Sig Blocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Blocks

It seems like people are using the Tachyon Sig Generator more than the Dynamic Guild Sig Generator (including myself) so I thought I might want to remind everyone of this.

In case you're link deprived, that's in reference to:

Originally posted by Apophis
    Signature Limitations

We've recently had some complaints about the size of graphic images in people's forums signatures. In order to offer guidance on an appropriate maximum size for sig pics, Tactical Gamer is going to start enforcing a limit of 468 horizontal pixels by 100 vertical pixels (468x100) and a max data size of 50 kilobytes (50Kb).

Any graphic images awarded to you by TacticalGamer (Golden Lemmings, Badger Pelts, Combat Ribbons, etc...) are to be considered exempt from this limitation. In other words, you can have your 468x100/50Kb image AND your rack of ribbons!

We expect your entire signature body to not be greater than this size as well. IE: It is not acceptable to have a 468x100 image and then another 400x600 pixel area full of text. If your signature is taking up half a page, expect to have it removed.

We also want to clarify the penalties for this: You'll get a warning to change your signature. If it's not changed in a reasonable amount of time, we'll delete your signature for you. In some cases we'll just remove your signature and replace it with text noting why your signature was removed. If you need to be warned again after that, you're looking at a suspension from the forums completely. In-game isn't the only place that you have to follow orders!

Thanks!
    So with a little bit of stretching and small modification remember to try to keep your sig graphics around this size.

Double sig blocks are definately prohibited. Lets try not to get the wrath of Apophis and TG Admins upon us. When in doubt poke around the forums and find the biggest sig possible someone else is using (excluding those huge ribbon racks some of the distinguished members are wearing) and try not to out do them.
    Last edited by orion808; 08-19-2007, 02:53 PM.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: Sig Blocks

um... isn't your signature bigger than that block Tarenth?
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

You know, that caught me up the first time as well. ;)

Sig GRAPHICS cannot exceed that box size. The Tachyonsix sigs are 450x60 so within the 480x100 limit.

Text is also mentioned, but no real limitation have been placed beyond "within good sense". So quotes, links, and blerbs can be placed within your sig larger than the box mentioned.

Thus why I said if you want a good measure of how much 'good sense' can take you it would be wise to poke around the other forums and see how large other people have their sig blocks and try not to exceed what they have.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Silchar (70 Retribution Paladin)
        Lightshow (70 Holy Priest)
        Wetstone (70 Marksman Hunter)

"Never forget-the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Cool :) - added some text just the hulluvait.
          Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

a broken nose and a broken heart, an empty bottle of gin! wow that made me cry pistos.. soo beautiful. *sniff*

Comment

It's cause you're not here anymore!! /cry
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)

Comment

Bumpity bump bump as a friendly reminder.

And yes, I know my photobucket example is gone. I deleted it because I forgot I linked it to this post. -.-

I R THREAD NECROMANCER!!!

On a side note, Tachyonsix.com apparently no longer exsists because it was absorbed by MMO-Champion. If you have one of their sigs you need to recreate one at the link provided in the little error text. If MMO-Champion won't work for you (it doesn't for me for some odd reason) you can use one of their 3 mirror sites which do the same thing but without the new updated location tag (as evidence with my updated sig block still saying tachyonsix.com).

New Example:

Could someone with mod rights tweak the original post so [IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/Fredownsyou/TGExample.jpg[/IMG] replaces the old example box?

Comment

thanks for the heads up nvr knew about that one
                  Tip: If you're dumb like me to add a item link in a post type out [item]Item Name Here[/item]

Quote Of The Month
                  "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip the bird."

RAWR!!!

Xyris: 70 Shadow Priest
                  Faeron: 64 Beast Mastery Hunter

Comment

Thank you Tarenth

Comment

Hey Xyris, how did you get your signature? Did you custom make that in Photoshop or is there a site for that?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Heh...right click->Properties shows the sig is from DKPSigs.

Just like the tacyonsix sigs you can upload a personal avatar which is what Xyris did I bet.

Rawr ^_^

DKPSigs does not have some fields like attributes and tends to translate direct rating instead of the actual % like tachyon.
                        Last edited by Tarenth; 08-19-2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Yeah, he stole that sig from me, I had it first :).
                          Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X