Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIU Aars

Special Forces Group:

Team: Elonwi, Sharabeth, Argonax, Dmairi, Sajier, Auraind, Gaviin, Gaze, Dreadd(DCed after Moroes), Newrace (joined us when Dreadd dropped), and Tarenth

Attumen
    Started out with Attumen. Things went smoothly, if a bit slowly.

[item]Worgen Claw Necklace[/item] - Elonwi's DPS set
    [item]Harbinger Bands[/item] - Auraind

Moroes
    Moved on towards Moroes. Things went pretty smoothly. We ended up with the Shadow and Holy priests, the ret pali, and the MS warrior. Tarenth trapped the MS warrior, we kept the pali and holy priest shackled and killed the shadow priest. Again, a nice smooth run.

[item]Brooch of Unquenchable Fury[/item] - Gaze
    [item]Nethershard Girdle[/item] - Auraind

Also got a trash drop:
    [item]Boots of Elusion[/item] - Dmairi for her tanking set

Maiden
    Cleared our way to Maiden. Dreadd DCed so we tried it with 9. We got her to 18% and then lost Sharabeth which threw things out of wack and we wiped. We pulled in Newrace when Dreadd didn't come back. Again we had problems with keeping Sharabeth mostly because of some bad timing on Repentance and me not getting in fast enough. Third time was the charm though, and down she went.

[item]Bracers of Maliciousness[/item] - Elonwi for her DPS set
    [item]Gloves of Quickening[/item] - Newrace

Opera - Big Bad Wolf
    At this point were were at a point where several people hadn't seen before, so we had some learning curve issues, especially with the kiting. After a couple tries we got it down though. Ended up with only 3 people left (stupid LRR debuff landing on the tank!), but a dead wolf.

[item]Big Bad Wolf's Paw[/item] - Newrace
    [item]Ribbon of Sacrifice[/item] - Argonax

Curator
    It was late but we decided to push on. Everyone did a great job and we moved up to Curator. Made a mixed strat using Illidan's positioning (which puts people very close together and uses Arcane resist gear to reduce healing required) and Defiant's Evocate Strat (having all but melees on Curator, leaving Gaviin and Elonwi to finish off the last flare). Things went very well with Tarenth being the hateful bolt sucker and after 3 evocates he was at 19%. We continued to burn on flares but we added a bit of DPS to Curator and got him into enrage state. After that it was a walk in the park. Very nice 1 shot.

[item]Pauldrons of the Solace-Giver[/item] - Argonax
    [item]Cyclone Handguards[/item] or [item]Cyclone Gauntlets[/item] - Newrace (after he and Gaviin decided which way he was going, elemental or enhancement)

A great night for the group, and the first MIU raid to get past Curator! Lets get all 3 groups there tonight!
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: MIU Aars

Illidan groups AAR.

Originally posted by Valik
    We went in with Valik, Jedril, Beep, Goodman, Lightshow, Lunatg, Jimbostein, Xyris, Bluehorse, and Jest.

We cleared very quickly to the Huntsman. He was bugged. He never mounted up and evaded during combat and didn't reset. He should be reset tomarrow for us to try him again. He might of bugged because of positioning. Hopefully it wont happen again.

On the way to Moroes, we got [Item]Grasp of the Dead[/Item] from some trash which was DE'd.

We one shotted Moroes.
    [Item]Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings[/Item] - Bluehorse
    [Item]Idol of the Avian Heart[/Item] - DE'd

We moved onto Maiden next and downed her in one shot thanks to a premature pull by Xyris. :)
    [Item]Bracers of Justice[/Item] - DE'd
    [Item]Totem of Healing Rains[/Item] - DE'd

At this point we learned Mirada wanted to come and play in Karazhan. Lunatg was kind enough to step out so Mirada could get some time in Karazhan.

