Comment here on the changes to your class in 2.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment here on the changes to your class in 2.1

If you haven't seen it yet, the first post-TBC content expansion patch, 2.1, is coming. The patch notes and PTR went up last night http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html.

The changes to warriors were pretty minor. Our charge/intercept/intervene talents will be unaffected by active slow debuffs (i.e. no more of those slo-mo intercepts) which buffs our coverage of the battlefield somewhat. This item

"Spell Reflection" no longer has a global cooldown.
    might get me to move SR to a more convenient hot key, but also doesn't really change when/how it gets used.

But I'm most curious to hear everyone's take on the changes to their own class... sounds like rogues are :) and holy pallies :( this morning...
    Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
    Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
    Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
    Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Re: Comment here on the changes to your class in 2.1

More nerfs for shadow, but I wasn't surprised. Last patch they nerfed VE and Aggro Reduction for shadow priests and everyone said, "well at least they didn't touch our damage" and this patch they directly nerf our damage by doubling the cooldown on SW:D and decreasing the effect of Shadowweaving from 15% extra to 10% extra damage. Really blows, but I can QQ or I can get busy getting over it.

Edit: Just realized the smiley that comes out when you type SW: D. Somehow that doesn't seem appropriate ;)
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Warrior enrage/Deathwish nerf kinda pissed me off, but I never really have both up at once

Shaman windfury was a blow to the nads I knew was coming

Flurry...grr...no point in nerfing that.

But yay! revenge does more damage! /sigh

Brought to you by General Mills... Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
      BY FIBER BE PURGED!! TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
      TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS

Comment

-Mangle 15% damage increase, but same threat overall.
        -Same ignoring of slowing effects while charging as warriors.
        -Nothing else of real importance...oh except, did I mention:

EPIC DRUID FLIGHT FORM

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Improved sap is NO MORE! Sap no longer breaks stealth, by default. I had a feeling it was coming, and now I'm really glad I didn't bother respeccing for it. :D :D :D :D

AND poisons no longer have charges. WOOT! New animation for mutilate should be cool too.

Totally psyched... :D
          Ninja

Comment

You know they released part 1 of the druid epic flight form quest right?
            Part 1: Buy Riding 300
            ^_^ I think I loled when I read that on the boards.

Hunter changes seem to have been rather mild. The Mend Pet to a HoT frees up the hunter from spaming the 6 second channel, but it also means that the heals will be slower and make soloing elites slightly harder. The removal of +healing to mend pet is both funny and sad. On the one hand they always said you could use shaman gear to increase some of your abilities to help out in certain instances. On the other hand watching the hunter solo Azur with +1400 healing was pretty damn cool.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'm...irked, by some of the mage changes.

The iceblock nerf...I could deal with the 30 second cooldown (i think a little shorter would be more appropriate, but still). But it still isnt' necessary. It's not like we can go ahead and keep performing while blocked..it's strictly defensive, and removes us from the fight. And it's a 5 minute cooldown...so it only applies to mages who used coldsnap to use it again...another talent, and a 10 minute cooldown. Shouldn't a 5 minute cooldown and a 10 minute cooldown used together be pretty significant? Maybe the problem isn't that mages are all speccing frost for iceblock in arena's because iceblock is too powerful, but because it's vitaly necessary?

The frostbite change i'm rather furious about. It's a talent, 15% proc triggered off a chill..applied by either a 2.5 second spell, or a 10 second cooldown instant with near melee range. It already only lasts 5 seconds. DR would make the second one last 2.5 seconds, and then 1.25, and then immune. This would be annoying, but livable.

What's wrong though, is that frostbite is sharing a DR with Frost nova and Freeze. This would be the only occurance of a proc and a controlled effect sharing a DR. This means that if my initial frostbolt procs frostbite, then my next nova will drop to 4 seconds. And after my elemental freezes...immunes. This is not acceptable. This would be the same function as making Mace spec or Seal of Justice procs cause DR with Hammer of Justice, with Kidney shot, Cheap Shot, with Concussion Blow. (to use faxmonkeys' comparison). Except on a spell that is absolutely essential to mage survival. Frostbite might actually hurt you as a frost mage now.

