• Show
Clear All

• Gold and Epics!! (for a price)

Dont know if this is true or not but here goes:

http://www.dailygaming.net/index.php...rticle&sid=208

LA

Re: Gold and Epics!! (for a price)

Very interesting indeed.

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

I hope and wish this is a joke, but saddly realize its too good of a business move for Blizzard to pass up. If there is a market then they might as well exploit it and get their share of the profits as well. However, this will have an impact on the higher midlevel player and may serve to drive people away out of WoW.

Seriously, if they increase the price of NPC goods by 40% (think reputation goods, ammo, food, repairs, trade items) then people who don't buy gold will be forced to put in more time and effort in order to make ends meet or get that shiney epic flying mount if they don't want to shell out the extra cash to do so.

Though I'm interested to see if they put any safeguards on the system to prevent small children playing with their parent's Credit cards from maxing them out due to purple greed. ^_^
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Completely fake.

Comment

That's.... just wrong... so wrong. Getting Rid of gold farmers = yay... being blizz gold seller = boo..... though i still think gaviin could undercut Blizzard for gold selling... if he wanted to.
          FOR THE DICKENS!!!

Comment

This is the first I've seen of this link (so if its already been proven fake, just ignore me). But this is obviously a hoax.

First off, -no- Blizzard employee would ever say "No Chinese farmer can out-farm an NPC..." They would get roasted so hard by the politically correct crowd its not even funny. Bliz has always been on the complete opposite end of that spectrum - to the point of being hyper-sensitive. You can stop reading right there because that is clearly fake.

Secondly, a policy like this is an act of desperation. It's not without precedent, as Sony has been offering this in EQ2 for some time. But even they (sleezy as they are), doing everything they can to retain their tiny percent of MMO market share, have heavily restricted it. It is limited to only a few servers, and thus doesn't contaminate the rest of the game. Considering how well WoW and Blizzard are doing... I would hardly say they're desperate. The resources they spend on halting gold-farming is nothing compared to GM support. A move like this would save pennies & cost dimes.

And last... theres so many holes in that article its pathetic.

Comment

Again, that story is completely fake, do not believe it. Just go read some of the other WoW stories that website has posted (http://www.dailygaming.net/index.php...atid=&topic=5). Some of them include "Blizzard to Institute Spelling and Grammar Testing for All Players", "New U.S. Scholarship Programs Aim to Stop Brain Drain to Azeroth", "French Doctors Claim Face Transplants Could Soon Help Warcraft Priest Victims", and "10 Warcraft Idiots Die in Tragic Roflcopter Crash". At the very bottom of the website it says "Believe what you read here at your own risk." And in the title bar for that website it says "Seriously Satirical".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X