My take on the guild meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on the guild meeting

My take on my first TG guild meeting was -- where was everyone!? Every large guild has a core group of active players who are the officers, the top forum posters, and the most-frequently in game. But for a guild this size, I expected more of the semi-regulars to show up. Where were they?

That's not a criticism, but an observation. Armory lists over 360 in TG, which must mean at least 150 unique accounts. The 34 or so who attended last night were overwhelmingly the "core" squadded types.

I'm personally going to make sure I'm messaging guildies in game that I don't know (mostly that's anyone that doesn't post to the forums) to ask if they're ok, looking to get into groups, etc. I know from when I joined in March that the officers were great about helping me get into the flow, but that can't go on forever and it's worth revisiting the "fringes" of the guild to check in now and again. Sometimes people just need to be recognized and encouraged and they really step up and get involved.

Anyhow, I guess my point is that everyone should do the same. Getting more people to be more active solves a lot of problems -- filling out squads, making MIU weeks work, more help for non-70 players leveling, etc.

And that is my dos pesos :D
    Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
    Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
    Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
    Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Re: My take on the guild meeting

I wasn't able to make due to a previously scheduled commitment. But I was very happy to see Saj recorded it for all of us that couldn't make it. Sounds like some good things were talked about - now its up to everyone to keep discussing here on the forums!
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Where is the recording?

Unfortunately, the meeting occured too early in the evening for me. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Itharr View Post
        Where is the recording?
        Stickied thread: Guild Meeting Recording
        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

I was impressed with the guild meeting. Yes there weren't alot of people there, but the ones who were discussed things in a manner that made you feel comfortable. This meeting was structured and alot of good information was learned. I was very impressed how the officers are trying to make everyone happy. ( A task that is not an easy one). Also impressed how each squad was allowed to speak and voice their accomplishments and concerns.

Auraind 70 Mage
          Nighsage 70 Hunter
          Cara 70 Priest

Comment

I wanted to make it; but I had baseball =(

I'ld love to get more involved, but currently am sitting on a 14lvl hunter...and i haven't seen any other guildies at around taht level on when I'm playin =(
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lush View Post
              I'd love to get more involved, but currently am sitting on a 14lvl hunter...and i haven't seen any other guildies at around taht level on when I'm playin =(
              Hey Lush, you probably won't see a lot of people around your level, but you'll also level pretty quickly through the teens/20's -- and you'll start to hit more people playing alts as you go higher.

I'll keep an eye out for you in game, but look for me as well on any of the toons below (Sax or Rilke primarily). My shammy is level 28 right now, and I'd be happy to group up and run some instances or quests.
              Saxen | 70 Protection Warrior
              Belize | 70 Enhancement Shaman
              Rilke | 64 Mutilation Rogue
              Noye | 62 Shadow Priest

Comment

Don't hesitate to ask on guild chat too if you need help. You may be surprised to find some of us have lower level toons that can pop on to run something. If I am not previously committed to something, I'd love to help.

Level 80 Warrior
                Level 74 Priest

Comment

Sorry, but I was on a date and imo Girl > WoW

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement