Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First MIU week (Mixing It Up for those not in the know)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First MIU week (Mixing It Up for those not in the know)

Ok, so...the time has come that we are going to have a week to mix things up a bit. On Friday, April 6th, we will be firing up the raid site. The intent of these weeks is to encourage non-squaded members and to give them a look into the content that is ahead of them. It should be noted that squads are not required.

Here's the basic layout that is subject to change:
    1. Any and all people that are able to run are encouraged to signup
      • must be keyed and not previously saved to Karazhan
      • should be available to run for atleast 2 hours and more likely 3 hours
    2. People will be seperated into different raids and run by the Raid Leaders of the current in-house Squads
      • Raid balance will be important
      • Raid leaders will decide what balance is needed and help to balance the other leader's raid as well.
      • Squaded members will get second priority and are encouraged to be available if/when a slot is not filled by a non-squaded member.

So, what to do with the rest of the week? The guild will attempt to run mutiple Karazhan Keying runs. We need to know the individuals that still need keys and we need extra people available to help run these. We will do everything from starting the KEy process in Deadwind Pass to Short Steamvaults and Arcatraz runs to full runs of Shadow Labs and Black Morass.

I would hope that as a guild we might focus on this for a week and give our guild more people that are Keyed and have the knowledge to run through or atleast start Karazhan on their own.

Re: First MIU week (Mixing It Up for those not int he know)

If there's enough people for a third group, I'll step up and take charge if needed.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Re: First MIU week (Mixing It Up for those not in the know)

Was thinking the Leaders would be Sajier, Talara, Hitch (still haven't confirmed his availability for Friday)...so MAnny, you'd be 4th group if we have the people, and I'm thinking we might if we have the balance...

Comment

Since April 6th is Good Friday and Easter weekend, I will most likely be out of town all weekend. Once I know my availability for sure, I'll let you know.

Comment

Gotta love the MIU idea!

Just a bit of context for this idea comes from our goals as a guild. Despite the recent move to squads, you'll see us trying to keep squads in a reasonable balance with the guild at large. F'rinstance, the squads will continue to post workable strategies and information that are relevant for ANY groups tackling the instances. Additionally, we will be periodically have Mix It Up weeks when we intentionally put the squad identity/priority on the back burner to include any and all players to join the raiding fun.

Please take advantage of these weeks... broad participation will go a long way to keep this a priority for the guild. If you need some help on your Kharazan key quest, then this is the week to pursue that.

Keep the good stuff coming!:)
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

For the record: Crebis (aka Creorilara) is a nub!

Raid sign ups are limited to level 70 only.

Raid profiles are limited to level 60 only.

Saddly, no one is eligible to sign up for MIU week. :(
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

fixed, apo didn't fix the site. He went out of town before he could. Then we never brought it back up.

Comment

Ok, due to lackluster signups, I'm giving this thread a shameless bump. Go sign up. If you dont, I don't want to hear anybody complain about not getting to see Karazhan or not getting help to get Keyed (if you didn't take advantage of the help earlier in the week.

Who needs what for the Key process? this would be a good time to update your status and let us know how we as a guild might help you...

Comment

This is slightly off topic, but in the right spirit:

I'm new to TG, so I haven't had a chance to run with too many people yet. But I'd like to start getting the word out that my main, Saxen, is (or will be @ 70) a full protection spec warrior & is definitely looking to get in a Kara squad. Or at least serve as an alternate until enough squads form for me to be in one. I'd eventually like to be in a squad/raid leadership position but of course understand one earns one's stripes. In the meantime, I'll be participating in MIU weeks (though like other posters, will be away for the upcoming holiday weekend).

I'm PST (SF, CA) & can swing 2-3 hours x 2-3 times a week (marriage and career delimited, and I'll be frank that RL will always trump WoW). I have a regular 9-5pm (11-7 server) work schedule, so a start time after 8pm server is ideal for me. Friday nights are normally wide open for loooong trial and error sessions. I'm pretty good on the AH, so I don't sweat repair bills (don't quote me on that :)) & I have raid experience up to MC/Ony/ZG (on my priest + rogue, only 5-man +UBRS + ZG OT on Sax).

Like I said, just getting the word out. Dinged 68 last week and am 20% on to 69 now...
                  Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
                  Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
                  Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
                  Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Comment

I'd suggest Hitch's Squad if they have room or need a fill-in, which is possible. Your time frame fits that squad the best I would say. And this is not off-topic. This is exactly what MIU weeks are for. We need to get more people up and running for more squads for this to work. What we'll end up noticing is more things for more people...and this widely varied squad will be a ble to help the people that make it what it is.

Comment

Talara and I are currently hashing out the groups, based on current sign ups. We definitely need at least 1 more tank, 1 more DPS, and another healer of any sort (priest would be great to give each group 2 shackles, but not required).

I will post what we have once we have it figured out.
                      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Talara's Group:
                        Tanks: Talara, Beep
                        Healers: Illiana, Luna
                        Off Healer: Pistos
                        DPS: Shalt, Deleo, Shirokuma, Spikepunk

Need: 1 Priest (Talara's Request)

Sajier's Group:
                        Tanks: Delg
                        Healers: Sajier, Wintrow
                        Off Healer: Manny
                        DPS: Vondoom, Ricca, Tarenth, Valik

Need: 1 Tank and 1 DPS

| | |

Comment

Those that are on the list are guaranteed a spot, provided they show up in a timely manner. The "needs" of each group should be filled soon. I encourage any un-squadded individuals to sign up...heck, even some showing from Hitch's squad would be nice.

Comment

OFF HEALER?!

... ouch.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

As you know Manny, I define off healer as someone who will be doing things other than healing until asked to heal. You are going to be off tanking so bring that tank gear along with your healing gear :)

| | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X