We moved onto the Opera Event and got the Wizard of Oz. It was the first time many of the people had seen the fight. After a few tries and some tactics adjustments because of our group makeup, we got the Crone down.
    [Item]Ribbon of Sacrifice[/Item] - Jimbostein
    [Item]Ruby Slippers[/Item] - Lightshow

It was a good night for MIU. Tomarrow, we plan to take down Huntsman if hes reset and then move onto Curator and go from there.
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
      Curator
      It was late but we decided to push on. Everyone did a great job and we moved up to Curator. Made a mixed strat using Illidan's positioning (which puts people very close together and uses Arcane resist gear to reduce healing required) and Defiant's Evocate Strat (having all but melees on Curator, leaving Gaviin and Elonwi to finish off the last flare). Things went very well with Tarenth being the hateful bolt sucker and after 3 evocates he was at 19%. We continued to burn on flares but we added a bit of DPS to Curator and got him into enrage state. After that it was a walk in the park. Very nice 1 shot.
      I was in full AR gear which gave me around 250 AR and 10300 hp. My pet also had 191 AR with 9k hp due to the shared stats and begging for buffs. Unfortunately, my RAP was at 1800 (lower mana means using viper and pots) and crit was at 18% which is horrifically sad when you have the Leader of the Pack buff.

Before the first Evocation I was watching KTM and I was having some trouble keeping ahead of Sajier and Argo on threat while hitting the flares because the heals were hot and heavy. I also couldn't stack debuffs and forget about him like a Warlock because he is immune to everything except immolation trap (yeah, running into melee to trap...I'll get right on that). So during the first phase I was pretty much exclusively hitting Curator. I think I managed to get him down to 93% before Evocation between the tank damage, me, and my pet.

After first evocation and into stage 3 I had a nice 20k lead over the third person, but was only 7k behind the tank so I focused on the flares and fired a few autoshots while flares were down to keep him interested. We ended 2nd evocation at around 21%

I was actually having a bit of difficulty at this point. Mana was at a state where I had doubts about keeping things going because both mages were dry and licking at fumes. Sajier and Argo had full mana after using their shadowfiends, but all the healer mana in the world means squat without DPS mana to deal with flares. I actually ignored the flares and started to unload on Curator instead to try and quickly push him past 15% to stop the flares and enter the next stage. At that point healer mana (which was topped off) is better than DPS mana (which was flagging baddly) since it may take longer to kill him, but at least only 2 people (tank and bolt sucker) are taking damage.

While on the last stretch I actually passed the tank on threat and was worried about hateful bolts. Enraged Curator hitting tank + Hateful bolt to tank = dead tank and one shotting the clothies. Couldn't FD either because then someone else (both healers were behind me and Newrace behind them) would be sucking up the bolts and it would be impossible to get back into 2nd place with threat numbers in the 170k.

Course, then I remembered I was an idiot and threw the tank a misdirection. Downed an Unstable Mana pot and then went into machine gun mode to try and speed things up.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Wed/Thurs "Defiant" MIU
        Team: Wintrow, Pistos, Olim, Talara(Wed), Mave(Thu), Bristok, Vondoom(Thu), Manny(Thu), Ana, Ogi(Wed), Dragzai(Wed), Violacea, Shalt

Attumen:
        [item]Worgen Claw Necklace[/item] - Bristok
        [item]Vambraces of Courage[/item] - Olim

Moroes:
        [item]Signet of Unshakable Faith[/item] - DE
        [item]Nethershard Girdle[/item] - Ogi

Opera (Wolf):
        [item]Red Riding Hood's Cloak[/item] - Ana
        [item]Beastmaw Pauldrons[/item] - Bristok

In summary, this was a rough week for this team. The first night we struggled without pally buffs, making it difficult to manage aggro for the tanks. People stuck it out though and we downed all the bosses that we went for. The second night we battled numerous computer issues, including a major snafu that left us with only one tank the whole evening. The team persevered and ultimately got the Wolf down on only our second attempt! Many people had never seen this fight before, so this was great. Maiden gave us problems; she seemed to love to unload on Olim making it very difficult to keep him up. We had to get creative with trash pulls as well having no viable off-tank, but worked through things.

