No announcement yet.

New content Patch Info.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New content Patch Info.

Taken from:

Looking for more information about the new profession changes, i found this, and linked it back, as it's another set of interesting upcomings for us all to look into.

The next content patch and the opening of the now defiled Black Temple, home of Illidan and his minions has long been known. However, the patch is also introducing a great deal of new solo and 5-person content as well, with new rewards, factions, outdoor bosses, and items. As weíre approaching the release of the patch we wanted to share a glimpse into some of the upcoming content that hadnít yet been confirmed for this next patch, or hadnít even been heard of until now.

Druid Epic Flight Form

The Druid Epic flight form will be available through a series of quests, similar to the Warlock and Paladin Epic mount quests before it. This quest series will also open up a new boss in Sethekk Halls, and ultimately to the epic flight form.

Ethereum Prison

Players in good standing with the Consortium will be tasked to deal with the most recent activities of the nefarious Ethereum. With new quests, items, and content for the solo and small-group level 70 player, the Ethereum Prison will be the proving grounds for many aspiring to greatness.

The Skyguard, Shaítari warriors specializing in their command of the skies above Shattrath, have taken the offensive directly to the Arakkoa capital city, Skettis. Perched high in the mountains of Terrokar, and only accessible with use of a flying mount, Skettis holds new and exciting content for the solo or small-group level 70 player. All new quests, 5-person bosses, rare and epic items, and a new type of flying mount await those willing to lend their sword or stave to the battle.

Nether Drake

The Netherwing faction and quest line continues and the long awaited Nether Drake becomes available. The Nether Drake is a special 280% speed epic flying mount that is obtainable through solo and small-group play. The quest to obtain one will be difficult, but the reward will surely show your dedication to the Netherwing cause as you soar through the skies of Outland on your very own ethereal drake.

The Ogre plateau of enlightenment opens to those who prove their worth in Bladeís Edge Mountains. Level 70 players will be able to help the Ogres of Ogriíla battle invading forces and engage in new and exciting quests, such as a repeatable and ever popular bombing-run, this time using your own flying mount but with a dangerous twist! Featuring tons of new quests, the Ogriíla faction, 5-person bosses, and rare and epic items, Ogriíla is a place weíre hoping all will aspire to enter.

Re: New content Patch Info.

WOOOT! Another ugly bird form for me!! I'm so getting a Netherdrake too :)

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Interesting. I heard that the Nether Drakes would be >280% speed. Guess that was just wishful thinking. Regardless, these are pretty cool additions. Looking forward to the new content, as always.

The ARMORED Netherdrake, which is the Arena finalist reward, has a 310% flight speed. They were going to make the netherdrake a lot more difficult to get then what they are going live with and also 310% speed, but it was determined to be too 'easy' to get something only the elite of the arena teams should get a hold of.

However there are hints that once you get a netherdrake you can do a very difficult and truely epic quest chain in order to upgrade it to the 310% fight speed. Its not certain if they're going through with it or how difficult it will be if they do it.

More Consortium rep oppertunities will always be great and I can't wait for that.

However I'm leery of how they're going to expand Skettis. Its actually a pretty small area with some 70-72 mobs in residence that I run the gauntlet with every time I try and fish up some crawdads. Its also curious as to what the new mount will look like. I'm tempted to do it just to have it. ^_^

Ogri'la is definately a shot out of the blue since I've never seen or heard of them anywhere in any of the quests. -.-
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

This is good news, indeed. As a non-PVPer, I welcome open content that is possible with small groups.

Information about new Darkmoon Faire trinkets, new graveyards, and new flightpaths in 2.1.0:

With the approach of the next content patch, we thought we would share a few more new additions with you.

Trinkets: New Darkmoon cards

You will now have the chance to find additional Darkmoon cards (Lunacy, Storms, Furies and Blessings) on high level creatures in Outlands, which you can turn in to the Darkmoon Faire to make powerful new Darkmoon card trinkets.

New Graveyards

Two new graveyards have been added to Blade's Edge Mountains.

New Flypaths

New flight points:
            Felwood, Emerald Sanctuary (Both)
            Ashenvale, Forest Song (Alliance)

New flight paths:
            Stormwind <-> Thorium Point
            Grom'gol Base Camp <-> Flame Crest
            Ratchet <-> Gadgetzan, Astranaar, Brackenwall Village
            Brackenwall Village <-> Ratchet, Camp Taurajo, Freewind Post
            Thunderbluff <-> Zoram'gar Outpost
            Evergrove <-> Toshley's Station
            Honor Hold <-> Shattrath

In addition, many flight paths have been adjusted to be shorter, faster flights.

It's about time they added a 2nd FP in Felwood, fat lot of good it will do any of us know but it's way overdue.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed