Wanting to form a new squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to form a new squad

OK...I'm willing to try to organize a new squad for those who are interested. I think there should be enough people to get this done, though the first priority would be finding healers.

According to the Armory, TG has 112 level 70's at the moment. That includes 9 priests, 18 paladins, 12 druids and 3 shamans. Although not all of those 42 are specc'd to be primary healing we may be able to find a couple who are specc'd for healing and are not yet squadded. So far 3 squads have been formed with about 16 members in each. That leaves about 64 lvl 70 char's...among those maybe a 10th, at the very most I think, may be alts of people already squadded. That leaves about 57 people who should be available to fill out a group and probably achieve class balance.

I would like to get some feedback from those who are interested in helping get this started. I think we should form a squad that has enough group size and flexibility in scheduling when to raid Kara so that we could have both some prime time and late night guildies in the group. We might have one night that starts a raid at 8pm and another night that starts around 9:30. We should take time to help those that are not quite 70 or not completely finished with the key quests but want to join the squad to get them up to speed. Please PM me, post in this thread or PST me in game if you would like to help organize this.

Re: Wanting to form a new squad

My initial list for the 4th squad was:

Tanks:
    Saxen
    (Hitch-left guild recently)

Off-Tanks:
    Yoddea
    Uglyduck

Healer:
    Kedera
    Auradin

Off-Healers:
    Itharr (Now on Illidan)
    Takoda

DPS:
    Derria
    Auraind
    Morrick
    Jest
    Fangruul

Now this list obviouly shows the need for another tank (maybe Takoda or Yoddea want to step up to tank) and another healer or so. With those additional 3-4 people, it puts the squad up to 15-16 which is what our other squads have found as a nice working number.

Also, I understand some classes flex back and forth, so Off-Healers and Off-Tanks are of coarse doing something other than healing until the tim arises (like a boss fight or a nasty trash mob).
    Last edited by orion808; 05-05-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Itharr is now part of Illidan.
      Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Itharr is now in Illidan. Otherwise, that looks like a solid group with excellent players! I hope you guys really do form up- that list is rather promising.

I know Yoddea has been playing LotR lately, but I hope he will return to WoW soon!

Comment

Yoddea?

Never heard of him, lol.

Comment

Takoda, Fangruul and I decided to join up with Jest yesterday. However, as a feral spec druid, Takoda isn't an off-healer. So, we will definately need some more healing help then just me :)

Comment

I have a pretty descent tanking gear started and its getting better slowly. Right now I'm at a little over 18.5k armor and 14.5k hps with 415 defense. I would be happy to tank or off tank for this new squad. Off-healing would be a scary sight with a 4500 mana pool. =p

This is Takoda btw :)
              Last edited by Kailes; 05-07-2007, 10:12 AM. Reason: clarify who the hell I am

Comment

Wow Takoda, what's your Dodge/Crit/AP with that gear setup? 14.5K HP (Selfbuffed) is a ton. o.O

Comment

14.5K is with Ked's fort buff, Ill check tonight what my dodge is at or I'll log out in my tanking gear so you can check my armory page.

Comment

Between work and some WoW-exhaustion I haven't been on lately, and so Sax is still on the cusp of 70 (rested XP rest of the way). I'm definitely interested in a tanking role in the squad -- I can't wait to respec full protection (keeping DPS gear in my bags of course). I'm PST, so the times sound perfect for me.

Jest, I'll look for you in game but I wanted to post so you'll keep me in mind. I can be a definite for two nights a week, and can rotate nights as needed as long as I have some advance notice to manage RL commitments.

I'm happy to help organize, schedule and keep the forum going (AAR reports etc); I've also a fair amount of raid experience so am happy to help with tactics. I've lead raids as a healer but never as a tank so not sure how well that would work (if you're even looking for someone for that role).

Long story short, though, let's talk on vent soon.
                    Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
                    Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
                    Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
                    Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I've been asking around in guild from the list that Orion posted and have received positive responses from the following people. Here is how it has shaped up so far:

Tanks:
                      Takoda
                      Quarius
                      Saxen

Off-Tanks:
                      UglyDuck

Healer:
                      Kedera
                      Hawkclaw

Off-Healer:
                      ?

DPS:
                      Auraind
                      Greylion
                      Fangruul
                      Wisperwynd
                      Jest

Our biggest need at the moment is for healers still. Please point some our way if you think they might have an interest in this. It would be nice to see some paladins or shammies too, as well as more caster dps.

I'm still thinking of a name for the squad and working on the charter. I'll fill you in as it comes along.
                      Last edited by Jest; 05-08-2007, 01:10 AM. Reason: added Hawkclaw

Comment

Now that we have 11 people I have written a squad charter up in the thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-w...-charters.html.

We are shooting for an end size of 15 members. The remaining 4 spots should go to (2 Off-Healers) and (2 Caster DPS). Would especially like to see some pallies, shammies, shadow priests or locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                          Now that we have 11 people I have written a squad charter up in the thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/world-w...-charters.html.

We are shooting for an end size of 15 members. The remaining 4 spots should go to (2 Off-Healers) and (2 Caster DPS). Would especially like to see some pallies, shammies, shadow priests or locks.
                          Unfortunately, we only have 3 level 70 shammies. Two are enhance specs, and the third, which is resto is mine, so I don't think we'll have much luck findng an off-healer there

Comment

Awesome. Wish you well in there. I'll try to contact some of my healing friends and see if they need a new guild...lol

Comment

We really could use at least one more priest for shackles too if we can find one

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X