TG Rewind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Rewind

Okay, I'm fairly certain most all of you are now convinced that I'm insane, with the Hammer thing and everything. So, to seal the deal, I would like to introduce you to my 3rd pet WoW project, "TG Rewind".

TG Rewind is essentially that, TG taking a few steps backwards.

This past weekend I had asked Sajier to post a Raid for Molten Core scheduled for Sunday Afternoon. I invite all who are able to come, to come! For the most part, We're not going to get epics, but what's stopping us from taking em anyways?

I'm concerned about a few things. New Content is constantly coming, but I definately do not feel right even thinking about things like that. For the most part, many players have not seen BWL, AQ40, Naxxramas, and other Raid typed events that were so cruicial for Guild success in the past.

My Goal is to bring us back a few steps, Give the entire guild the opportunity to experience this content that we've never experienced together -- There is SO much stuff we're passing by.

I'll tell you now, I'm not really going to get phat lewts from these dungeons, and I really don't care if that's what you're signing up for, that's completely fine with me, all I care about is that if you come along.... you have fun during it.

I want to put an emphasis on the guild, I would prefer not having to ask outsiders to come along, at least not for a while. Since it has been such a long time since most of us have done MC, that is where we're starting. But I want it to be known, The goal of this gathering will be to go through content --all of it. I fully intend to get groups going through Blackwing Lair, AQ40, and Naxxramas (I'm still not even attuned to Naxx)

This guild has changed alot since the last time Ragnaros fell to our combined strength. I want to ensure people here have not forgotten the tactics used in Molten Core, and I want to reinforce them again. It's going to be easier now? Probably, but I want to see that the strength is still there. I want to build upon it in Blackwing Lair, and beyond.

There is a progression to these Raid Instances, and I intend to follow this progression. The first night we take Down Ragnaros again (Ideally, Sunday!!) I'm going to poll the raid to find out what we do next. If you guys want to run MC again, Absolutely! Do I want that to happen? No, not really. I'd like to experience this content quickly. But I also don't want any pushing to happen. We will not skip any boss regardless of where we "were". If we got there before, we can get there again, and it should be a piece of cake, so there's no point arguing it. If we're not ready, we're not ready. I don't believe it will take long for people to know if we're ready or not.

I am prepared to help you all see what we missed before. I want to see it too! It will hopefully only be a day or two with a group like this before we're ready to try our hands at Blackwing Lair. And hopefully not long after that before we're all back in Silithus again before the gates of Ahn'Quiraj, and finally Naxxramas.

I want TG to have the heads of all the respective bosses of those instances under their belt, in addition to those new raids in Outland and beyond. There is no reason, in my mind, that we shouldn't. I know we're tough enough for that.

Join me and my friends in experiencing these encounters. Learn from them!! I guarantee that it will help with the encounters of Gruul's Lair, and The Black Temple ultimately. Come for the fun! The fun is there, I promise you that. And there's alot of fun we don't know even exists yet.

Lets take a step back and go after it.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: TG Rewind

I'm going to have to dust off my Onyxia scale cloak when we get ready for BWL. ^_^

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing AQ40 and Naxx, however I think I can do without MC since towards the ending days of us hitting that instance I do believe I was falling asleep more times than not.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
      I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing AQ40 and Naxx, however I think I can do without MC since towards the ending days of us hitting that instance I do believe I was falling asleep more times than not.
      That's understood, and I've heard this before. But I'm not going to be skipping anything, including MC. Once we get past Ragnaros again, we don't have to ever go back.

I really wanna get into AQ40 and Naxx too, but I figure we're starting with a fresh slate so we start at the beginning. Past accomplishments mean nothing except a bit of an edge up on the mobs because we know what we're doing.
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

There are so many great enchants in AQ40 that I think we could still benefit from, I for one am excited!

|TG-Defiant| - It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you.

Comment

Sounds interesting... I'd love to see Naxx. And I've been talking to people here and there about doing some AQ40 just so we can get some of those enchants. MC obviously a little less interested in but I can completely see the logic in starting "from the beginning" so to speak.

/digs around for my [item]Eternal Quintessence[/item].
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

This sounds pretty exciting to me. I'm always one for nostalgia and echo the sentiments of wanting to see the content that we missed back in Azeroth.
            Last edited by Wintrow; 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM.
            70 Priest

Comment

I am totally into the idea of going back and seeing the content we never got to. But Vin, MC? You will be the death of me, I swear it!

I cannot make an afternoon due to familial obligations. That said, I would go if we could get a group together in the evening... PREFERABLY for BWL and higher.... *hint hint*

Comment

I would like to go to all these as well ...Good that we have some that still want to do it..Im with Luna that early i cant make it but ill hit the next one..
                Candrice 63 Warrior
                Ricca 70 Rogue
                Machelle 70 Mage
                Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Good luck with this. I'm leaving for a two week vacation starting this Friday, May 18, so I will not be around for slap-and-tickle with the old WoW mobs.

It does sound like fun, though.:)
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Sounds fun and I have no problem running even MC but I would like to see it done in record time. besides I never got my giantstalker chest, Only piece I needed to complete the set. Never had a full set before I might as well finish it before I sell it off to make room in my bank....lol
                    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

this sounds like fun to me...i've been wanting to do this for awhile...to break the tedium of the new content and experience stuff we haven't had the chance to do in the past...there may be no experience gained and and some useless items to us, but not to sound weird i kinda miss doing the old raids. even Zul'grub (not sure if i spelled that right)

Comment

Originally posted by baylord View Post
                        this sounds like fun to me...i've been wanting to do this for awhile...to break the tedium of the new content and experience stuff we haven't had the chance to do in the past...there may be no experience gained and and some useless items to us, but not to sound weird i kinda miss doing the old raids. even Zul'grub (not sure if i spelled that right)
                        Actually, 7 of us Defiant folks went into ZG the other day and made a B-line to Bloodlord to get Delg his head enchant. Very enjoyable and didn't have any problems burning through there. The toughest part was getting people to still respect the mobs and controlling aggro. Plus, we still got rep for the kills!! Only like 1 rep for trash, but rep nonetheless!
                        70 Priest

Comment

Just so it's clear... I'm up for anything, as long as we've made it to that point already. If people want to do ZG (Turtle Polymorph, Voodoo doll enchants) Heck, why not?

These are all bushes ripe for picking. Let's go get it!

MC should ideally be a one day few hour event. Then we can go to BWL Luna. I'm sorry you hate it so much, but I'm sticking to my guns here. MC first. BWL shortly, aq and naxx, however fast you guys wanna go through the content.
                          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I just signed up. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for putting this together, Shalt. I think it'll be a good time. :)
                            Ninja

Comment

As much as i'd love some extra naptime on Sunday, I won't be able to join you guys in MC this weekend, as i'm working till 5. :(

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X