As for other changes...Arctic winds badly needed a buff, but it's still a lackluster, unfocused talent. More damage..but deep, expensive, and with a crappy sideeffect. Still...good to see it improved. The new rank of Ice Barrier will help, and was quite needed. The counterspell change is interesting...definilty a PvE buff, and arguable a PvP one as well..will make the talent stronger for sure.

Most of the rest was bugfixes, some, such as the water ele coming in with proper health and mana, and not just floating there sometimes, being very good.

Comment

I can't say the pally changes stress me out all that much.

But you know what DOES irk me? EPIC DRUID FLIGHT FORM. Where the heck is my pally mount quest? That's one of the big selling points they used when you created your pally/warlock. I'd like the opportunity to see a challenge like that again.

Guess I'll go for a netherdrake instead. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by luna View Post

But you know what DOES irk me? EPIC DRUID FLIGHT FORM. Where the heck is my pally mount quest? That's one of the big selling points they used when you created your pally/warlock. I'd like the opportunity to see a challenge like that again.

Heh. there does seem to be a quest apparently, they might be a starting point for engineers to build their own mount...still seems rather vague and unlikely, but that would be awesome.

Comment

The sap change is awesome and should really help a few rogue talent specs that were spending 7 points in subtlety just to get a little crowd control. Another good rogue change that I'm psyched about is the decrease in the glancing blow reduction. Not sure what the new percentage is yet, but should be a decent rogue dps boost.

Comment

Yeah, Aeryck... the glancing blow change is pretty big. Keep in mind though that it'll be a general melee dps buff, not just rogues. It's a good change for groups in general, but it doesn't separate us from the melee pack (i.e. feral druids, dps warriors).

One other pretty damn significant change that hasn't been mentioned is the elimination of the 360 degree cleaves! That's absolutely HUGE for rogues (and, again, any non-tank melee class), and it really increases our viability in heroics/raids. To this point we've been pretty big heal sinks because we take massive amounts of damage even if we don't have aggro, so it just didn't make much sense to take melee classes when groups could get similar dps out of ranged classes who wouldn't be taking these huge random hits for no reason.

Can't wait for these changes.
                      Ninja

Comment

Screw the epic druid flight form! I want a Nether Ray and Netherdrake mount!

w00t! I get to fly on a floating blob!
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Luna...

We're losing our free heals...

In the patch, Paladins no longer get 100% mana back from Crit heals. Due to Paladins inability to have huge mana pools without sacrificing other stats, (such as armor, spell crit, spell damage +healing), and because our heals are NOT conservative in their mana costs, Holy paladins are basically getting the wind knocked out of them as far as their viability as efficient, low aggro healers.
                          The nerf isn't breaking us entirely, but as of now, We're spending 5 talent points for a 100% chance to get the base mana cost of our healing spellback, If we crit (around 750 mana per big heal, and 200 mana for a little heal.). Holy paladins do have a high chance to crit with our holy light, and flash of light, but it costs us around 10 talent points to get to about a 15% increased chance to crit on holy light/flash of light, (without factoring in items and intellect.) So while we're still able to get 50% of our mana back from crit heals, this WILL affect our ability to heal in long fights, (keeping in mind that our mana is used for more than just healing, unlike priests... We need to bless, judge, and occassionally do some form of damage to save squishies.)
                          Not to mention the fact that we're STILL going to be spending 5 talent points on a talent that gives us this diminished Mana return... And, to make it better, those 5 talent points are sitting smack dab in the middle of a talent fork that most of us healing paladins need to use to be able to reach the last tier of our holy tree.

Again, we're not broken entirely, but it's going to hurt us.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I'm speechless....Maybe you should read this link from the forums so you have a clue about the changes to your class.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...96120899&sid=1
                            Lub it on!!!

Comment

Man reading the forums really can get a person down...

Even though I'm not a big fan of the QQ-ing there it is disappointing when a Blue posts ASKING for feedback and 3 days go by with 17 pages of player responses in that thread (many constructive, some not so much) and not one blue response.

EDIT: The thread I was referring to is in the Priest forums, not the one listed above by Yotion.
                              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X