General and class specific etiquette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General and class specific etiquette

Ok I have some general questions about general etiquette in PUGS and class etiquette.

1. What is a Hunters roll in a group instance/raid? I don't think Hunters can tank so what do they do in these type scenarios?

2. What is proper etiquette when in a PUG group instance for magic? Does everyone use the roll technique? Do you use the Greed/Need roll?Which is the proper way?

3. Is there any right or wrong way to ask for people to join up for a group instance? If I am unfamiliar with a specific instance how do I ask for someone to take the lead if I am asking to form the group? Is it right to mention that I am new to the game when asking for people to group?

Thanks for any advice
    sigpic

Re: General and class specific etiquette

lol ok im not a hunter but ill give it a shot

1st.. if your in a position where the warrior is dead and the healer is soon behind him feign until the rest of party dies and then get up..OK thats what id do..

2..Hunter can use everything so need it all...
    3. Just invite them to a party and if they dont join just whisper them nice and tell them that you hope they die in a fire..

LOL OK TG its time to laugh !!!

PS do not do this
    Candrice 63 Warrior
    Ricca 70 Rogue
    Machelle 70 Mage
    Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Ok the real post!!!

1.. fight till your party is dead and if you cant kill the last dudes then feign
      2. Our general rule is if you need it then roll need if you cant use it or need it then roll greed and if you win an item then pass on the next one unless you can use, that way everyone has a good chance to win something for repair bills..
      3..If your in a main city you can do the LFG ..If not then send them a nice whisper and ask them if they need whatever instance..If they say no( which will happen alot) the tell them thank you anyway and go to the next one
      Candrice 63 Warrior
      Ricca 70 Rogue
      Machelle 70 Mage
      Enya 74 Druid

Comment

1. Hunters are good for crowd control in the form of their traps. Other than that they are good DPS and their pets have been known to off tank in a pinch. Also with the new Misdirection talent, they can increase the hate a mob has against the tank...thus helping the tank.

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
        2. What is proper etiquette when in a PUG group instance for magic?
        Mind rewording that?

2. Rolling need is "/roll 100" and greed is "/roll 1000". Sometimes the Leader decides to hold the gear until the end and do a lotto. Our guild pretty much hands it out as it goes unless it's a huge run, then we hold the small stuff til last...and give the big ones as they drop

3. Generally you don't group up for something ridiculously hard until 20, but by then you should know what you are doing and feel comfortable with your character. Whisper people ("/w Orion"). Just say in chat that you aren't familiar with this place. People respect the honesty. If they don't, proceed to kick them out of the group. You aren't a noob unless you act like one.

Comment

Thus speaks the rogue and the hunter pet. ;) Though the hunter pet was/is the hunter class leader so he speaks some of the truth.

1) A hunter can accomplish many rolls depending on how comfortable you are with your skill set and what you think you can do. Our primary role is damage. We shoot sharp pointy things until stuff falls down. As a secondary roll we can have our pets tank and/or we can do crowd control by maintaining a series of traps in order to keep a mob (or two) occupied. However those two roles are somewhat advanced skills (see posts in Tactics forums detailing them) and require some experience and knowledge beyond the basics.

If we wanted to just stab things mindlessly hunters would've rolled Rogues and Warriors with their double digit intellect. ^_^

2) "Magic" I'm guessing is in reference to magic items. You will find them in 5 different catagories.

There are Bind on Equip Green magic items which are a dime a dozen and people care not if you roll on them for greed or need. SOP in PUGs/groups is just greed the item unless you REALLY need it. If you need it, then just need it. "Need" is specifically limited to use, of course, and does not cover the famous "I'm an enchanter" or "I need money" lines of reasoning. Needing things without a practical need will quickly get you kicked as a ninja looter.

Bind on Equip Blue magic items are significantly rarer than greens and could be quite valuable. In PUGs and some groups people may decide to just greed the item because it can be sold or someone may be able to talk everyone into giving them the item due to need. Don't count on the later in PUGs though because its human nature to be selfish.

Bind of Pickup Blue magic items are a step above the BoE blues in that it will bind to you if you pick them up (thus bind on pick up). You will commonly find these on bosses in instances or on special (and extremely rare) mobs in the world. SOP is to discuss any need/greed issues with the group BEFORE doing anything. Most of the time people who can Disenchant (DE) roll greed and people who need it roll need while people who don't need it pass. This way if someone needs it they get it, if someone doesn't need it then it'll be DEed, and if no one needs it or can DE then people can use /roll 100(0) to see who gets to vendor it. People are VERY picky about what you can roll on. Generally speaking they will go first to someone who would get the best out of it and then second to people who could get some moderate use out of it. Example: Daggers to rogues over Warriors and Hunters. Ranged weapons to hunter over rogues and warriors. +Spell Damage to Warlocks and Mages over priests.

Bind on Equip Purples are as rare as a blue is over a green (meaning you may see 1-2 drop for you after months of play). Generally speaking BoE Purples are worth a SIGNIFICANT amount of cash and people will never let these go without a lot of fighting and arguement. In some cases you may be able to talk your group around into letting you have the item if you can get a significant amount of use out of it and there is no one else who can use it as well (example: healing mace to a priest/paladin, shield to a warrior, plate to paladin/warrior, epic profession patterns), but don't count on it. Generally speaking once the group's collective heart rate climbs down from the 7th story the SOP is to calmly discuss what to do with it. 9 times out of 10 the group will decide to greed roll is so someone can roll in the gold afterwards.

Bind on Pickup Purples are the last classification and you will only see these drop from instance bosses of raiding instances. SOP is pretty much the same as with a BoP Blue except since you're in a raid (10-40 people) there are more people to discuss. People will talk about how much they need it and generally roll off between people who can get the most use out of it.

3) It is ALWAYS better to state up front if you are experienced or still green around the edges. This will let people know if they can depend on you or have to give you a little bit of slack in their expectations of what you can do. (Example: Any hunter can point and shoot, it takes a certain amount of experience to chain trap, pull, and tank successfully) If you want to go somewhere then go ahead and get the group together. You can then state if you are inexperienced and ask if there is someone more experienced to take over leadership. There is no shame in admitting your faults, but it is extremely bad form to not admit to having any.
          My sanity is not in question...
          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

As far as the loot rules are concerned, not all people are going to need before greed automatically. It's probably a good practice to state the loot rules you'll use once the group is set. "hey guys, if you don't mind we're going to be using Need before Greed on this run, and BTW, (insert name here) can DE the BOPs..." so on and so forth or whatever your group decides on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricca View Post
              lol ok im not a hunter but ill give it a shot

1st.. if your in a position where the warrior is dead and the healer is soon behind him feign until the rest of party dies and then get up..OK thats what id do..

2..Hunter can use everything so need it all...
              3. Just invite them to a party and if they dont join just whisper them nice and tell them that you hope they die in a fire..

LOL OK TG its time to laugh !!!

PS do not do this
              One point on Ricca's 1st point. If your a Hunter and an Engineer I believe it is acceptable to feign if all your rezzers are going down even if others in the party are still up. you may save the day when you hook your little jumper cables up to your pallies nipples and turn on the juice. But you still have to try to use your best judgement when to do this.
              Last edited by Quarath; 05-21-2007, 01:07 AM.
              "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath View Post
                you may save the day when you hook your little jumper cables up to your pallies nipples and turn on the juice.
                Or at least entertain your pallies for a while... lol :D

Good for a laugh, Q.

Thanks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse