This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye TG

It became quite obvious tonight that I am too irritable and impatient, nor have the time to play this game properly. So this time I deleted Arvid.

See ya around.

Re: Bye TG

I know nothing of the WoW community, but I'm sad to see any member of Tactical Gamer leave. Goodbye and good luck.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I think it's sad that this is the second time I've felt the need to interject to the WoW community about seeing another TG memeber leave (leave me negative rep as you see fit...I really don't care who's girlfriend you are) in order to say that I feel any ostracization of any sort is totally outside the standards that we at TacticalGamer uphold, UNLESS you are totally beligerent to our way of gaming. I don't know the details, but knowing the WoW community I'm sure there's plenty of drama to be involved here. I'm sure the resulting details will ensue...while personally I'll wish WoW was never considered a TG title.
      | | |

Comment

Sorry to see you go Arvid !! And by the way if you decide you want to play for what ever reason blizzard will give you back your toon if you want..Hint hint..Good luck dude
        Candrice 63 Warrior
        Ricca 70 Rogue
        Machelle 70 Mage
        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
          I think it's sad that this is the second time I've felt the need to interject to the WoW community about seeing another TG memeber leave (leave me negative rep as you see fit...I really don't care who's girlfriend you are) in order to say that I feel any ostracization of any sort is totally outside the standards that we at TacticalGamer uphold, UNLESS you are totally beligerent to our way of gaming. I don't know the details, but knowing the WoW community I'm sure there's plenty of drama to be involved here. I'm sure the resulting details will ensue...while personally I'll wish WoW was never considered a TG title.
          I think you are way off on this one...
          Candrice 63 Warrior
          Ricca 70 Rogue
          Machelle 70 Mage
          Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Ricca View Post
            I think you are way off on this one...
            You might be right, but I've had a lot to drink tonight. And beers bring out my emotions. Emotions bring out my love. My love..partially..goes to TG. And I've seen a lot of people leave out of your group and I don't even partake in it.
            | | |

Comment

Dog,
              TG WoW has undergone a lot of transition since the expansion. The new material doesn't take as many people in one instance as the older stuff. The restructure fit the hardcore players together and left the non-hardcore players out on a limb. Many have left due to this restructure, as TG was a casual gaming guild in the WoW community, yet now the casual have been left out.
              That accounts for many who have left, but Arvid was a different issue unique to him. I personally use the /ignore command in the face of such incidents.
              Anahlahna and Friends

Comment

Originally posted by Anah View Post
                I personally use the /ignore command in the face of such incidents.
                Sorry, I really have to laugh at this one. If you think one chat incident would cause me to throw off a 50 day played character, you don't know anything about me. You'd be one to call me Av-rid instead of Ar-vid. I really take offense to that comment. If you go back and read the thread I posted in February where I took my first leave, you might start to understand why I've taken this move.

But let me lay it out in plain text:

1. The general population of WoW who wishes to raid/end-game generally plays during primetime (unless you're Aussie). I am not capable of playing in this time frame.

2. I am not a hard core player, and will not devote time over other social events, especially granting that I currently have one day a week off, and it often gets pre-empted in the face of techicial emergencies, either at my cafe or at my data center.

3. In the last week I attempted to run 2 party instances in an attempt to "catch up" to the crew, and in both cases I left the group hanging because I had to attend to customers in the cafe. That is not fair to anyone. The same thing happened when I "quit" in March.

4. This game is an addiction, plain and simple. When given an oppourtunity to work or play, I play, and I shouldn't play.

5. Tonight was another attempt to get a group going, and while out in said group, trying to communicate with many people, a guild chat spam flew out and my first reaction was gquit. Sure, ignore works. Sure, filtering works. Sure, guild chat turn-off works too and I was GREATLY informed of this by at least a dozen people, in various levels. Everything from "helpful" tones to "you're a ****ing idiot Arvid". Not exact words, but pretty damn close. I'm not naming names, you know who you are.

And when I spelt out in GC that fine, I was an idiot, can we drop it now, I got even more whispers. At that point I just stopped replying.

That incident combined with everything else was enough to make me reconsider my return to WoW, and thus my decision was made.

The game's not fun anymore, why play it? So it's done. To those of you who have the time to play and enjoy the game, all the power to you. I'm focused on killing myself as a young entrepreneur, and maybe when I retire at 40 I can look back and laugh... and then make a new character.

And no, I'm not going to ask for my character back. If I were to return, it would be from the beginning.

To those of you who know me, and have shown your concern, I thank you. To those of you who have nothing but harsh comments and sarcasm, I wish you well in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvid View Post
                  Sure, ignore works. Sure, filtering works. Sure, guild chat turn-off works too and I was GREATLY informed of this by at least a dozen people, in various levels. Everything from "helpful" tones to "you're a ****ing idiot Arvid". Not exact words, but pretty damn close. I'm not naming names, you know who you are.

First of all there shouldnt have been guild spam like that but that im sure it wont happen again..

Second what kind of a guildie is gonna call another guildie a ****ing idiot thats just uncalled for and not acceptable..and lucky for you Arvid isnt giving names out....
                  Last edited by Ricca; 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM.
                  Candrice 63 Warrior
                  Ricca 70 Rogue
                  Machelle 70 Mage
                  Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Originally posted by Ricca View Post
                    First of all there shouldnt have been guild spam like that but that im sure it wont happen again..

Second what kind of a guildie is gonna call another guild a ****ing idiot thats just uncalled for and not acceptable..and lucky for you Arvid isnt giving names out....
                    Very.. I rarely play WoW these days but I would log on and remove that player from the guild and TG in a heartbeat. That type of behavior is not tolerated at all.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Arvid, I'm truly sorry to see you go, but I also understand your explanation and the choice you have made. You have my support for doing what makes sense for you.

We'll miss your humor and your outrageous jokes, and you'll have a guild home should you decide in the future to enter the black hole of time known as WoW.
                      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Arvid. I think you should consider another game. WoW takes too much time to play. Get into one of the other games here at TG and stay among the community. Every gamer needs their fix, and TG is more than willing to supply it.

As for the wow community alienating people...seriously, pay attention a little better or jump in our TS channel on the bottom of the server. We try hard, but it isn't as easy when there are issues like class balance that make you need 1-player over another. I can't flip to a medic on the next round. I miss this. WoW requires a commitment, and with it, time. Respectfully, think before you speak. We've tried extremely hard to make a "big tent" style of inclusion work. I say this personally, as I was the Guild's Leader for a year. Atomic Dog, if you wish to learn more than you know, PM me, or better yet, honestly try to survive in this game. Invest the time and join our guild.

Comment

Sorry to see you go man. Good luck with the cafe and all your future endevours. Make sure you find some kind of fun game to blow some steam off every now and then.
                          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Arvid,

I wish you the best of luck with your personal endeavors. You're working very hard in RL to get your business off the ground and I have the utmost respect for your ambitions.

I do hope that when RL settles down, you will return to see us again.

As for people whispering nasty things to you, I hope you will send me a PM with some names. I am disappointed that anyone here would have that sort of an attitude with you. I realize your reaction last night was isolated, and I realize also that incidents like guild chat spam are incredibly rare. As you know, we gagged the person right away, and it was understood as to why the gag was in place. We do our best to react quickly when behavior is out of line, even though the behavior was intended to be humorous.

AtomicDog,

There is nothing resembling beligerence of ostracization occuring here. Real life schedules are at issue, and unfortunately, we cannot as a guild remedy issues that are outside of our realm of influence. Arvid's real life demands are at odds with his ability to play.

I welcome your comments and concerns regarding the guild, but I take offense to your hostile attitude. You yourself say you have never once played with us, and openly noted that you do not know the details of the incident. All the while, you wish we were never a part of TG? How is THAT the kind of attitude that TG upholds? I find your tone and aggression to be the antithesis of what it means to be a part of this fine community.

If you have a problem with the way something is being handled within TG, as the TG SOP's clearly state, you PM an officer. Your approach here is totally outside of the standards that you would like us to live up to.

Comment

Arvid, man sorry to hear. you hit the big Seven-Oh and ready for the big-uns. though i hope you realise you are dropping the Canadian presence down a notch (hehe). Though i am quite saddened, i have found the new changes really help someone who is casual(i myself do not get to play much at all anymore due to school and work commitments) since alot of the content is quest/5man. though i think you would still need to watch the choosing wow over work thing.. i am guilty of that as well... hmm WoW or Assignment....Take care and if you feel up to it come back or just say hi on the forums.. we always need good tanks.. and friends.
                              FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X