Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafters rejoice!

From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30146591&sid=1

We have taken the time to put together a brief preview of the Profession changes for the upcoming content patch. This list does not contain all of the upcoming changes, but instead gives a brief look at what is to come.

Alchemy
    • Elixirs now stack in two categories, Battle (Offensive) and Guardian (Defensive) Elixirs. You can only have one of each type of Elixir up at a time. As a result Elixirs now stack with class abilities such as "Arcane Intellect."
    • Four new defensive elixirs have been added. Two are on trainers, one is in Halaa and one is in Cenarion Expedition.
    • "Flask of Petrification" can no longer be turned off during its duration, but it now will clear all threat from all monsters for the duration of the effect. Though monsters may reaquire you after the effect ends.
    • The cost to purchase Imbued Vials has been reduced.

Enchanting
    • Enchant Bracer-Spellpower had its primal costs reduced slightly.
    • Enchanting recipes that increase spell damage now also increase healing as well.
    • The "Major Defense Bracer" enchantment has been moved from Ethereum Researchers to Ethereum Nullifiers.

Engineering
    • A recipe for "Frost Grenades" and the "Icy Blasting Primers" needed to make them are now on engineering trainers.
    • Engineering recipes can now be placed in engineering bags, as can engineer made fireworks.
    • Many engineering recipes will now give skillups for longer than the previously did.
    • "Seaforium" now opens locked chests as well as locked doors
    • The Poultryizer and Nigh Invulnerability Belt now cause mishaps less often.
    • The Goblin Rocket Launcher cooldown has been reduced significantly.
    • 11 new epic goggles have been introduced at 350 engineering skill and are available from the trainer. They range from cloth to plate, and have a variety of stats to appeal to most talent specs.

Fishing
    • The fishing timer has been reduced from 30 to 20 seconds and it now takes less time to fish.
    • The fishing timer can no longer run through its duration without a fish biting.
    • Fishing has been removed from Arathi Basin and Alterac Valley.
    • You can now fish in Underbog.

Jewelcrafting
    • The jewelcrafting UI now has gems split up by color so it is easier to find gems of a specific color to create.
    • A number new gem cuts to existing gems have been added to the game. Included among them are a spell hit gem and more multi-stat gems that have attack power on them.
    • Jewelcrafters can make two new melee oriented meta gems. One is found randomly as a world drop and the other sold by the <Faction> reputation vendor.
    • Thorium requirements for most recipes has been reduced.
    • Prospecting now always yields at least 1 gem. Overall, the amount of gems received from prospecting has been increased.
    • New recipes have been added that use the Jaggal and Shadow Pearls.

Leatherworking
    • Skinning higher level creatures will give more leather; you will no longer get a single leather scrap.
    • "Knothide Armor" kits now require less leather to make and give skill increases for longer.
    • Leatherworking made primalstrike set now has an attack power set bonus rather than a strength set bonus.

Re: Crafters rejoice!

And they just killed a skinner/leatherworker's ability to make cash. More leather per mob means cheaper leather in the AH and thus will favor everyone EXCEPT leatherworkers. This will trickle down to decrease the cost of armor kits as well which was the "Plan B" for leatherworkers since the armor is usually made at a 'provide mats and tip' rate most of the time.

Also, what is up with Dragonscale leatherworking? Elemental has a rogue/feral druid and casting druid set. Dragonscale leatherworking has a shaman and shaman/hunter set and the hunter bonuses suck anyways. Much hate. :(
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Where is the <Faction> vendor? :)
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchins View Post
        From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30146591&sid=1

We have taken the time to put together a brief preview of the Profession changes for the upcoming content patch. This list does not contain all of the upcoming changes, but instead gives a brief look at what is to come.

Alchemy
        [*]Elixirs now stack in two categories, Battle (Offensive) and Guardian (Defensive) Elixirs. You can only have one of each type of Elixir up at a time. As a result Elixirs now stack with class abilities such as "Arcane Intellect."
        [*]Four new defensive elixirs have been added. Two are on trainers, one is in Halaa and one is in Cenarion Expedition.

They just killed my ability to solo...no more popping the 3-4 elixirs I use when I'm in feral gear.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

so...there are potions and elixirs...what are the ones that last 2 hours even through death?

Comment

Originally posted by orion808 View Post
            so...there are potions and elixirs...what are the ones that last 2 hours even through death?
            Hmmm...thought only "flasks" lasted through death...
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

You'll be able to have 1 flask buff (persists through death), 2 elixir buffs (1 offensive, 1 defensive), and chug potions when their cooldown permits.

Currently, there is no limit to the number of elixir buffs you can have.

Comment

ATM Flasks are considered elixirs.
                Also, during raids I can't double up on healing elixirs anymore, no more using Adepts Elixir and Elixir of Healing Power at the same time.
                Last edited by Iliana; 04-09-2007, 07:48 PM. Reason: I'm a noob and can't get them to link

Comment

Meh. Still nothing much for engineering, though the Seaforium Change is nice. Le'ts hope they add a new level of seaforium to make it useful though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post

And they just killed a skinner/leatherworker's ability to make cash. More leather per mob means cheaper leather in the AH and thus will favor everyone EXCEPT leatherworkers. This will trickle down to decrease the cost of armor kits as well which was the "Plan B" for leatherworkers since the armor is usually made at a 'provide mats and tip' rate most of the time.

Also, what is up with Dragonscale leatherworking? Elemental has a rogue/feral druid and casting druid set. Dragonscale leatherworking has a shaman and shaman/hunter set and the hunter bonuses suck anyways. Much hate. :(

QQ, Tarenth...

I won't remind you that Paladin Armorsmiths and weaponsmiths are getting hooped with expensive epic patterns that most of us can never use without sacrificing huge amounts of Int and other healy/spelldamage type stats.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I don't mind the LW change. I never sold leather anything for cash on the AH, so the more leather I can get in less amount of time for guild/squad purposes the better. I r happy.
                      Ninja

Comment

the seaforium change is HUGE.. i always expected them to work on chests and was very very angry when i found out they did not.
                        FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Actually C4 used to work on chests and they changed it because blacksmiths were saying there was no point to having keys if you could just C4 it.

Much saddness over the alchemy change I guess. No more massive number of pot buffs since you're just limited to 1 offensive and 1 defensive pot. I'm going to guess some pots will drop in favor because they will be a 'waste of a buff' when you can just down something better.
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

And Alchemy continues to change...

From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...40234401&sid=1

Flasks will occupy both the offensive and defensive elixir buff slots. You get to pick whether to use 1 flask or 2 elixirs...fewer consumables are supposed to be a good thing, we'll see.

Comment

Much hate over alchemy changes, even more since I'm Elixir Mastery. I swear Blizz makes me want to cause insane amounts of violent acts upon them and cause great bodily harm.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X