Squad Leaders: Things to be done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Leaders: Things to be done

Ok so now that I have things up and running with TG-Illidan I figured I would share what I did to get things set up.

1) Post charter - duh :).
    2) Once approved, contact Luna/Talara/Beep to have them build you a new channel on TS for your squad.
    3) Send a PM to Luna, beep, and orion808 to get them to walk you through getting authority to post raids on the raid site. (this might change in the future to a specific contact person)
    4) Send a PM to Apophis asking to create a new public WoW Squad forum. Please include Luna, Beep, Talara and yourself as your requested Moderators.
    5) KICK BUTT! :)
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: Squad Leaders: Things to be done

Nice job in the new forum area guys. Alot of great information there for everyone!! Thanks to all the officers and Apo for getting it up and running and thanks to Tarenth for getting a couple damn good lists of glyphs and buffs together.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Wouldn't things like armor and food buff lists be a better fit for the Tactics & Strat section of the forum? Things like that are universal for every squad.

Comment

Our squad is specifically farming for some of these things and as such, Tarenth took the time and created this phenomenal list. Yes its good for the guild. If the powers that be want to move it so be it (I can't). However our squad has (and will continue to) add to it, so if its moved we will not have edit privledges to it.

Just another thought.
        Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Let's focus on the fact that a guildie took the time and effort to create a great reference sheet for people to use. I'm not in that squad, but I will using it. I hope that when our squad has information in it that everyone will use that as well. Where the post is located is much less important than the information it contains. Thanks Tarenth for putting all of this together.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
            Let's focus on the fact that a guildie took the time and effort to create a great reference sheet for people to use. I'm not in that squad, but I will using it. I hope that when our squad has information in it that everyone will use that as well. Where the post is located is much less important than the information it contains. Thanks Tarenth for putting all of this together.
            Once we've added a bit more to Tarenth's AWESOME post, we'll post a link (or a copy...or both) in the tactics and strategy forum. In the meantime, we invite EVERYONE to freely browse in the new squad forums. It has always been our intent to share information across the guild freely for strategies, tactics, etc. that will benefit anyone playing the game.
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Tarenth's post is indeed awesome. I'll try to get a similar post for alchemy buffs up this week. One caution with alchemy buffs regards the cost of dying. The enchants... are permanent, the foods are for the most part easy to farm. The pots, especially resist pots require mats from primals to elements from instances. Even major mana pots are no easy task as they require netherbloom 2/pot. The old world flask require 30 dreamfoil each, though they last beyond death, without old world farmers 30 dreamfoil is a long and lonely ride. It may be helpful with the primals to have a farming night. Oils last beyond death, as well.
              Dewidkat

Comment

Meh...the list was lacking in some areas and Sajier made up some of the ommissions. Since I can't edit my own posts after a certain time frame he'll probably have to add in what I missed myself. Though it is nice to see that my efforts are appreciated. ^_^

As for moving it around? There really is no need to. Each of the squads are, or probably will, develop more of a personality and a focus as time passes. Its not like the squad forums themselves are private nor should they be. Sajier's squad Illidan and its motto of "You are not prepared!" was explained to me as focusing not on the speed of how quickly we approached and conqured content (even though that's everyones wish) but that we approach everything fully prepared and with whatever resources we can get our hands on. With that in mind I compiled a list with some brief research to note down some of the things we can, and probably will, be working on in order to actually be prepared.

Now if only squad Defiant would follow that trend and start posting as their current trend is going then we'd be set. What is their current trend? Well currently they're plowing through Karazhan faster than any squad and seeing deeper into the content then the rest of us. I hope they take the time and become our path finders for the guild giving us the hints and tips they discover as they go to help the other squads surpass what they have left behind.

Besides, having things like that in squads that will eventually be recognized for their specialities will keep the amount of clutter down in the generalized Tactics and Strategies forums. I have posted similar lists before in general and T&S to have them scrolled off and lost into the ether as other posts are made. Its not like you have to go through hoops to get to the squad forums themselves and if you just had to look up Defiant for first impression on content and Illidan for crafting/buffing needs then you do most of the T&S forum's job. The squads are still part of the guild even if a part of the guild is not part of the squad and what we do is for the guild and its use. In fact, if you can provide any of those buffing/crafting services please post in the thread what you can do.

On a related note:

KUDOS TO SQUAD DEFIANT IN DOWNING CURATOR AND THE CHESS EVENT!

Bastages are too tight lipped about their progress. I only heard about it when they said "He look! I got my T4 gloves" over guild chat.
                My sanity is not in question...
                It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'm working on some things to be posted up there. If work wouldn't keep getting in the way it would get done quicker ;).
                  Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X