Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are MIU Weeks doing what they were intended to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are MIU Weeks doing what they were intended to do?

Please post your take on how MIU's are going.

Re: Is MIU Weeks doing what they were intended to do?

I thouroughly enjoy MIU weeks.

though that is simply because when I had applied for squads they were "Full" on rogues so I decided to sit KZ out pretty much, though I did very much want to go, so when I can get in there, I enjoy it. I can understand complaints about halting progression of the squad. But what good is <Tactical Gamer> under your name if you care only about a select few?

Tactical Gamer is a community, keeping members of the community involved is always a positive, no matter how you look at it.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I agree with Shalt as far as keeping everyone involved. If MIU weeks are getting people into KZ that don't normally get into a run due to class balance, timing issues, etc. then its a good thing. I don't know if that's the case currently. In the past its been a mish-mash of the people in the current squads.
      Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
      Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
      ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I think it is definitely working, though not as effectively as it could be. For it to work as intended, I'd like to see more involvement from unsquadded guildies and the members of the newer squads that haven't been that far into Karazhan. I think MIU is a teaching zone as well as a "get to know your guildies" event.

I'm willing to step back for a week and run with people who are learning, only if I see them enjoing it and learning something new. I know that in the end, these people will be able to fight through Karazhan on their own and meet up with me in Gruul's Lair. So I think my time spent on MIU weeks wouldn't be in vain. I'd be helping guildies after all.

And besides, even as an UBER 1337 Raid Leader, I'm still learning things by running with the other groups that I apply to my own leading style...

Comment

After listening to the Guild Meeting and the discussion of MIU weeks (thanks Saj for recording it) I think a more effective use of KZ for these weeks would be to designate 3 or 4 open spots as open signups - perhaps couple dps, a tank, and a healer. Keep the squads running - just post the schedules and have the squad leaders fill those spots from either unsquaded ppl or the members of the newer squads. Honestly if teaching is one of the goals, you would see more effective teaching in a more "together" group. I know I would much rather take myself and 2 other ppl from Defiant and join up with Cocidius or Special Forces for a week and help them out with strats, etc. And I think it would make their run more effective.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

I had also concidered this Pistos. We'd have to do it in chunks, like you suggest. So like one MIU week we could say we are swapping tanks. All tanks would rotate to different groups. We'd also pull in any tanks that aren't squadded.

The main issue I see here is that during that week, some tanks might get the shaft, but I'd be willing to step out for another if they wanted to tank in my stead.

Comment

Well what i was thinking was more of having a few of us in regular squads step out for the week and become free agents for either the newer squads if needed - but I think it would be better if 1 tank, 1 healer, and 1-2 dps would step out instead of all of the tanks.

This would allow another tank to work with one that was experienced with the fights, same with the other roles. I know I wouldn't mind stepping out once every 4 weeks. And if another squad wants me for even 1 night - wonderful. If you do all of one class/role then you may run into more issues.

This way all of the non-squaded people would most likely get to see the bulk of what the squad has done.

For example, if Defiant took Jest, Quarius, Argonax, and Amalie then we could have Talara, myself, Manny, and Starr be fill-ins for another squad. (Of course those 4 spots could also be people that weren't in a squad at all.)

Either way the squad will still be fairly intact so it will probably get through all the bosses that we normally get through. I know that Saj mentioned that his MIU group got to Curator. And while that's great, its not as good as getting past Curator - which is what both Defiant and Illidan does every week now. And most of the MIU groups are seeing a few bosses - wouldn't it be better to show people more stuff?

Of course - these are just ideas and examples I'm thinking of.
              Last edited by Pistos; 05-24-2007, 03:38 PM. Reason: Editted for noob grammer... some of which may still be there...
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Ah, I understand now...that makes more sense and would be easier to do and easier from a learning stand-point.

Comment

I think this idea is a great one that we should consider for future MIU weeks. That said, I would like to see more input from the guild on this issue.

Come on, guys. Speak up!

Comment

It is good for the people who dont get to run kara or so I think so..
                    Candrice 63 Warrior
                    Ricca 70 Rogue
                    Machelle 70 Mage
                    Enya 74 Druid

Comment

I like MIU. It was my first experience in Kara and my only opportunity so far to learn from the more experienced raiders. Swapping people out sounds good, Pistos. I'm all for it. It will be a great learning experience for people and is good for getting more people involved.

Comment

i think it would be best to keep working on teh older stuff and rebilled the teamwork for large runs

Comment

As a potential squad leader I reallly benefit from the runs during MIU week. I think the ideas above are awesome. Swapping out only a few members keeps the tactics/progress consistant. It would give me a chance to see the strats defiant and illidan ase using and apply them to our progression. We just need to make sure we dont exclude people who aren't in squads.
                          "Uhhhh.... Try this HOT and let me know how it goes."

Comment

Re: Are MIU Weeks doing what they were intended to do?

So, yet again I ask a question that would hopefully determine what this guild will end up doing...and again there is a huge lack of input from the guild. Thank you to those that posted.

Unfortunate thing is I already knew most of the opinions of those that posted. I was hoping to get a feeling for what others in the guild wanted. Please don't be suprised if the MIU weeks just never happen. If this is the support they get...(ie: no input on whether they are working tends to make me think they are not getting to the crowd they were created for.)

Please...we need your input. Speak now or hold your tongue on the issue later.

Comment

Re: Are MIU Weeks doing what they were intended to do?

Sorry - I really didn't have much input. My schedule doesn't permit me to attend most of the Karazhan runs, so the MIU weeks don't do much for me. That said, I think they're a great idea. Just swapping out 3-4 people from a normal Karazhan raid would allow new people to learn the dungeon without completely hamstringing a group.

I was able to get Sildus into another guild's Karazhan run the other night and I had a pretty good time. I know I can't commit to a full-time raiding schedule, but getting into a group occasionally is pretty nice. I'd really like to finish getting Fred keyed so he can help heal some of the bigger fights.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X