Whats needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats needed?

First off, I don't know if this should go into tactics and strat or not, but what classes do you guys need the most?

Do you guys need warlocks? Shadowpriests? Paladins? Those are the 3 classes I'm thinking about trying ATM, just let me know :)

Re: Whats needed?

Try them all :)
    See which one you like playing the best. I have to say tho, I'm partial to the idea of another warlock. Okay, I may be just a little biased but playing one is a heckuva lot of fun.

Level 80 Warrior
    Level 74 Priest

Comment

Heh, well, I might be a warlock then, unless stated otherwise.

Which Professions would you suggest? I don't know which of the crafting ones would benefit TG most =/

And I know this doesn't really matter but: Human or Gnome? :P

AKA. Who looks better in warlock gear?
      Last edited by Robo-SWAT; 03-26-2007, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Gnomes look evil in Warrior and Warlock gear, but they also have a cute side. It can change with a single piece of gear.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

How about a Draenei Paladin/Priest? I know I can make a gnome warlock and a draenei paladin/priest but for now I'd rather stick to one class untill I get a better understanding of everything in the game (and I'd like to actually get to 70 on a character too :D)

edit: or a draenei mage, I've never been one of those before *gets hit by a brick, STOP GIVING YOURSELF TOO MANY CHOICES!!!*

Comment

How 'bout this...pick 2. That way you can play 1 until rested experience runs out, then play the other one. And if you pick 2 different races, you start in different zones and see a bit more of the game. This will give you a better opportunity to see what you prefer doing (damage, healing, a bit of both).

As far as professions go, again, pick what you would like. Do you want to be able to make yourself armor (tailoring, leatherworking/skinning, blacksmithing/mining), stuff you can use (potions, gadgets) or enhancing what you do have (enchanting)?

I know...more choices. :)

Level 80 Warrior
            Level 74 Priest

Comment

I have a better idea, I'll make a paladin, so I can heal or tank when needed :O

Comment

Originally posted by Robo-SWAT View Post
                I have a better idea, I'll make a paladin, so I can heal or tank when needed :O
                Or a druid...:) Heck, even a Shaman!!!

FWIW, our shortages/needs for the guild in The Burning Crusade expansion are tanks and healers. Hybrids can be useful, but our shortage is for "pure" tanks and "pure" healers. I'm acknowledging that a healing specc'd druid or shaman or paladin can do quite well as healers but I love full-healing priests best!! (yeah...no flames, pls :)) Tanking specc'd (feral) druids are great, and a tanking pally is also effective. The demands of the talent trees mean, however, that a tanking-specc'd class can't heal very well...mirroring the idea that healing specialization also limits tanking possibilities.

Bottom line...pick a class and a talent focus you like. Try several out until you find a playstyle that makes the game fun for you. There's way too much time involved to make it a chore, so do something you enjoy!!!
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I went with the druid thing for a while, couldn't get into it much (maybe because I was forced to be a nightelf, no offence to any NE here :D)

I'll probably go with a priest, since I'm used to that and really havn't had much experiance with tanks

PS. Have you tried a shadow priest + paladin? :O

Comment

Originally posted by Robo-SWAT View Post
                    I went with the druid thing for a while, couldn't get into it much (maybe because I was forced to be a nightelf, no offence to any NE here :D)

I'll probably go with a priest, since I'm used to that and really havn't had much experiance with tanks

PS. Have you tried a shadow priest + paladin? :O
                    Leveling a priest is much easier if shadow specc'd. While it's doable in Holy/Disc spec, it's slower. You can respec as healer late in the game without much of a learning curve.

I'll leave comments about paladins to others. I didn't have the patience to play a pally!!
                    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Going a bit off track I'd have to say that "what's needed" is pretty much "what you want to do". We could say "OMG! We need healers!!!11!!" and you could make a healer, but if you don't enjoy playing a healer then odds are you might stop playing or force yourself to play and become a bad healer.

That being said it should also be noted that before you jump into a nitch class spec (damage priest, damage warrior, pet tanking hunter, crowd control hunter) then you should try something with more of a focus on that aspect and get the basics down first so you can modify what you know to fit what you do.

For example a tanking paladin should have a passing familiarity with aggro generation mechanics and how to actually keep that angry mobs beating on you and not the squishy mage. A shadow priest might put out great damage, but that's not going to give you much love if you're expected to sit back and heal.

There is nothing more frustrating than a nitch player without a clue on how to use all their abilities. Much hate goes to paladins who refuse to heal and yell "I R DPS!! roffles!" when the situation clearly demands healing or the warrior who say "OMG! Stop damage! I no hold aggro if u do more dmg then me!" using a two hander (no shield means less armor and no blocking for damage mitigation) and berserker (more damage dealt, but 20% less threat generated and more damage taken per hit) with death wish (more damage dealt and taken) to tank.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

My favorite is now "What's wrong with my tanking? I'm the last to die.".....yeah..that came from a warrior in an Underbog PUG the other night.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I guess I'm more of a hybrid person, every time I end up wanting to pick a class I end up going towards paladin/shaman...Then I start seeing what other classes can do, which makes me go "oooh I wanna do that!" (not in the idiot way of course) Then I get bored of said class 2 seconds after making it, then I go back to staring at the character creation screen :P

I guess I'll never be happy :X

Comment

I started as a Paladin and leveled him to 60 as my primary character. Then I made a Warlock and leveled him to 60 and loved playing him so much he became my primary. Then I started a priest and leveled him to 60. Now the Warlock and the Priest are 70 and my priest is now my primary. So my suggestion is to play what you like and try out as many classes as you want. You can always make another toon!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
                            Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
                            Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Some people pick one toon and never look back (see Gaviin for an example). Others do something completely the opposite. Wintrow's first toon was a pally I believe. Mine was a hunter that's still stuck at level 20. I would definitely recommend you try a few classes out to level 10 or so and see what you like. You won't be able to get a read on what the class is going to be like later, but it may help you throw out some classes that you just don't like.

Tanks (Warrior or the fuzzy druid kind) are always in demand. Healers are also always needed. But in the end you should play whatever class is the most fun -- and if you get burnt out on one, put it on the shelf and try something new.
                              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X