Mining in the patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining in the patch

So... I was reading over the patch notes... and these two caught my eye.

Monsters will now attack players who are mining mineral nodes near to them, even if they didn't notice them previously.
    The location of many of the Outland mineral nodes have been adjusted both to put them in locations that are more traveled and to make them more likely to be near creatures.

... What the hell is up with this!? It's bad enough that 3 freaking professions need Mineral veins, and that mineral veins are nowhere NEAR as easy to find as leather/herbs... but now they make it A) Impossible to ninja veins that are close to mobs, and B) Make it harder to find veins that aren't close to mobs?!

What on earth could POSSIBLY make them think to add this?!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Re: Mining in the patch

that is AWESOME!!!!

now all I have to do is /follow Manny
    wait for you to attempt to mine... you aggro all surrounding mobs
    I /ninja node $$$$$ :D

TY Blizzzz!!!!
    Uglyduck - Spec varies - Currently Prot
    MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing as Girls

Comment

I don't know the new engineering item [item]Gnomish Mining Earmuffs[/item] that gnomish engineers can apply to a mob and then ninja the close nodes seems pretty cool!
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Its so people with flying mounts can't drop out of the sky and ninja nodes away from people who are on the ground. Its also to stop people from waiting till someone else pulls the mobs away before running up and stealing the node.

Also I'm going to guess they want people who look for ore to actually be able to use the ore and not some farming hitting things away from mobs.
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
          Its so people with flying mounts can't drop out of the sky and ninja nodes away from people who are on the ground. Its also to stop people from waiting till someone else pulls the mobs away before running up and stealing the node.

Also I'm going to guess they want people who look for ore to actually be able to use the ore and not some farming hitting things away from mobs.

Really? I don't see how this change affects those things. I must be missing something I guess. Either way its more "realistic" -- and that's what we really want :D.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
          Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
          ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I agree with Pistos. I love stealing from hoardies who are fighting the mobs by the nodes while I swoop in a grab em. I never do this to alliance people even though they have done it to me several times but it should be expected or the hoarde. After all they are the enemy.

I don't see how this stops that because unless there are more than mob there the mob is all ready aggroed on the other person so you are free to mine.
            "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath View Post
              I love stealing from hoardies who are fighting the mobs by the nodes while I swoop in a grab em. I never do this to alliance people even though they have done it to me several times but it should be expected or the hoarde. After all they are the enemy.
              Coming next patch, mining in Outland flags you PvP. :D
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

From what I've heard during the PTR test patch, the difference was barely noticable. What I'm more annoyed with is the movement of the nodes, since those out-of-the-way nodes were more likely to be there when I came around to them...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X