourself in the graveyard alot if you are trying to solo him.

Comment

Well, I have to say that you are living up to the reputation that Wulfyn gave - very helpful! I won't be on again for a few days (I work shift work, 12 hours days, but only 7 a fortnight - so I'm either avalible all day, or not at all), but I think I will hit you up then.

I have one final concern. Reading a little, you guys seem to have some pretty huge characters. How long am I going to be lonly in the low levels? ie, what lvl do I need to get my butt to asap.

Again, thanks, you've been great

Comment

lol Yes we have some high characters but we have lots of alts..So im sure we have some around that lvl. My lowest is a 25 warlock..
                    Candrice 63 Warrior
                    Ricca 70 Rogue
                    Machelle 70 Mage
                    Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Well, I have to say that you are living up to the reputation that Wulfyn gave - very helpful! I won't be on again for a few days (I work shift work, 12 hours days, but only 7 a fortnight - so I'm either avalible all day, or not at all), but I think I will hit you up then.

I have one final concern. Reading a little, you guys seem to have some pretty huge characters. How long am I going to be lonly in the low levels? ie, what lvl do I need to get my butt to asap.

Time to level up depends alot on your playing time. Some people amaze me at how quick they can level up a char but I will say that I leveled my very first char in WoW in little over a month. That was a couple of years ago upon release of the game.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Comment

Hey Mr. king

Just a quick word from a fellow aussie non guildie that runs with TG often.
                        My main toon is Matthius 70 pally with toons in almost every lvl bracket throughout Wow. 10 toons in total. 1 70, 2 almost there, the rest under 50.

If ya eva need a hand lvling, doing a grp quest, instance gimme a holla and i'm more than happy to come help out.

The guild i reside in is KWSN (Knights who say Ni) - a late night guild of mainly USA ppl but with a few aussie in the mix.

Comment

I'm pretty new too - made my way up to 33. It can be slow going and lonely in the beginning but you can always try and pick up groups of random non-TGers or use the looking for group (LFG) option in game. Once you hit your 20's and 30's all the 60 and 70 level TGers have some alts around...
                          Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Originally posted by Matthius View Post

The guild i reside in is KWSN (Knights who say Ni)
                            Best. Guild name. Ever.

Comment

hehe.

I does like it very much.

And as we say

NI!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse