Useful Macros

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useful Macros

Automatically chooses to use your Flying Mount when possible, and your Regular Mount when not in Outlands. It will not show an error message like some macros. It is also a dismount button if already mounted. Enjoy.

Code:
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /use [outdoors,nomodifier:ctrl] Swift Green Gryphon
    /use [outdoors] Reins of the Striped Frostsaber
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    Anybody have any others?

Re: Useful Macros

Very nice Orion.

Level 80 Warrior
    Level 74 Priest

Comment

wth, where did that sponsor thing come from??

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

keep it on topic zedd...post useful macros...

(as for the sponsor line of google ads, not there atm...I was wondering the same thing. I really hate having links to gold buying and such in our forums. Very tacky and not like TG. FYI: gold buying in WoW is frowned upon.)

Comment

As a lot of people know, I used Clique to do my healing. One of the great things it allows you to do is build custom macros into your click heals. This is what I use for my GH and Flash Heal:

/use [item]Lower City Prayerbook[/item] (no brackets, just using item tag so people see the item I am using)
          /cast Greater Heal (or Flash Heal)

This will always use my LCP if its available which dramatically improves my trinket usage because I don't have to think about it. As the prayerbook is on a 1 minute cooldown and decreases mana usage for 15 seconds, its a great thing to use every time it pops in a boss fight.
          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Here is a link to a post that Pistos made in the Defiant Squad forums of an excellent CC macro. It is written for Shackle, but can easily be updated for Sheeping as well.

It uses the 'focus' feature for targeting, meaning you can set your focus to the specific mob you are CCing and recast your CC spell on that focus without changing targets. So you no longer need to worry about frantically trying to target the mob that just broke CC while he runs to pwn you. There is code in there to set a raid target icon above the mob you are CCing, but that will only work if you are group leader or assist. The macro will still work regardless, but someone else might have to put the raid symbol up.

You click the macro to set your focus on a mob and the focus will stay until that mob dies or you right-click or shift-click the macro again.

I love this thing....
            70 Priest

Comment

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my trinkets since I can never remember to use them. Do you just add numbers afterwards to assign rank or will it always be the highest?

Code:
              #showtooltip Greater Heal 1
              /use [item]Vengeance of the Illidari[/item]
              /cast Greater Heal 1
              Code:
              #showtooltip Super Healing Potion
              /use [button:1] Super Healing Potion
              /use [button:2] Super Mana Potion
              Code:
              #showtooltip Call Pet
              /cast [button:1] Call Pet
              /cast [button:2] Dismiss Pet
              Code:
              #showtooltip Aspect of the Cheetah
              /cast [button:1] Aspect of the Cheetah
              /cast [button:2] Aspect of the Pack
              Code:
              #showtooltip Mend Pet
              /cast [button:1] Mend Pet
              /cast [button:2] Dismiss Pet
              Something I'm also playing around with doing is:
              Code:
              #showtooltip Steady Shot
              /use [item]Abacus of Violent Odds[/item]
              /cast Rapid Fire
              /cast Steady Shot
              That would start the machine gunner firing sequence which lets me fire 2 shots every 1.5 seconds for 600-700 (1200-1500 crit). Nice little bump in DPS if I do say so myself, but I might have to spec into Rapid Killing to make it more effective with 3 min rapid fire (which I almost never use) and a 2 minute trinket (which I keep forgetting about).

Code:
              #shottooltip Arcane Shot
              /use [item]Bladefist's Breadth[/item]
              /cast Arcane Shot
              Code:
              #showtooltip Aimed Shot
              /use [item]Bladefist's Breadth[/item]
              /cast Aimed Shot
              Just because I'm always forgetting to blow that 2 minute cooldown on my trinkets.

And of course, just to be REALLY lazy...

Code:
              #showtooltip Conjured Glacier Water
              /use [button:1] Conjured Glacier Water
              /use [button:2] Conjured Croissant

Basically I'm playing around with macroing things so I can cut down on bar space when I use them. I know there are modifiers for Shift and Control, but I haven't a clue what they are so I haven't used them yet.

Is it bad that I made all these up while in Karazhan?
              My sanity is not in question...
              It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                Do you just add numbers afterwards to assign rank or will it always be the highest?
                Leaving it blank will default to the highest rank spell. To specify a rank, you need to type it as it appears in your spell book, spaces and all.

i.e. Greater Heal(Rank 4)
                70 Priest

Comment

Ahhh...maybe I should just shift click it and not even bother with typing anymore. That also seems to work, but I wasn't paying attention to what was going in.

About the trinketing macros though. What happens if the trinket is still on cooldown? Will it skip the use part and go straight to the casting or error out on the use?

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Code:
                    /cast Greater Heal()
                    /cast Greater Heal (Rank 3)
                    the first will cast the max, the second will cast a specific rank. You used to have to specify the rank...not anymore if you are just needing the max.

EDIT: Sorry. I'm at work and didn't realize others posted ahead of me...duplicate post.
                    Last edited by orion808; 04-24-2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintrow View Post
                      Here is a link to a post that Pistos made in the Defiant Squad forums of an excellent CC macro. It is written for Shackle, but can easily be updated for Sheeping as well.
                      Just a note - I didn't make it as much as find it. Wintrow and I had been discussing something like this the night before during Kara so I did a little snooping around. But I love it, makes any fight where I have to shackle so much easier. I would definitely recommend giving it a try for polymorph too. Trust me it will be worth the few minutes of making the macro.
                      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

For polymorphing, I use:

/castrandom [target=focus, exists] polymorph, polymorph: pig

I have my focus target and target focus set to Shift+T, and Ctrl+T respectively, but you can easily merge this one with Pistos's example if you don't want to use keybinds for the focusing. Once i get turtle, i'll add that to the random as well :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                          About the trinketing macros though. What happens if the trinket is still on cooldown? Will it skip the use part and go straight to the casting or error out on the use?
                          The spell will still cast just fine if the trinket is on cooldown, but you'll get annoying error spam that "That item is not ready" or something. If you look up at Orion's mount macro, the first and last lines exist to filter out error messages. I haven't tried it with a trinket macro like you proposed, but I believe that if you wrap those lines around the code you have, it should suppress the errors and still work just fine. The only thing to worry about is the 255 character limit; those 2 lines are mighty verbose in the character department, leaving little left for the meat of your macro....
                          70 Priest

Comment

I tried it and noticed two very glaring problems.

1) While it supressed the TEXT errors, I'd still get the verbal "That item is not ready yet" or "Its still recharging".
                            2) Alt-Cast to self cast is disabled with a macroed spell. So casting a sequence on yourself means either scripting it in (I hit 205 characters with the anti-error lines) or going natural

Took a look at the 'shackle macro' discussed above and posted in that thread about it. Might as well add this tid-bit as well from that same post:

Code:
                            #showtooltip Scorpid Sting
                            /clearfocus [target=focus,dead] 
                            /clearfocus [target=focus,noexists] 
                            /focus [target=focus,noexists]
                            /cast [button:2] Scorpid Sting
                            /cast [button:1,target=focus] Scorpid Sting
                            Would this work for a hunter version to keep Scorpid sting on something that's nasty and hits hard?
                            Last edited by Tarenth; 04-25-2007, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Some of my warrior macros:

I spam this one at the start of each fight:
                              Code:
                              /castsequence reset=6 Shield Slam, Sunder Armor, Sunder Armor
                              I spam this one all the time:
                              Code:
                              /cast Revenge
                              /cast Shield Block
                              I spam this one once 5 sunders are up:
                              Code:
                              /castsequence reset=6 Shield Slam, Devastate, Devastate
                              The advantage of these macros is that I Shield Slam and Revenge every time it is up. The macro will also hold off sundering or devastating until a shield slam happens, so I don't use rage on abilites that do less threat. By using these macros, I upped my threat generation by about 150 per second, allowing each DPS to up their DPS by 150/sec.

I also use an Intervene macro so I don't have to target a player, but if I have a player targeted, it still works:
                              Code:
                              /cast [help] Intervene; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X