Way to stick it out guys and gratz to those on your lootz! Happy to see that we managed to gear up at least a few of you... :)
        70 Priest

Comment

Re: MIU Aars 6/21 Night #2

Night #1
          We went in with Valik, Jedril, Beep, Goodman, Lightshow, Lunatg, Jimbostein, Xyris, Bluehorse, and Jest.

Huntsman
          We cleared very quickly to the Huntsman. He was bugged. He never mounted up and evaded during combat and didn't reset. He should be reset tomarrow for us to try him again. He might of bugged because of positioning. Hopefully it wont happen again.

On the way to Moroes, we got [Item]Grasp of the Dead[/Item] from some trash which was DE'd.

Moroes
          We one shotted Moroes. It went very smoothly.
          [Item]Royal Cloak of Arathi Kings[/Item] - Bluehorse
          [Item]Idol of the Avian Heart[/Item] - DE'd

Maiden
          We moved onto Maiden next and downed her in one shot thanks to a premature pull by Xyris.
          [Item]Bracers of Justice[/Item] - DE'd
          [Item]Totem of Healing Rains[/Item] - DE'd

At this point we learned Mirada wanted to come and play in Karazhan. Lunatg was kind enough to step out so Mirada could get some time in Karazhan.

Opera Event - Wizard of Oz
          We moved onto the Opera Event and got the Wizard of Oz. It was the first time many of the people had seen the fight. After a few tries and some tactics adjustments because of our group makeup, we got the Crone down.
          [Item]Ribbon of Sacrifice[/Item] - Jimbostein
          [Item]Ruby Slippers[/Item] - Lightshow

It was a good night for MIU. Tomarrow, we plan to take down Huntsman if he is reset and then move onto Curator and go from there.

Night #2
          We went in with Valik, Jedril, Beep, Goodman, Lightshow, Aeryck, Jimbostein, Xyris, Bluehorse, and Jest.

Huntsman
          We one shotted Huntsman since he was reset. He became bugged on Wednesday night and didnt reset until today.
          [Item]Stalker's War Bands[/Item] - Jest
          [Item]Gauntlets of Renewed Hope[/Item] - DE'd

Curator
          We made our way to Curator. Several in the group had not seen this fight. Our first attempt we got him down below 50%. We lost a few people early in the fight. We killed him on our 2nd shot. Things went a lot smoother once people had a taste of how things would go during the fight.
          [Item]Pauldrons of the Solace-Giver[/Item] - Xyris
          [Item]Gloves of the Fallen Champion[/Item] - Aeryck

On the way to Shade, some trash dropped this.
          [Item]Grips of Deftness[/Item] - Bluehorse

Shade
          We managed to get Shade down on the fourth attempt. We had some difficulties with controlling the elementals and people moving during flame wreath, but we managed to kill him almost before he was able to polymorph. We really had our stuff together on that last attempt when we killed him.
          [Item]Boots of the Infernal Coven[/Item] - Lightshow
          [Item]SaberClaw Talisman[/Item] - Bluehorse

Chess Event
          We pressed on to the Chess event for some free loot and got...
          [Item]Ring of Recurrence[/Item] - Xyris
          [Item]Bladed Shoulderpads of the Merciless[/Item] - Bluehorse

It was after midnight EST once we finished up and had to call it a night. Several of us had work in the morning. If all goes well, we will try and get something going again sometime on FRI or SAT or SUN or MON. The group we have can easily take out Illhoof and Prince in my opinion. If we can get everyone on again we can drop them and work on Nightbane and Netherspite.

It was another great run...
          Last edited by Valik; 06-22-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hmmm...

Bluehorse has been raking in the loot the past two nights.

How did the third group do in Karazhan the 2nd night?
            Last edited by Valik; 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X